Broken Connection

Everything Is Hilarious

Naira: hwey dad, the mowst importanmt person in my lifde! I lovce youuuuuu!
Dad: Drunk the first night there? What am I going to do with you… I love you too.

Naira’s POV

Trusting Maya to drive was a mistake, trusting her to drive drunk was even worse. She managed to do it, but it was terrifying. Whenever she almost hit something we would burst out into giggles, which probably wasn’t such a good idea, because it only distracted her even more. Why nobody reported her or why she didn’t get caught was also a mystery to me, but at the time I didn’t give a fuck. To be honest, I probably couldn’t have driven any better, and we got home in one piece, so I was fine with what happened.

I hadn’t gotten drunk in ages, the last time definitely being during a college party, and stuff did not go that well… I was the worst drunk possible: a clumsy drunk. For some reason, I got gifted with the skill of tripping over air and my own feet. Falling over into the lap of the boyfriend of one of those super posh bitchy girls was not that fun. Let’s just say I went back to my dorm with beer dripping from my clothes. It was super embarrassing, I was accused of making the guy cheat on the girl. What made it even worse was that my boyfriend, Matt, broke up with me the next morning. I obviously felt like shit already, but then to have him trample and break my heart as well, just made it worse. We were just getting serious; been together for a couple of months, loved each other, went as far to sleep with each other, considered moving in with each other… but he was being transferred and he didn’t want to continue, he didn’t want to do long distance. Apparently, it wasn’t going to work. Over time, with Maya’s help, I realized that I was going to be ok and find someone else. She had had a lot more relationships than I had; I had only been in two relationships.

But that wasn’t what this was about. That was in the past and I was in the present. There was no reason for me to think about that anymore. It all happened a year ago, and even though I hadn’t been out there since, I honestly didn’t care. I mean, why would I?

“Naira!” Maya gasped after turning off the engine. “Where the fuck are my keys!”

My eyes went wide and I looked around before laughing. “They're in your hand!”

She started giggling as well. “Oh my god, yes!”

“We should get inside.” I tried to open the door with the handle a couple of times, but failed. My hand kept either missing it or slipping off it. Eventually, after nine tries, I finally got hold of it and actually managed to open the thing.

Maya and I both stumbled towards the front door and didn’t think anything of the other cars standing outside. Why would somebody even care about that? I mean, we had more important things to think about, such as making it to the front door alive. We leaned on each other and stumbled together. This was basically us in general; relying on each other the entire time.

We entered the house, after Maya finally got the keys to unlock, and turned on the light. She immediately managed to make her way forwards and towards the stairs, however I did not have such luck. I tried following her, but, me being me, I tripped over nothing. But something weird happened. I never hit the floor. Was I really that drunk? Could I seriously not feel anything? Woah.

Wait. No. Somebody caught me. I didn’t suddenly have magical powers. Well, that sucked. The arms holding me up were strangely comforting; muscular, soft, and a careful grip. This wasn’t Maya… But who was it?

“Woah, be careful there,” a male voice came out of the figure holding me.

I opened my eyes, which I had closed when I started falling. The guy was actually pretty cute… wait, let me rephrase that to tell you the truth. In my drunken mind, he was the hottest specimen of the male homosapien. His black hair was spiked up slightly and his smile was just-- just perfect. And those eyes! Sure, they were the most normal brown I had ever seen, but still: his eyes! Just, no. This was unfair to other guys!

But all I could do was chuckle. This whole situation was so funny. I looked around and saw three other guys. One was tall, had a medusa piercing, a whole load of tattoos, and long hair underneath his snapback. Another one was also pretty tall, also had a shit load of tattoos, and had a dermal piercing. And the last one was about my height. He had long hair that reached to his shoulders, a nose piercing, but no visible tattoos. Now, it’s pretty impressive that I managed to name all their piercings. Maya had taught me well… very well… Now that I mention that, these guys were very familiar.

“Maya,” I giggled and half slurred, still being held upright by the guy. He helped me stand up properly, but his hands had moved to my waist to keep me stable, “there’s four guys in your house!”

“What!” Maya turned around in panic, but relaxed when she saw who it was. “Oh! What are you guys doing here!”

The tall medusa piercing guy spoke up, “well, you have been kinda vague in your texts, and we were concerned about you, so we decided to come check up on you.”

She looked at me and I swore I could see her frown for a second, even with how fuzzy I was seeing everything. “Well, I’m fine. We should probably go to bed. I’ll introduce you guys sometimes tomorrow or something, goodnight.”

I nodded, totally agreeing with what she said; not only was I tired from traveling, but I was also exhausted from being drunk. So, I got out of the guy’s grip and tried going to Maya. However, it didn’t go as planned. I tripped again, almost hitting something, but I was caught once again, which was pretty lucky. Apparently I could have almost smashed my head against a table, and that wouldn’t have ended well.

