Status: Completed! Sequel up soon

Hospital Beds and Memories

The Calm Before the Storm

“I think it’s time to call it a night and go to bed,” Jack mumbled against my hair and nuzzled his nose against me. I was practically sitting in his lap, snuggled into his chest and gently held in place by his long, protective arms. We were watching a movie and had cuddled up on the couch. The movie had already ended hours ago, but we were still there, mindlessly staring at the blank screen in front of us. Funny thing, it didn’t matter whether we were watching something or not; all that mattered was that we were near each other. To us, that was enough.

“No,” I whined and wriggled around to try and keep him on the couch. To be honest, I was starting to get pretty tired myself, but I wasn’t ready just yet. Going upstairs and to bed meant that Jack would be leaving me, and I wasn't quite ready for that. Not yet.

“I have to wake up at 5am, though...” He told me with a yawn, not attempting to push me off yet.

The next day, he was going to leave on yet another tour for just over another two months. The last couple of days, because they were our last, we had been around each other more, but it only made the whole thing a lot more difficult. And the worst part was that they were going to be going to the UK for two weeks. Not only was he going to be even further away, but Jack kept telling me that he wanted me to come over for the couple of days they were in Ireland. He was going on and on about what he wanted to show me, but I knew deep inside that I probably wasn’t going to be able to. The doctors had told me I hadn’t been making much progress the last couple of weeks, especially compared to the improvements I had made when I just started chemo. I was staying at the same level, if anything it was getting worse again.

“Ok,” I pouted before letting out a small cough. The first time Jack heard me cough, he freaked out and thought I was going to be seriously sick, but I told him it was probably just a cold. It was always around this time of year that I somehow got a cold. The weather change just always got me.

Jack returned my pout and ran his fingers through my hair, smoothing out the tangles that had formed. I didn’t know how much longer the brown locks were going to still be on my head. Luckily, I hadn’t had any signs of it happening anytime soon, but stuff like that could suddenly happen. I was going to enjoy it for now. If it did happen, I would deal with it; if it didn’t happen, then that was great too. The only thing that mattered was that Jack had already assured me countless of times that he wouldn’t stop loving me, even if I didn’t look the way I wanted to.

“You’re a bit hot...” he frowned, placing the back of his hand against my forehead. The metal of his ring sent a small shock through me; I wasn’t sure if it was because of the temperature difference or because of the sentimental meaning it had.

I played the slight fever off with a cheesy joke, “Hmm, I’m only wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants, I don’t think I look that hot.”

“Ha ha ha, very funny,” Jack playfully rolled his eyes and shook his head at me, “Seriously, though, I don’t want you playing it off like it's nothing, because you don’t want me staying home for you.”

“It’s fine, Jack. It’s just the chemo, a side effect. Nothing to worry about. I have two more weeks to go, then I have a week off and then another three weeks before seeing what to do next. Everything will be fine,” I sighed and leaned forward to place my lips softly against his.
Jack didn’t hesitate to delicately move his lips along with mine, his hands gingerly placed on my waist for extra support. It was likely this was going to be our last real kiss for a long time, so we had to make the most of it. While I was fine with it going like this, Jack had a specific direction he wanted this to go. He made his kisses rougher and needier, me happily going a lot with his pace. My hands trailed up his chest elegantly before making their way into Jack’s messy and unstyled hair. I pulled gently, earning a throaty groan from the man I was giving all my love to. In response, his grip got tighter and he pulled me closer so I was straddling him. He seemed to think he was getting his way.

I pulled away and climbed out of his lap, stretching out and turning myself into the direction of the stairs, “you said you wanted to go to sleep. I’m pretty exhausted myself. If we go now you’ll still have five hours of sleep.”

“Such a tease,” Jack grumbled, but pushed himself up nonetheless.

“Just kissing my boyfriend, ain’t nothing wrong with that,” I skipped towards the stairs and starting going up. Jack was close behind me and turned off the light. I could already sense what he was going to do as he moved even closer, but I still wasn’t prepared. As his hand collided with my ass, I jumped and slid down two steps, being able to steady myself with the handrail.

“Jack!” I exclaimed, glaring at him. This always happened if he did that. I would always fall down the stairs, and he knew that would happen! This occurrence happened way too often before.

“Sorry, couldn’t resist myself,” he smirked coyly, but still held his hand out for me. I slapped his hand away and walked the rest of way by myself. He knew I hated it when he did that. It wasn’t exactly the ass-slapping I hated, it was where he did it. Often it was just as a joke or for fun, and I didn’t mind that in the kitchen or wherever, no the stairs just was a no-go.

