Status: In Progress

Sorbet Best Served Warm

Angel of Death

The rain started pouring in the suburban of the town since hours ago. This particular part of the town was rarely visited by the average citizens as it was the nest for the drug addicts and the poverty-stricken. There was a certain lane in this part of the town that was infamous for the black market trades. People trading their child for food and money, some trading their very last piece of ornaments for drugs and some awaiting for the opportunity to steal from the traders.

But tonight is special. That particular lane was as silent as the grave.

The traders hid behind close doors, peeking out from the tinted window at the unwelcome guests invading the night without permission. Those men in black, as they feared, worked for Questar Foundation. A foundation on the surface, a charitable company but beneath those lies and deceptions lies a strong network of mafia.

One of the man in black stopped before a door and knocked on it. When no one answered the door, the bulkier man began to kick open the door. The moment the door fell apart, I rushed out and pushed the men in black away. Scampering in my escape, I managed to turn to look for a safer route and quickly ran off. I thought I succeeded in dismissing them after running for what it seems to be a while when the sudden bright headlight's high beams blinded my vision for a second. Two men appeared from the side and blocked my route.

Frightened, I took a few steps back. I tightened my grip on the cloth bag I was carrying with me.

"We're afraid we can't let you cross this line," one of the men said. "Our master believed you'd taken one of the precious."

"No, I did not!" I quickly answered. The men ignored my protests and began to close in their gap. I turned my heels around to run again but luck did not side me. The earlier men caught up and blocked my only escape route.

I turned back to face the men I exchanged conversation with, in hope that I could squeeze through the gap between them. When I sighted a gap big enough for my plan, I stopped. A sudden car

All hopes flushed down the drain when I eyed the sophisticated silhouette walking towards us. The two men only moved aside to give their master the space. The white coat glowing from the exposure of the bright headlight was unmistakable. The figure took out a pair of surgery gloves and wore them while coming to a stop between the two men.

I swallowed my saliva. Fear was the only word I could thought of in my blank mind.

"That's not something you should have sneak out of the lab, accidental or not," the silky voice echoed into my mind. I watched as the figure continued to adjust the gloves.

Shaking the voice away, I tried to focus on another escape route when the breathtaking gaze swept up sharply into mine. I found myself shaking. Afraid of the consequences, I threw the cloth bag aside and quickly turned away from the malevolent figure. The earlier man grabbed me by my neck and pinned me onto the moss covered wall. I struggled to breathe. I couldn't feel my feet on the ground. I was scratching his arms to free myself but he paid no heed to me.

I watched as the figure stepped closer to pick up the cloth bag. Taking out a glass of preserved foetus, the figure examined the crack.

"Had you not throw this precious I would have spare your life," the figure commented in a gloom.

"Please spare my life!" I struggled in between my breathe. "Please! I begged you! Dr. Jekyll!"

Dr. Jekyll looked up at me. Her beautiful solemn eyes glared deep into mine. Her glare was soulless and merciless. Despite only twenty-one years of age, she is a scientist. The highly sought genius researcher. The priceless asset of the foundation. She stood high in the foundation. Everyone bows down to her feet. Anyone crosses her will be punished severely. Despite her malevolent appearance, she is a beauty.

Her unusual fair skin perplexion makes her skin glow to the moonlight. Her neck-length dark colored hair suited well with her skin tone and dark irises. Her thin lips tinted slightly pinkish. If I was to describe her, she would be the rare black rose that blooms under the full moon. The angel of death came upon to claim my soul.

My reflections in her eyes were the last I saw before I felt my breathe cut short and falls into forever darkness.