Pen Pals

Photograph

Punk’s POV

Coming home from a Jog Punk walked to his mailbox and fetched out the mail mostly bills but one letter had him excited. He smiled seeing the Wakanda stamp and he knew it was another letter from James. “Two in one month, this guy must be desperate for friends.”

He opened the letter and read it before he bit his lip and looked around. James wanted some pictures of Brooklyn and Punk was more than willing to help. Punk grabbed his camera and walked outside he snapped some shots of the park and the harbor that were close by, and the memorial for the army he figured James would appreciate it since he was in the army from what he had said in the letter.

Punk smiled and printed the pictures he also included some copies of old photos he had from his parents of Brooklyn.

James,
I went out and took these photos for you, included some of my street, the parks near me, and the memorial for the world war, I dug through my parents and grandparents stuff and found some old photos from the 40’s and the 60’s and early 2000’s. I hope you enjoy them. What was Steve’s name? I know like 8 steve’s around this area. How about you send me some pictures of Wakanda, I’ve never been there and I’d like to see what it's like.

Punk.

P.S. I hope you stay safe during the storms.


With that Punk sealed the letter and shoved it into the mail photos included. He rubbed his neck and looked around the post office.

“Another letter? You’re popular today aren’t ya?” The mail lady said earning a smile from Punk. He couldn’t help but to wink and nod at her before he left the post office and walked outside inhaling deep and smiling. He walked along the streets walking home.

It was a lovely Brooklyn morning and he still had things to do.

Bucky’s POV a week later


The storms had halted mail for a week. He was so excited to receive the letter and to his surprise. Pictures of home, even some from back in his time. He stared at the polaroid old photos, copies of private photos though as he got to the last one. The one of the Pen Pal’s childhood home. He felt as if he knew this home. As if he knew where it was, like a stabbing memory he blinked. There was no way this was just some chance. There was no way that this was… a coincidence things were far too similar to be a prank.

That night as the storms began to kick up again Bucky sat in his room. Drawing by candle light he began his longest letter to ‘Punk’

Punk.
There is no doubt in my mind I know you. I know you like the back of my hand. Steve. You have to be Steve. You know it’s me Bucky and I just… I’m glad to know you’re alive and okay after what happened with shield and Tony. It’s good to hear from you, you know where I am… Where are you?

Those pictures really brought back a lot of memories for me, thank you. I needed that I’ve been feeling a lot of mixed emotions. The scientists woke me up early because they wanted to run some tests, which have all come back inconclusive and then; I got a pen pal so I decided to stay awake. It came so easy for me to talk to you, I felt a connection and now I know why. Punk. I should’ve known right then and there it was you. Not anybody really has that nickname. I want you to call me. If you can. I want to talk to you. Please?

+980 – 0908 – 878780-22346-81

Signed.
Jerk.

P.S. I’m writing by candle light it’s just like being back in the war.


Sealing the letter in an envelope he set it in a little bin hanging on the outside of his door he hung it there the other day to make it easier, mail, anything that came for him could be put there and anything he needed to send as well. Bucky hung the pictures up on his wall and heaved a happy sigh. Honestly having those photos on the wall made him feel more at home, and knowing that Steve was his Pen Pal made it even better.
♠ ♠ ♠
STEVE