You're Beautiful

1/1

It was an early Wednesday morning and Sarah was making her usual coffee run before work.

"One large Hazelnut coffee, please," Sarah said with a polite smile.

"Coming right up miss," The young man responded, giving her a lovely smile back.

He wore a black visor and his black apron was clearly too big for his thin fragile body type.

"Sarah, right?" He asked as he wrote her name on the cup.

"You got it."

"You know, I don't know too many girls who just drink black coffee," The man comment, making conversation as he turned around to fill out the order.

"Well, I'm rather simple," Sarah giggled.

The server was new, but Sarah found that he was quick and always friendly, since it was the third time he had served her. Making her way down to the left end of the counter to wait for her drink, Sarah surveyed the modern designed cafe and realized that it was oddly slow. There was only one man sitting on his laptop in the far back corner and another man, who approached the counter to place his order.

"Order for Sarah."

Sarah broke out of her daze, quickly taking her cup and uttering her thanks as she made her way over to the self service counter. Grabbing an extra lid to put over her cup so that it wouldn't spill in the car, she noticed that extra markings had been made on it and frowned. Curious, Sarah slowly brought the middle of the cup up to eye level and gasped as she read an extra message neatly written on her cup.

You're beautiful! There was a heart colored in next to the message.

Sarah blushed, spinning around to look at the server as he handed a large brown bag and a cup to an older gentleman. He looked up shortly after, their eyes meeting and he gave her a wink. Sarah responded with a smile and approached the counter.

"I noticed you wrote me a cute message...." she stated, not knowing what else to say to the man as she stared into his large hazel eyes.

"Well it's not every day I come across someone as gorgeous as you," He smoothly replied to her, "I'm Darren by the way."

"I'm Sarah....but you already knew that..." she mumbled, looking down at her feet for a split second and blushing furiously.

"Sarah, can I take you out to dinner sometime?" Darren asked, placing his hand on top of hers and drawing her attention back to him.

"I'd really like that."