Falling for You

Lucky Chances

It was a beautiful October morning as I walked out of my apartment building and into the busy streets of downtown Toronto. I was on my way to open my families’ bakery/café Baker’s Dozen . Each family member owed one of the bakeries in the different locations within Canada and the United States. I happened to own the bakery in Toronto. Once I got to the bakery I opened the door and got to work making the muffins. As I was getting the freshly baked muffins from the oven my employee and friend Lacy walked into the store.

“Good morning Isabelle.”

“Morning Lacy, beautiful day out today.”

We got to work setting up the coffee cups and the to go cups. At 7:30 the customers started to come into the bakery. We served all of the customers their drinks and breakfast with a smile and before we knew it the rush hour was over.

Around ten o'clock a very cute man with blond hair and piercing blue eyes opened the door to the café. I was lost in his eyes when he walked up to the counter and smiled.

“Have a good day,” I said as I handed him his coffee.

“You too.” he handed me to change smiling and walked out the door.

As I turned around to make myself a coffee, Lucy was looking at me with a weird look on her face.

“Do you not know who he is?” she asked with a dumbfound look on her face.

“No, should I?” I asked her trying to put a name to the face.

“That’s Morgan Rielly from the Toronto Maples Leafs” she replied.

“That’s cool, Emerson and I are going to their game tonight.”

“Lucky, have fun,” Lucy said as she walked to clean up some of the tables.

Before I knew it, it was four o'clock as I needed to head home to our apartment to get ready for the game.

Emerson was already at home when I walked into the apartment.

“Do you want to have some coffee before we start to get ready for the game?” I asked as I put my person on the bench in the hallway.

“Yes, please.”

I made us each a cup of coffee and we sat down on the couch.

“So apparently, a hockey player came into the cafe this morning,” I stated after I took a sip of my coffee.

“Ooh was he cute,” Em asked as she put her blonde hair into a bun.

“so cute,” I replied as my face turned red.

Em laughed as my reaction to the question with an “awe.”

We finished our coffee and headed into our bedroom to get ready for the game. Once I was finished getting ready I took a picture of myself.

@IssyBaker: First leafs game of the season! #leafs #nhl
Once Emerson was done getting ready we left the apartment and headed to the air Canada center.
Once in the arena, we walked to our seats which were 5 rows up from the leafs bench.

“Nice seats Em,” I said as we sat down in our seats.

Warm-ups started a couple minutes after we had sat down in our seats.

“Which player did you see today?” Em asked as soon as the leafs skated passed us on the ice.

“Uhm,” I said as I looked at the players as they skated by.

“ooh, number 44,” I said locking eyes with Morgan.

“he is so cute, and so your type,” Em said as he pushed my arm winking at me.

“omg stop he is looking at us,” I said as my face started to turn read from embarrassment.

I looked down at the ice and sure enough, Morgan was starring at me as he skated by. Locking eyes with he again he winked at me. Smirking down at him I smiled and gave him a little wave.

“Omg, that way the cutest thing ever.” em said taking a picture of me as I smiled at Morgan.

Soon the game started and I was lost the in the game. However, throughout the game, I would catch Morgan looking at me during the commercial breaks.

The leafs won 4-3 verses the penguins, with Morgan scoring the game winning goal. As we were waiting for some of the fans to leave the arena I looked at the picture Emerson had taken of me.

@IssyBaker: The look you give @Emerson when she catches you flirting with a leafs player…. oops m.riles44

After the game we heading to a local bar, as I was walking towards the bar I bumped into some. Just as I was about to fall to the floor the stranger caught me in his arms. As I looked up to see who the stranger was all I could see were his bright blue eyes staring back at me. He smiled at me. Wait a second I recognize those eyes and smile.

“Oh, I am so sorry” I stuttered out as I looked up into Morgan Rielly’s blue eyes.

"No, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” He asked as he looked into my light brown eyes.

“I’m fine,” I said as I gave him a smile. “Good game tonight.”

“Thank you,” he said smiling. “Can I buy you a drink?”

“Yes,” I said smiling as he placed his hand on my lower back as he led me to the bar. I looked around and saw Emerson looking at me smiling and giving me a thumbs up.

Once we reached the bar, Morgan kept his arm around me as he ordered us a beer and cider. As we were waiting

“ Looks like your my good luck charm,” Morgan said as he winked at me.

“Guess I need to come to more games then eh?” was my answer as I looked into his blue eyes.

“I should also get my coffee from baker’s dozen every game day.” he added pulling me closer into his arm.

With his arms wrapped around me I felt safe and protected. Seeing as Morgan was 6ft1 and I was only 5ft7 in heels my head fit perfectly on his chest. Once we got our drinks we walked towards a table near the back of the bar so we could talk and get to know each other. Once we reached the table we set our drinks down, and as soon as I was about to pull my chair out to sit. Morgan stopped me and pulled the chair out for me.

“I guess chivalry isn’t dead,” I said smiling at him.

“Not if you’re with me,” he replied reaching over to hold my hand.

Looking into his blue eyes hypnotized me and holding his hand just felt right. All I could think about is what could happen if we kept seeing each other.Before we knew it we had been talking for hours about everything you could think of. After talking to him it felt like I had known him my whole life. I could already tell that I was going to fall hard for him.

Around one o'clock am Emerson walks up to Morgan and I and says it’s time for us to go home. Morgan stands up and puts his arm around me and rests his hand on my lower back as we walk outside to wait for the uber Em had ordered. As we walked outside Emerson and Morgan talked about the game. Once outside out uber arrives and Emerson gets into the car. Morgan pulls me close and gives me a big bear hug that makes you feel safe and secure like nothing bad could ever happen. As I look up into his blue eyes, he puts in hands on my face and places his lips on mine. As I kissed Morgan it felt like fireworks were going off in my head and body. As we both pull away from the kiss we both sigh not wanting the night to end.

“What’s your phone number?” he asks as he places his phone in my hand.

I grabbed his phone and put my number in.

Winking I said “call me?” as I stepped into the waiting car.

As the uber pulled away I couldn’t help looking out at Morgan.Once back at the apartment we got ready for bed. As I was laying in my bed, my phone vibrated signalling that I had a new message. I grabbed my phone and saw that Morgan had texted.

Morgan: Goodnight Beautiful… Coffee date tomorrow?

I smiled as I read the text message, and decided to reply with ‘sounds good superstar.’
That night I fell asleep thinking about what tomorrow will bring.