Resolutions

Misiunea Peste

They left Silver with T’Challa as they went to a sort of conference room to talk about well, about Silver. Steve, Wanda, Clint, Bucky and Sam were standing around a table. “She is so damaged. We have to be delicate with her, Bucky and I are the only ones who know what Hydra is like.” Wanda spoke up.

“True but what if she goes super hydra assassin on us?” Sam piped up.

“Hello doofus, we have another Hydra toy with us.” Clint snorted out laughing.

“Why did I call any of you in on this? Can’t you be serious for just one fucking second. She is the only family I have, So I will be fucking damned if I leave her. Steve you know how I feel about this, you should feel the same.”

Steve pursed his lips. “I do Buck but, it’s not like you. She has no memory of you besides the memory of you being The Winter Soldier. Right now she thinks you’re her handler Bucky.” This earned concerned looks from all the others; except Bucky who was frowning deeply.

“Steve, Please.” Bucky said looking down swallowing the lump in his throat. “If I have to go back on the run with just me and her I will.”

“Her and I…” A voice spoke up from the door. T’Challa was standing in the door with Silver beside him. “She’s not going to hulk out, we had a lovely talk.”

Silver kept her gaze down.

“You did?” Steve mused looking up.

“We did. She told me about her mother and her father James Jr and the stories her of her grandpa , James Buchanan of the 105th regiment howling commandos and about Steve Rogers.”

Steve looked over and smiled. “Is that why you keep staring at me?”

Silver gave just one firm nod.

“You can speak up.” T’Challa said putting a hand on her back lightly.

“Y-Yes, I had pictures of you and my grandpa.” Silver said clearing her throat and rubbing her neck sighing.

“You do know your grandpa James is right there.” T’Challa pointed at Bucky who had his face in his hands and was looking at the floor.

Silver looked at him. “No that’s my handler Winter, he’s the first .”

Bucky looked up and swallowed the lump in his throat. “No, I’m James Buchanan Barnes, I fell off a hydra train, and they captured me barely alive. Turned me into this monster with the metal arm. I know you don’t remember me but you will. The longer you’re out the more we talk you’ll remember who you are. I promise.”

Silver looked around and whispered. “I’m tired, can I sleep?”

T’Challa gave a small sad nod to her, He led her to a room that she would share with Wanda. If anyone could handle her it’d be Wanda. She could just trap her in an energy ball and keep herself safe if anything happens.

“Let’s take Silvers lead, let’s all get some sleep and talk in the morning.” Wanda spoke up and stood up. “I’ll go with her, you, you guys get some sleep soon.” All the men just nodded to Wanda as she left the room.

“This is some bullshit, you know that right?” Sam said as soon as it was just him and Steve in the room.

Steve sighed lightly. “It means a lot to Bucky.”

“Yeah well It’d mean a lot more to me if I wasn’t having to baby sit a Hydra time bomb.” He retorted; that earned a loud laugh from Steve as he shook his head and grabbed his side.

“Go to bed Sam, we got a morning run that I’m going to school you in again.” Steve said with a small smirk playing at the corners of his lips. “See ya bright and early.”

“Yeah yeah.” He mumbled walking off. “Night captain tight ass.”

The morning came far too quickly in Bucky’s opinion he had a horrid night of sleep. Nightmares kept him up most of the night. His mind just would not stop screaming at him telling him stuff he didn’t want to hear. A low groan left his lips as he hoisted himself up out of the bed he was in looking around the room seeing both Sam and Steve were gone.

Wanda on the other hand woke up a little later her eyes darting to the bed where the silver haired girl slept. Her eyes narrowed slightly. She knew exactly what this girl was going through she also knew if they pushed too hard it wouldn’t end pretty. They’d either be on the hunt for her since she’d have left or they’d have to take her down.

“I can feel you staring at me.” Silver piped up even though her back was to wanda she could feel the stare on the back of her head. She honestly didn’t sleep at all. Her mind was racing with all this new information what was she to believe?

“Oh I didn’t know you were awake.” Wanda cleared her throat as her gaze shifted from the girl to her lap. “How’d you sleep?” She asked razing her gaze once more to glance to the back of silvers head.

“I didn’t.” A blunt answer. Sharp reply. That was it, all that the super weapon would give to Wanda. No more words were spoken even thought there was two more questions a ‘Why?’ and a ‘Are you Hungry?’ both gone ignored by the girl who was just staring at the wall. Despite her being exhausted and wanting to sleep she just didn’t want to shut her eyes.