“Maybe I should help you up,” the same guy from before suggested after he pulled me upright again.

“I’ll help her,” Maya interrupted and started coming towards me, but almost fell as well.

The tall guy with the snapback stopped her, “no way. I’ll be helping you and Jaime will get your friend upstairs.”

Maya was about to start complaining, but she was already being carried away. She looked at me with sad eyes of the guy’s shoulder. I pouted back at her and the guy that was helping me started slowly taking steps forwards while holding most of my weight.

“The love of my life,” I reached out for her, “nooo! Don’t leave me!”

“They might keep us apart, but we know what we have is real!” She shouted back and disappeared to the next floor.

I couldn’t help but laugh again. Everything was so hilarious right now. Seriously, you could have told me my dad had died and I would find something to laugh about, I was that fucked up.

----
Jaime’s POV

Maya had often shown us photos and shared stories of the girl she had met on the internet years ago. Her name was Naira, a beautiful name… The weird thing was that they had never actually seen each other in person, but they still knew every single detail about each other. And with the rate Maya would spit out stories to us, I guess you could say I knew this girl pretty well as well. She seemed great and I was actually strangely excited when Maya told us that Naira was finally coming here.

I had always been so interested in this girl. Everything about her just seemed so amazing. But when I saw her come in with Maya… boy, did I nearly have a heart attack. She was even more beautiful than in her pictures. Her hair looked even more like pure white when close up, and that goshdarn mouth just looked so kissable. When I saw her stumble over in front of me, I quickly reached over so she wouldn’t hurt herself. It was like we were meant to be; it was like a movie. When she opened up her eyes I saw her deep cool blue eyes look back at me. I could swear to god that I fell in love right there and then. I needed to make this girl mine.

I took advantage of the situation and offered to take her to bed, but Maya tried to stop me… which was very weird. It was like she was protective of her or something, like she didn’t want her around me. Maybe Maya had a crush on her best friend! But that wouldn’t stop me, right? So, when Naira almost tripped over again, and Mike had offered to bring Maya to bed, I went right for it again. However, my suspicions got even greater when Naira called Maya ‘the love of her life’. Did Maya have a crush on Naira, and Naira have a crush on Maya? No way. Maya had told me that Naira was straight… right?

Oh well, that didn’t matter to me. When I said I’d take advantage of the situation, I did not mean rape her while the girl was obviously drunk out of her mind, I meant get to know her a bit while she was carefree and would basically tell me anything. Was that mean? Probably. Did I think about that while doing it? Nope, it only popped into my head days later. Would I have done it differently? Probably not.

I put the beautiful girl on her bed, which was once a guest room, but now had a permanent resident for a while. She wouldn’t stop giggling and I grinned at the sound. It was definitely one of the most amazing sounds I had heard in awhile. She turned over so she was on her back before turning even further. For some reason, she thought this was hilarious and laughed even louder while trying to blow hair out of her face. This girl was definitely a happy and clumsy drunk, and there was no way she could deny it.

I looked around and saw that her suitcase was still unopened, meaning she probably couldn’t find anything in this state, “do you need some help getting into some pajamas?”

She stopped laughing and looked at me before giggling again, “I should say no, but yeeeessss.” Her eyes suddenly and bore right through me. “I am so fucking drunk!”

“Yes, you are,” I chuckled and opened her suitcase, “that’s why I’m offering this.”

I looked through her suitcase, hoping I wouldn’t make it too messy. She probably wouldn’t remember anything the day after, and I didn’t want her to think some random person rummaged through her stuff, or that she did some weird thing during the night. I’ve had my fair share of weird things happening, and I knew how terrifying things could be. Her suitcase was pretty packed, mostly with sweaters, but there were also a couple of other articles in here. The clothing style in this suitcase was a lot different from what she was wearing; Maya had probably dressed her up. I grinned and continued looking for what I needed.

“Here you go,” I found something that looked right. Checkered pants and a graphic tee look right, right? It better be, because that’s what I gave her.

When I realized she was having serious troubles, I offered even more help, which she, surprisingly, also accepted. I tried my best to not stare while she was practically lying naked in front of me, and helped her put on the other garments. My eyes were literally trying to look anywhere but her; I didn’t want her to feel like I was invading her privacy or something. This girl was way too beautiful and I was seriously going to do anything to make her mine without seeming crazy.

“Well, goodnight, then.” I got the covers out underneath her and tucked her in.

I went to walk out of the room, but she stopped me by sloppily grabbing my wrist. “Wait.”

I turned around to look at the beautiful and alluring girl. Her eyes were already drooping, showing she was about to fall asleep, but she still had enough energy to look at me and say, “what’s your name?”

“Jaime." I smiled down at her sleepy posture.

“Well, goodnight,” she turned around so her back was facing me, “Jaime, my new friend.”

I chuckled to myself and left the room.