Status: Completed! Sequel up soon

Hospital Beds and Memories

A Lecture and an Embarrassing Story

Jack and I were cuddling on my mattress. I was still a bit out of it, but was feeling ok overall. In case you were wondering, I had woken up when Jack was carrying me out of the car and bringing me upstairs. He had decided to stay with me for the rest of the day and spend the night. At first, we were going to bring him home, but Jack changed his plans after I had had my seizure. I just enjoyed being able to be in Jack’s arms and embrace again. Everything always seemed ok with him around.

“Hey, Isle, can I ask you something?” Jack broke the silence and started playing with my fingers.

“Yeah, sure.” I moved my fingers along his and felt the calluses.

“Umm… so, uh, do you remember anything specific you, uh, said in the car after your seizure?”

“Not really, I remember waking up and seeing you, and falling asleep again…. Oh god. I didn’t say anything stupid did I?”

“No, don’t worry.”

“Why?”

“It, umm, doesn’t matter.”

“Jack,” I warned and sat up before glaring down at him.

“No, really, it’s nothing,” he shrugged off. I kept looking at him, though. Something was bugging him, I could see very clearly, but I couldn’t tell what. I was going to annoy him to tell me more, but I thought better of it and hoped he would tell me sooner or later.

“If you say so.” I raised my shoulders in a questioning manner before I moved over so I was straddling him.

“Oh, I like this.” Jack smirked.

“Hmm, really? I was just going to get my phone,” I stretched out to I could grab the piece of technology that was on the floor a couple of feet away, “but now I know more about your sexual fantasies, I guess that’s cool too.”

I started to get off him after I had shoved my phone in my pocket, but Jack prevented me from doing so. He pulled me down by my waist and let one of his hands wander into my hair while our faces were an inch apart. I closed the distance between us and my heart started beating fast. Even after having kissed Jack a lot, I still always got butterflies and my heart always started beating loudly in my chest. I even started feeling a buzzing… Wait. No. That was my phone going crazy. I sat back upright, took out the object that was still vibrating and gave is a confused glance.

“Someone’s popular,” Jack chuckled.

I looked through the rapid notifications that I was getting and glared at Jack. “What did you do.”

“Do what?” His laughing subsided when he saw how serious I was being.

I turned my phone and pushed it in his face, making sure he could see all the twitter notifications I was getting. The fans had found me. After all the things Jack and I had done to make sure they wouldn’t be able to recognize me, it still happened. They didn’t know my name or what I looked like, how did they know I was the girl in the photos and videos with Jack? Somebody must have said something.

“Jack,” I whined.

“I swear to god, I didn’t do anything.” He swiped the screen to the right. “What’s your code?”

“0423,” I answered without hesitation. For some stupid reason, I trusted him with my phone. I was definitely going to regret it later.

He looked very concentrated while he was doing something and tapping random buttons. But that didn’t last for long. He soon pulled a weird face before locking my phone again and giving it back to me. I quickly unlocked it and went to my twitter. Jack had posted a photo of him making a weird face.

“Jack, this isn’t helping!” I groaned, “I don’t need your entire fanbase knowing that we are dating. Not until your friends and your parents know.”

“Well, I turned off your notifications, so I sort of did help. And they don’t know about our relationship, they are only shipping us. It’s fine,” Jack assured me and sat up as well while I got off of his lap.

“Shipping?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s when they want two people to get together and they merge the names together… Haven’t you ever heard of it?”

“No… So it’s like the Jalex thing?”

“Don’t even go there, but yes. They call us Jaland.”

“Did you tell them my name?”

“No, I really don’t know how they know…”

“Ok, yeah. I believe you.”

“Good.” He reached out for my face and lightly held it before leaning forward and carefully kissing me. I wanted more, but Jack made sure it was short. “How about we go to bed, it’s already 11 pm and you look very tired.”

I nodded and waited for Jack to turn around before I got changed. Jack stripped down to his boxers and cuddled with me after we both got underneath the covers. I draped one of my legs and arms over his body and nuzzled my face into his chest. He whispered something to me, but I could no longer make out what is was.

----

I woke up to somebody grabbing my face and placing kisses all over it. Immediately, I knew it was Jack. I mean, who else would have done it? Cam definitely wouldn’t have and it would have been really creepy if some random person broke in and started doing that. I opened my eyes and, indeed, saw Jack moving rapidly across my face.

“Jack,” I giggled and tried pushing him off, but Jack didn’t allow it.

“Just one more,” he mumbled and pecked me on my lips once. “I’m leaving soon.”

“What?” I yawned and sat up.

“Yeah, it’s already 1 pm, my Uber will be here soon.”

“Really? Shit,” I groaned and rubbed my eyes. “I need to get my sleeping schedule back to normal… or what’s normal for me at least. This seizure thing isn’t really helping me much.”

