Warning Sirens

2

Jungkook leaned against his headboard, he was still confused on whether or not to try and find Yoori. He was extremely embarrassed with the state in which she had seen him. He would admit that she was pretty, she also knew what she was doing in terms of programming. She was probably at least second in the entire department, if not first. He had seen her often, they went to freshman orientation together and she seemed to be unable to hold conversations with males. Yugyeom had mentioned they were partners in a Cal class. Jackson had also mentioned that she worked with him at the Dim Sum shop, she didn't ever have much to say to him but she was polite to the costumers.
He let out a quiet sigh and decided to go and see if she was working.
He pulled on a hoodie and left his dorm room.

Yoori stilled her shaking hand as she walked through the doorway from the kitchen where there were several tables of people waiting for food. She carried a platter of dishes towards a table that was packed with boys. There were a couple with interesting hair colors; one with pastel blue hair, another with coppery red tresses. Over all it was a table filled with around 13, they were all polite. She bowed slightly and set the tray down. They all bowed in thanks and one of the taller ones proceeded to scoop a large portion onto his plate.
She quickly turned around to go back to the kitchen. The small bell on the door rang out, the shop was quiet enough so that the bell itself could be heard clearly. She turned to see who had just come in, hoping that it wasn't another group. To her relief and also her fear; it was just a single person. Jeon Jungkook entered the shop. He had a casual enough look on his handsome face.
She could feel herself blushing, he had seen her at her worst. To make the entire situation worse she had clung to him tightly.

Jungkook made eye contact with Yoori and she averted her gaze.
She slowly made her way to him, her voice coming out small.
"You can sit wherever you like."
He nodded and took a seat at one of the small tables near the kitchen.
"Anything to drink?" She asked quietly.
"Water." He mumbled back.
"Okay." She bowed and turned to head to the kitchen.
He thought of ways to talk about going to get their laptops, but he was drawing a blank.
After a few moments she returned with a large glass of water.
"Do you know what you'd like?"
"What time do you get off?" He blurted out.
"M-me?"
He nodded before he could regret it.
"In-in about half an hour..." She trailed off looking away from him.
"We need to go get our laptops, right? I said I'd take you back to get them."

Jungkook let out an internal sigh as he waited for Yoori to finish changing out of her uniform. He sat at his table. The dim sum shop was rather busy still, it was getting later in the evening and he knew the CS building would be locked soon. A figure emerged from the kitchen, Yoori was dressed in her street clothes once more.
"Okay." She said quietly.
"Shall we?" He smiled at her.
She responded with a nod and followed him from the shop.

Yoori watched his broad back as he walked in front of her, she wasn't exactly sure what she had done to be in a situation such as this one but she wasn't going to complain too much. She only really wished that she even knew how to talk to a guy. She'd avoided it for as long as she could, there was something about him that drew her into his personality. There was something in the way that he treated her that made her want to talk to him.
The pair got to the CS building after a few minutes of walking. He pulled the door open and motioned for her to go in. She moved towards the elevator quickly to call it down for them.
They stood in silence as they waited for the elevator.
She was working up the courage to actually speak to him about the day before. As she opened her mouth the ding of the elevator doors opening cut her off.

Jungkook smiled to himself, she was cute.
The doors slid shut on the elevator and she turned to look at him.
"U-um. About yesterday," She began, her face was going redder as she spoke.
"Hm?" He glanced over at her, the small silver compartment lurched slightly as it began to move.
"I-I'm very sorry about my behavior."
She bowed deeply.
A brow slowly raised.
"What do you mean?"
"C-clinging to you." Her head still bowed.
He reached a hand out hesitantly and lifted her chin to face him again.
"It's perfectly alright." He felt his face start heating up as she looked at him, her eyes wide.

The doors opened and the pair quickly exited the compartment.
They moved to the next to last lab room, the door across the hall scattered with holes and chips. Yoori felt her heart clench, that was almost the two of them. The door to the lab they were entering was still kicked in.
She wanted to say more things to him, she wanted to get to know him.
"U-ah...We should get-get coffee or something sometime."
She whipped around to see Jeon Jungkook, one of the coldest boys in the entire Computer Science major blushing.
"Me? Y-yeah. If you, if you wanted to."
He nodded and quickly moved inside the room to grab his bag. She followed suit and grabbed her bag from the floor of the room.

Jungkook could feel the redness on his face and in his soul, she was too cute for him to really handle.
He moved towards the elevator as soon as she got out of the room, unwilling to try and speak again for at least a few moments.
He pressed the call button and took a deep breath before turning around to look at Yoori.
She was looking down at her phone, her chin length cotton candy pink hair falling around her face.
"We should exchanged numbers. For the coffee date-" He stuttered over himself.
She coughed in shock.
"Sure." She whispered out, passing her phone over to him.
He timidly took the phone from her hands and passed his over to her.
He punched in the numbers as the doors to the elevator opened finally.
He moved the phone back to her hands and stepped into the box, hand over the door so it didn't try to close on her.

