Status: New and Active!

Star-Crossed

b e g i n n i n g

Rhiannon and Kol decided it was probably best to just leave out the back door of the compound. After all, they weren't sure what exactly they were up against, but the hunters that were apparently searching for them had dropped the four guard hybrid vampire/werewolves that their older brother Elijah insisted they have when they were alone like they were nothing. They had originally planned on fighting, but quickly came to the decision that fighting sounded a lot better when their whole family was there.

So, they left out the back and made their way quickly to Elijah's girlfriend Hayley's small cabin in the bayou outside of New Orleans. Kol knocked on the door and Hayley opened it with a smile, just to shut it in his face.

"What did you do to her this time, you idiot?" Rhiannon asked him, and he shrugged like he had no idea. She shoved him out of the way and knocked again.

"Kol, I swear-," Hayley started, but stopped when she saw Rhiannon standing there.

"Rhi! I didn't see you there!" Hayley exclaimed, engulfing Rhiannon in a tight hug. "I see your idiot brother finally decided he was done being annoyed with you?" Hayley asked, and Rhiannon shrugged.

"No, technically, he was scared and wanted my help," Rhiannon explained, and Kol scoffed and stomped off toward the lake.

"Scared?" Hayley asked, stepping out on the porch and closing the door behind her. She was the only vampire or hybrid that had been invited into the cabin since it was owned by her late husband's grandmother who wasn't particularly fond of their kind.

"Yeah. He won't tell me much but there are some hunters at the compound. He ripped my dagger out and wanted to fight but changed his mind real quick when he realized that the hunters had ripped the four hybrids Elijah left on guard to shreds," Rhiannon explained, and Hayley nodded.

"So, should we go back and fight?" she asked, and Rhiannon shook her head.

"No. Kol's dead-set on waiting for the family to get back. He's already called them. I guess he's heard of these hunters before and they're especially nasty or something. I don't know. Honestly right now I'd be okay with them putting him down for a while. I don't even remember what he daggered me for but I'm not happy about it," Rhiannon pouted, and Hayley chuckled.

"God you guys are such little kids sometimes."

"Yeah, well, fuck you," Rhiannon said, bumping shoulders with Hayley.

"I'm glad you're awake, you idiot," Hayley said, and Rhiannon smiled.

"Keep me that way this time, yeah?" Rhiannon asked, and Hayley shrugged.

"Eh. We'll see."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the couple short chapters! The next one will be much longer for sure!