Jack pouted when I mentioned my seizures. “I don’t care if you’re asleep, I just like being around you. You need to get better though, so you can come visit me whenever I’m on tour. I want to be able to cuddle with you when I’m away.”

“I wish it were that easy,” I murmured. “I don’t know when I’ll even get remotely better, if I ever do.”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Jack cooed and lifted my chin so I was looking at me, “now, don’t say that. You’ll be fine. I promise.”

“You can’t promise that, Jack.”

“I’ll do anything I can do, though. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

“Okay." I nodded my head and hoped the tears wouldn’t fall. I had to be strong.

Jack gave me a sympathetic smile; he probably knew exactly what I was thinking. “It’s ok to feel hopeless once in awhile.” He came closer and closer until our lips finally touched. It started off soft. He was still delicately holding my chin and his nose lightly pressed against mine. Everything seemed right. His smell reminded me that everything was possible. If Jack was with me, I could do anything.

What started off sweet and simple quickly turned passionate and heated. Our movements became more desperate. A faster pace. Heavy breathing. Jack’s hand roamed down my body and he slowly pushed me down, our lips never leaving. I held onto his neck, needing him to be closer, my other hand tangling with his hair. He gently lied down and I wrapped my legs around his torso. Everything we did was just so we could get closer to each other. I needed to feel him pressed against me. Jack left my mouth and started trailing kisses down my jaw while I tried to catch my breath. His fingers caressed the skin just underneath my shirt--

Jack’s phone rang.

We broke apart and Jack reached into his pocket to answer. In just a couple of seconds the phone call was already over. He looked at me one last time and his lips twitched.

“My Uber’s here,” he explained.

I nodded and got up. “Ok, I’ll show you out.”

Jack took his suitcases and followed me to the front door. I hugged him and gave him a quick peck before he walked out of the door and down the stairs. Every goodbye would always be treated like the last goodbye I said, just in case I wouldn’t wake up one day. I closed the door and sighed while falling onto a couch in the living room. Cameron was across from me and gave me a look.

I looked back at him. “Cam, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, of course.” He turned down the volume of the TV.

“Am I, umm, still a, you know, virgin?”

He let out an amused laugh, “thinking of having sex with Jack, are we now?”

“Not really. Not yet. I want to know just in case; to tell Jack so he knows what he’s getting himself into. I’m assuming you actually know the answer.”

“Yeah, I do. We used to tell each other everything, mom and dad actually thought the relationship we had was pretty weird. Like, seriously, we would tell each other everything. When you had your first period you went to me instead of mom, and you made me tell her. It was pretty funny actually.”

Just a quick thing. It’s true. I had only gotten my period when I was 16 years old. No, I wasn’t a late bloomer, quite the opposite actually. My mom also only started at that age. Knowing that I had gone to my brother instead of my mom was actually pretty embarrassing. If it would have happened when I was younger, I would have understood; weird stuff happens, you tell the one person you trust the most. But nope, I was fucking 16 years old.

“Shut up,” I grumbled. “Can you tell me the answer, or not?”

“I dunno, it might be against the rules,” he shrugged.

“Please tell me. It’s only a yes or no answer. I need to know, so I can be prepared.”

“Ugh, fine. Yes.”

“Yes what? Yes, I’m a virgin, or yes, you can tell me.”

“Yes, you’re a virgin. You were going to do it, but I stopped you, because I lost--”

“I know, you lost your virginity at 14 years old and regretted it. You don’t want me to regret it, blah blah blah. I remember all the lectures you gave me before the gap in my memory. But thanks for telling me.”

“You better remember the lectures! I still think you shouldn’t do it until you are sure and feel comfortable.”

“I won’t, don’t worry. It’s not like I’ll have Jack fuck me the next time I see him. I’m not ready yet.”

“Good. This is why you’re my favorite sister.”

“I’m your only sister,” I rolled my eyes.

“So you don’t want to be my favorite sister?”

“It would be weird if I wasn’t.”

“Fine.”

I grinned at Cam and he smiled back. It was great that I had such a good relationship with my brother. There was nothing I had to be afraid of talking with him about. He would act like it was the most normal subject ever, even though it was the weirdest thing you could talk about.

I went to stand up, when I got a weird feeling in my head. It wasn’t like a seizure, it was a lot different. I wanted to continue walking, but before I could take my next step, blood was gushing out of my face; out of my nose. Cam rushed up to help me and I started getting faint. Never had I seen that much blood. I tried to stop it, but nothing helped. Blood was spilling everywhere. Cam was looking around frantically to find something that could help me, but I collapsed before he could. My eyes were getting heavy and I wanted to close them, but Cam kept me awake by constantly softly slapping me.

“Stay awake,” he tried to get me to focus on him, “I’m calling 911.”