Jack went straight for the closet to get changed, while I went to the bathroom.

“I’m going to take a quick shower,” I announced, opening the door to where I was planning on going.

“Want me to join?” he continued to put up his ‘seductive’, yet annoying, act.

“Emphasis on quick, Jack, emphasis on quick.”

With Jack not interrupting once, my shower really was speedy. I could have sworn it was a new record for me. After quickly brushing my teeth and drying off, I hung my wet towel up on the rack and got ready to leave the bathroom. I was about to ask Jack if he wanted to go in before I turned the light off, but he was already snuggled up underneath the covers. Rolling my eyes, I ran out of the bathroom as quickly as possible and into the bed. Jack eyes followed my naked body as I rushed to the warmth while he chuckled.

“Getting in bed naked, I see?” he laughed, going to turn around to face me. I was glad to hear and see he stopped his cockiness and instead went back to his normal self, otherwise I would not have done what I did next.

I nodded and got on top of his bare torso before he could get on his side. Jack looked shocked and taken aback, but his eyes quickly started blazing. He knew exactly what my plan was, and he definitely liked it. I pressed my lips against his, continuing the pace we had started in the living room. A shiver ran through me, intoxicating every part of my body with need. Jack’s fingertips pushed into my hips, causing me to grind lightly against him, my searing body already wanting more.

An aberrant dizzy feeling came over me when Jack was suddenly hovering over me, my back softly lying against the mattress. Taking control of the situation, he leaned down and peppered wet kisses on my neck, sucking and tugging lightly at my skin. His hands found their way to my breasts, teasing me like it was the only thing he was able to think of, like it was his mission. I let out a faint moan, clinging onto him for dear life. This was the most pleasure I had felt, my heart racing and drowning in ecstasy.

I dug my fingers involuntarily underneath his shoulder blades when he found the sweet spot just behind my ear, nipping at the skin with a small force. My desire for him grew with every movement, aching to feel him closer to me, wanting him to give me exactly what I needed.

Jack broke away from my skin, making our gazes meet. His eyes were filled with as much desire as I was feeling. He gave me a small smile before letting our lips connect again. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him down, wanting to feel him against me. His growing hardness rubbed against me through his boxers, causing the tingling sensation to amplify.

“Not yet, baby,” he whispered against my lips, keeping the small distance. Our breathing mixed together, creating a dizziness that neither of us could handle. One of his hands left my breasts and started rubbing my thigh instead. Slowly but surely, the movement went inwards and got closer to where I wanted him the most.

I couldn’t help the small gasp that escaped my lips as one of his fingers carefully and slowly slid into me. My back arched, begging for him to do more. As he entered another, I pulled him down to meet my lips, muffling the low moan I let out. Every movement we made, every action we took was slow, showing each other how much we loved each other. This felt special. His touch was loving, my breathing becoming heavier with how blissful it felt. Jack took his time with me, no longer in a hurry and thinking about what was to come the morning after. All that mattered was this moment.

“I love you so much,” he mumbled, taking his fingers out agonizingly slow. He sat up slightly to take his boxers off, leaving me cold even though we were underneath the covers. After throwing them somewhere onto the floor, he returned his attention fully back to me. My body ached for him while he kissed me once again, letting his hands roam around my body one last time.

It didn’t take long for him to get started after that. He broke away shortly to align himself with me, getting ready to start and have a nice rhythm. The only thought in my mind was that he was so close to me. His small movements made it feel like he was purposely teasing me, hoping to get me to beg. But that was only in my mind, he wanted this to start happening as much as I did.

Just as he was about to push in, I placed my hand on his chest, muttering the last word I would have believed to escape my lips, “wait.”

Jack stopped immediately, his gaze moving up to look me in the eyes. It wasn’t just surprise that glazed over them, but also concern and worry. He didn’t move an inch anymore, “what’s wrong?”

“It’s just--” I wasn’t sure how to ask what I wanted. I didn’t even know how to do what I wanted! It was a stupid idea. Jack and I could have been going at it already, but I had to break it off. “No, nevermind, it’s fine.”

“Ireland,” Jack warned, not showing any signs of giving in, even though another part of his body was desperately hoping for him to succumb already.

“No, really, it’s fine.”

“As much as it pains me to say this, my dick is not going in you, woman, unless you tell me what’s wrong.”