Sitting silently on his bed Jungkook tired to fathom what had just happened, he now had a date with a girl.
"You look shell shocked, are you still shaken about shooting?" Yugyeom looked over at his roommate, cautiously.
"No, well sorta."
"Oh? What's wrong then?"
"You know Pyo Yoori, right?"
"Yes, she and I did a thing for Calculus together. Mm, we were assigned to do it together. She didn't speak at all, only wrote down the work she knew she could do well and handed it to me. Why do you ask?"
"We're going to get coffee tomorrow afternoon. I don't want to mess up."
"You mean she actually talked to you?" The math major looked stunned.
"Yeah. But, what do I do to make sure I don't mess up?"
"Given the fact that she doesn't speak, I'm pretty sure you won't have an issue on your date." Yugyeom shrugged passively.
"You think so?"
"Yep, I'm pretty sure if she actually talked to you then you'll be good. Just be you, you're not always bad."

Yoori nervously ran her fingers through her short hair as she glanced at the time on her phone.
She was supposed to be meeting Jungkook in under half an hour and she was still struggling to decide on what was a good thing to wear. Finally she just gave up and tossed an over sized sweater over her jeans. She ruffled her hair once more and turned away from the mirror so she would stop worrying about her appearance, it wasn't really a DATE. Just coffee. That was all.
She decided it was better to be early than late and picked up her bag and left her dorm.

As her feet met the concrete outside of the building she looked around, it was a quiet day on campus. Most people were either sleeping or off campus. It was a peaceful setting. She neared the coffee shop, she hoped to be there before him if only to settle her nerves. The shop came into view and she saw his tall, lean looking figure casually rested against the trunk of one of the cherry blossom trees.
His hair mused, he wore a simple long sleeved white shirt and a pair of blue ripped jeans, his feet covered in a pair of red high-tops.

Jungkook stood up straighter as he saw Yoori making her way towards him, her sweater hanging down well past her fingertips. She held tightly onto her bag as she stopped before him.
"Oh, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting." Her voice small.
"It's no problem. Shall we?" He nodded to the coffee shop beside them.
Her head bobbed in agreement, he quickly turned away to hide his smile as they walked to it.
The small bell on the door rang lightly; Jimin, who was behind the counter, glanced up with a welcoming smile. The grin on the art major's face only grew as he saw Jungkook entering with an unknown girl.
"Jungkookie!"
"Ah-Hyung." Jungkook's face started to heat up, he'd thought that it was going to be someone like Yujin or even Jaebum.
His luck seemed to betray him as it was.
Yoori looked rather startled by the loud boy near them.

"Jungkookie, who is this?"
"Ah...mm. This is Pyo Yoori-ssi, she's in my major."
Yoori bowed lightly to the short young man.
"Wonderful! Nice to see you out of your comfort zone." Jimin smiled sweetly at the pair of them.
Yoori was already blushing more, Jungkook was eager to change the subject away from her.
"We'd like to order some coffee, please."
"Sure, what can I get you."
Jungkook shifted his gaze over to the girl beside him, her eyes wide behind her wire framed glasses.
"What would you like?"
She glanced up at him.
"Macchiato please, iced."
"Okay, iced americano please."
"Together or separate?"
Before she could speak up Jungkook quickly said "Together."
"I-I have money."
"No." He said simply.
Jimin grinned wider from his spot behind the counter.

Yoori felt her self stiffen up, the young man behind the counter seemed nice enough. She dropped her gaze to the floor. After a second she felt a light tap on her shoulder, glancing up she met Jungkook's eyes. He offered her a smile and gestured to a table a bit away from the counter.
She took a seat and glanced over to the boy across from her again, he looked nervous which came as a surprise to her. He was usually distant and off putting, but he seemed so human.
"Thanks," He began, but trailed off.
"Ne." She nodded.
"No really, um. Thank you for agreeing to come out with me, I...well I've seen you in the building and stuff. You were also at orientation with me, but um-you didn't really say much.-" He cut himself off again, the blush on his handsome face darkening exponentially.
"You...saw me?" She muttered out, she bit her lip to keep from smiling.
He nodded quickly.

Jungkook felt the embarrassment crushing down on him, he wasn't sure what else to even say.
Finally she looked up from the table top and met his eyes.
"Do you play Overwatch?"
He nodded slightly and she smiled at him.
"We should play some time, maybe next time we could go to a game cafe."
As she spoke dropped her eyes again.
"Th-there will be a next time?"
He felt his heart lift up slightly.
"Two iced coffees!" Jimin's loud voice met the younger man's ears, "Glad to see it's going well! Enjoy yourselves."
Jimin squeezed Jungkook's shoulder as he moved away from them.