My Firecracker

My Firecracker

“What the hell are you doing” I hear her say. The amount of sassiness this girl could put into her voice was like no other. “Im fixing your car you silly” I reply while slowly wrapping my arm around her waist. Her only response was walking away from me with a sigh and an eye roll. Most guys wouldn't put up with a girl like her. Yeah she complained a lot and was a little crazy at times, but she was worth it. Most of my friends didn't understand why I stayed with her, but they did know the whole story. She saved me. Before I meet her my life was a mess, I didn't want to be here anymore, I had no reason to live. It wasn't until she came along and lit a firecracker in my life that I felt whole again.
Her voice pulls me out of my thought when I hear “What the fuck are you thinking about?” Most girls would love my response but I knew she wouldn't “You”. She scoffed and walked away “ You know most girls would of jumped with glee and kissed me for saying that”. And there it is, that look that could kill “Would you like me to paint my nails and wear short shorts too”? I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of her doing either of those things. “Short shorts sound good to me” I reply.
She took advantage of the fact that I was looking at her car and not at her, to reply with a sharp punch in my stomach. I grabbed her hand before she could pull it back and brought her towards me for a kiss while wrapping my hands around her so she couldn't escape. “You know, punching isn’t very nice” I say to her. “Okay then.. How about this” she replies with a slap. “Okay now your gunna get it” I can see the fear in her eyes when I say this.. she absolutely hates to be tickled. “No! Stop!” She tries to say in between laughing “I’m gonna kill you! Stop tickling me!” After that I finally stop.
“I hate you” She says even though I know it's a lie so I tell her that I love her. She responds with “Well the only thing I love is food so can we please go get some before I die of starvation”. I chuckle knowing that she’s not kidding when she says she loves food. “Yes, we can go get some food… after I finish fixing your car”. Her face lit up at the thought of food. “Well stop messing around and fix my damn car, then” She said with a devious smile. It was moments like this that made me fall deeper in love with her. I knew that no matter how crazy, she was I would always be by her side and she would always be by mine.