I let out a small sigh, his determination making me chuckle just a bit, “It’s nothing… I was just… just wondering if I could maybe, ya know, try being on top.”

He smirked down at me, biting his lip to keep the smile that was forming on his lips away. Without warning, he held on to my waist and flip us over. I was straddling him, both my clammy hands on his bare shoulders, my hair creating a wavy curtain around us, shielding us from the world.

“Oh, I can definitely get used to this view,” Jack grinned excitedly, letting his hands travel up my sides before lightly resting them on my breasts. I didn’t wait to lean forward, causing his hands to be wedged between both our chests, my lips hungrily massaging his. This couldn’t be too difficult.

I shuffled back a bit to make myself more comfortable, accidentally making myself brush up against his most sensitive area. He let out a loud groan, squeezing my breasts in the process, causing me to emit a moan as well. We were both already a mess and we couldn’t deny it.

“Although you have control right now, you better get started soon,” Jack pleaded, the flame that was once hinted in his eyes now a full blown fire.

I did as he wanted and first sat down on his thighs so I could see better what I was doing. Maybe I didn’t even know what I was supposed to do, but I prefered to get some sense of what I was getting myself into. But I couldn’t even worry about that before I noticed something else that was off.

“Oh, shit.” I giggled in relief. “We nearly forgot a condom. We were so close to making a terrible mistake.”

I quickly reached out to Jack’s bedside table and opened the drawer. He had more than enough and we weren’t going to run out any time soon. I took one out and opened the wrapper and took out what we needed.

“I like the fact that you say ‘we’ and don’t blame it all on me,” Jack smiled at me before letting out an exhale as my finger brushed over him while I put the condom on.

“It’s not just your responsibility,” I simpered. Not wanting to waste anymore time, I got over my fear and lowered myself down onto him.

We both let out a small gasp as the contact we had been begging for was finally made. This was a whole new feeling for me. Different angles were already being used, and places that hadn’t been explored were being stimulated. This definitely felt different, but is was a very good different.

Slowly but surely I started rocking back and forth, creating more friction until I reached a nice steady rhythm. Jack helped me, guiding my hips and thrusting up in me at the same time. Everything in combination felt so blissful and euphoric. With my panting getting faster and faster, I dug my fingers in his shoulders, trying to keep myself steady.

And then it happened. I had repositioned myself just a bit to make sure my leg wouldn’t start tingling. But what I didn’t expect was the sudden feeling of pleasure mixed with fire bursting through me. I let out a loud incomprehensible sound that could only match the feeling I was experiencing. My nails dragged down Jack’s chest, trying to get ahold of something. Whatever happened next, I needed to feel that again. But before I could grind into him again, I was already being flipped around once again so I was now on the bottom.

“Found it,” Jack muttered, slamming into me and hitting the same spot over and over again. It was now his back’s turn to be scratched as I couldn’t think of any other way to show how I was feeling.

It kept building up more and more as I moaned out his name for the first time. His hand went down, torturing me more with the pressure that was building up. I had never felt like this before, but it was certainly one of the best feelings in the world.

Electricity ran through me as the spring inside me coiled as tight as possible before being released. I closed my eyes and let my head fall back completely into the pillow, allowing Jack to finish off what he had gotten me into. I didn’t know whether or not what I was doing was right, but I couldn’t care less. The shockwaves had caused me to dissolve into pleasure.

As soon as I had reached it, it ended, Jack still going strong. He continued to thrust into me with a constant speed, but as he hid his head in my neck I could feel how shaky he was getting. The small profanities he breathed out were warm on my skin. Not much longer after that he reached his orgasm and let go. He collapsed onto me, fully putting his weight on my frail body. But at that moment I really didn’t care.

We caught our breath before Jack decided it was a good time to pull out and roll over. He quickly ran out of bed to throw away the condom before climbing back in beside me. I didn’t even have time to figure out what he went to do. However, as soon as his sweaty body was close to mine again, I got onto my side and let my arm drape around him.

He seemed so proud, glad to have finally given me an orgasm after trying every single time. If I had known it felt like that, I would have Jack let me finish off all those times he had offered. He was my first for many things, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I’ll try not to wake us up by being sick again,” I said quietly, half joking but also being serious before cuddling into his chest, letting my head rest of it’s side.

“I don’t want to lose you,” he whispered after quite sometime of silence. But I didn’t reply. I acted like I was sleeping, enjoying our last hours together, “please don’t leave when I’m not here.”