Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

seventeen - without you by my side

Octavia descended the stairs slowly, watching intently for anything Nik might decide to toss at her head.

"Nik?"

She called his name carefully, hearing something seemingly heavy drop to the floor as a result.

"I don't want to speak to you right now."

She followed his voice and found him around the corner in the living room.

"Too bad. I want to speak to you."

She informed him of the fact and he continued to walk away.

"Niklaus, please. Talk to me."

She pleaded with him, knowing it would make him turn around. Sure enough, it did.

"I assume you heard Elijah and I's conversation just now?"

She asked the question even though she knew for sure what the answer was.

"I heard."

His voice was quiet and he was pouting. He really was adorable when he wanted to be.

"What happened to everything you told me when you thought I was sleeping over the past few weeks, huh? All that stuff you said about being able to be okay with Elijah and I as long as I was okay? Well, Nik, I'm okay."

"I didn't know you'd heard any of that... or that you'd remember."

"Well, I heard and I remember."

"I wasn't being dishonest when I said it. I was just so determined to make sure you were okay that at the time it didn't even matter which one of us you chose..."

"But now that I've chosen, it matters again?"

"I... no. I knew you were going to pick Elijah. I know it's always been Elijah."

"Then I don't totally see the point of the tantrum, love."

"Just because I knew doesn't mean I'm okay with it."

"Well, you're going to have to be. It's not changing anytime soon. You know I loved you all those years ago, Nik. You know it. But then I fell in love with Elijah and my love for Elijah was always so different from my love for you. With you, it was all for the danger. I'm not sure we even really loved each other. I'm not sure it would have ever worked out really anyway."

"I loved you. That was real."

"Was it? Or did you just love the idea of me? That I was just a little innocent girl who was ready to be with you whenever and do whatever you wanted? That's the point, Nik. I've grown up. I've realized that our relationship was never really anything more than blind lust and attraction. It wasn't ever actually love."

Niklaus watched her for a long time before replying to her last sentiment. She could tell just by his facial expression that he knew she was right. She knew he was just deciding how long to make her wait before telling her so.

"I guess... I guess you're right."

He admitted it to her finally, making her smile. She pulled him into a tight hug, kissing him on the cheek.

"Thanks, Nik. Really. I know how hard it is for you to admit something like that."

"Yeah, well, don't expect it often."

He hugged her back and at that exact moment, Kol bounded down the stairs with Elijah not far behind him.

"So!" Kol shouted, much more excited than Octavia had seen him in a long time. "I say it's time we celebrate!"

"I couldn't agree more, brother."

Elijah moved to Octavia and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"It's been a long time since we had something so wonderful to celebrate!"

Elijah kissed the top of Octavia's head and her eyes darted to Klaus. She was surprised to see that he was smiling.

"I say it's time we show this city how celebrations should be had."

Klaus spoke up, making Octavia smile at him again.

Elijah took Octavia by the hand and took her off to the side.

"Are you sure about this? Are you sure you want to stay?"

His face was serious and it made her giggle.

"Stop second-guessing how amazing you are, Elijah. Of course I want to stay. Of course I want to be with you. I've been waiting for seventy-five years to be with you. I love you to the very bottom of my heart and I am completely unwilling to spend another day without you by my side."

Her face inched closer and closer to his as she spoke, and by the time she was done they were just centimeters apart. He smiled a giant bright smile that made her heart warm before engulfing her in a passionate kiss.

"I love you."

He said the words to her and then smiled as if just the thought made him happy.

"I love you too, 'Lijah."

She told him happily, kissing him once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! Hope you enjoyed!