Steve and Sam had kept their ‘meeting’ early in the AM running around T’Challa impressive estate to work out.

T’Challa had spent the night studying the new girls training manual. The only one who was M.I.A was the one and only Hawkeye. Clint had left the estate last night and just had yet to return. This rose suspicion from Wanda but Bucky assured her he was safe and that he’d be there when he was truly needed.

When Silver finally decided to grace the compound with her face. She was dressed again in her assassin uniform. Silver hair done back in double French braids and her eyes made up with a fierce cat eye liner and gray Smokey eye.
“Where are you going looking like that?” Bucky asked looking her up and down. “You’re no longer a solider you know that right? You Remember what I told you?”

Silver looked at Bucky and rolled her eyes. “I happen to feel more comfortable like this.” She said almost like a moody teenager even though she wasn’t a teenager anymore. Bucky moved over so she could sit.

T’Challa noticed everyone eating breakfast except her. “Are you not going to eat?” He asked with a stern stoic looking gaze that held some concern for her.

“I haven’t earned it.” She said lightly sighing out.

“You have earned it.” T’Challa insisted and set a plate of food before her to eat. “Eat, that is what I want you to do.”

Silver looked at him and then down at the plate. She hesitated looking around at everyone else before she reluctantly took the fork and ate. After that first bite, she realized how famished she was. Her stomach rumbled as this was probably the most food she’d eaten in years. Hydra was not known for the best conditions. They’d often starve the Assets until they proved themselves and even then. All they would get was Rice cakes and a cup of water.

They’d get all their protein from powder in the water, all their vitamins from the injections they’d get right before they were put under. It wasn’t a good sight, it was cruel. Bucky watched Silver pick at her food he just had this feeling in the pit of his stomach this was going to be a bad day. Little did he know he was oh so right.

As soon as breakfast had finished T’Challa took Silver into the lab under false pretense. He told her that he was going to show her around when really they were going to try and run some tests on her. That turned out oh so lovely as Silver attacked every one of the Scientists and T’Challa last.

Bucky rushed into the room. “Soldat! Stand down!” He tried to sound like a handler. This time it had no effect on the girl. Bucky went wide eyed as a computer whizzed past his face striking a wall to his left. “Okay..” He exhaled and grabbed her by her arms and tossed her to the ground he didn’t want to hit her.

Silver was mumbling in a dead language nobody knew what she was saying it sounded just like mumbling and random letters to them. Bucky shared a confused look with Wanda and Steve. “Can anybody understand a damn word this chick is saying?” Sam asked as he stood in the doorway in full gear.

A loud scream came from the girl's mouth. Bucky winced weakly and looked down holding his ear. “Ugh!” He grumbled out loudly and glared towards her trying the whole, handler thing again. “SOLDAT!”

That time Silver looked at Bucky. She didn’t move or do anything she just stared at him her silver-blue eyes were narrowed up at Bucky before she again began speaking in tongues that nobody really understood.

Bucky’s gaze turned to the scientists. “What did you do? Tell me exactly so I can undo this!”

One of the cowering scientists spoke up lowly. “W-We used some commands from the book.” Oh-Oh-Oh, Now Bucky was pissed off. His cerulean blue eyes narrowed in a dangerous gaze his attention turned to T’Challa and he just held his hand out for the book.

“What. Page.” Bucky spoke slowly, when he spoke slowly he was pissed off and no it didn’t mean he was going to get angry and yell. It meant he was going to kill someone. The scientist opened the book to the page they read from. Bucky’s eyes darted across the page as quickly as he could Sam and Cap were holding Silver down so she’d stop breaking things. Honestly, T’Challa couldn’t get mad he had done this to his own lab.

Bucky turned to Silver and spoke firmly. “Soldat, trebuie să te oprești. Misiunea ta sa terminat.” He hissed in Romanian his eyes narrowed. He basically told her mission was completed and that she needed to stop. That command did the opposite of what he wanted. Instead of her stopping she literally threw Steve and Sam across the room at Bucky. Silver jumped out the window and literally ran off into a random direction of Wakanda.

“We will get her back.” T’Challa said slowly as he walked up to Bucky. Who turned to face him a scowl on his face he growled lowly at T’Challa so mad his teeth were gritting and he couldn’t really speak properly.

“Damn right you will get her back here or I swear to god I will murder you.” Bucky growled though he didn’t actually mean it he was just a worried grandpa trying to help his granddaughter get out of this sticky situation she had wound up in.

For now, she was off in the forest of the Wakanda mountain side they were on…

Great.