Status: Updates are liable to be irratic and will come in fluid bursts. This is by no means intended to explain or excuse any actions dealt with within the story.

A Twilight Mother's Day

Breakfast at Pinkies: 2

I had followed my Mummy; Twilight Sparkle through town to the cafe, Sugar-cube Corner. Of course it is one of these wonderful, sunny days with just a frisky breeze that is teasing your mane.

Sugar-cube Corner!” the sign over the door to the cafe is stating, proudly and inviting.

“Is this the cafe?” I inquire.

“Yes!” Twilight states, as she steps into the cafe.

The door is invitingly open, and the entire building looks as if it had been made out of Ginger-bread.

Once inside, I notice the counter to the right; flanked with glassed in display cases filled with cookies, pastries, cakes and bread to the right and left. Of course there is also candy and other sweet and tasty treats lined up on the top of the display cases. Behind the counter, Pinkie Pie is standing.

“Hiya, Twilly! Nice to see you here, and with your Daughter!” Pinkie Pie exclaims, in her usual excited manner.

“Hiya, Pinkie! Of course Dawn Break had to come over, since we like to have our breakfast here!” Twilight responds, beaming a wide grin at her old friend, Pinkie Pie.

“Hi, Pinkie!” I respond; “I already love her!” I think; “Is she the Pinkie Pie you told me about, Mummy? This is the Sugar-cube Corner, right!” I whisper to Twilight.

She is indeed, and this is the Sugar-cube Corner!” she whispers in my ear; “What tasty treat are you in the mood for, as your breakfast; Dawn, dear?” she continues.

“Blueberry and Raspberry muffins? You are after all a princess, so that should be just right, Mummy?” I exclaimd.

“Blueberry and Raspberry muffins, coming right up!” Pinkie responds, with a jolly giggle to her voice.

“I’ll have blueberry and raspberry muffins too!” Twilight fills in, as she is pulling out the required bits from her saddle bag.

“You just step right in and pick a table and sit down; I will be with you in an instant, with your breakfast!” Pinkie Pie exclaims.

“Thanks, Pinkie!” Twilight responds, just before she is following me in, and I stop by at a table for two.

“This looks good!” I prompt, pointing my right fore-hoof at the table.

“Exactly, Dawn! This looks just right for a Mother to treat her Daughter to a Mother’s day breakfast!” Tw8light exclaims, as she is warming up to the occasion before her.

I can’t escape it, but why would a Mother want to miss out of celebrating Mother’s day with her Daughter? Just because I miss sleeping in, one single day? Just because I had hoped to be lone, when I had sent away Spike on an errand?” Twilight ponders.

“Could you pull out my chair, for me; Mummy?” I inquire.

She merely nods and pull out the chair and I jump up; before she is pushing it in towards the table, making me sit comfortably. She pulls out her chair and sit down, pulling it in for herself.

“There you are!” Pinkie Pie exclaims, giggling as she is trotting in with our muffins to the table.

“Yes, Pinkie; just like you told us!” I giggle in response.

“Yes, I did say that!” Pinkie Pie responds, still giggling madly.

“Pinkie Pie, is everywhere!” Twilight mumbles.

“I heard that!” Pinkie responds, as she is placing the plates on the table as she is serving us the meal.

“How do you do that, Pinkie?” I inquire; as I see Pinkie Pie moving our plates around with her mane, almost as if she had been a Unicorn and not an Earth-pony.

“I never question my abilities, they stop working if I ponder!” Pinkie Pie explains; with a strange, curious expression on her face.

“There is no Academy for gifted Earth-ponies, as far as I know!” Twilight ponder.

That was helpful! Not that it really answered my question!” I mutter, but soon lights up as I look at my muffins.

“I know, but your muffin will be moldy, before you can crack the quandary!” Pinkie Pie states.

“Yikes, I don’t like moldy muffins, no matter what filling you put into them!” I promptly exclaim.

“Me neither!” Twilight exclaimed.

“We throw pastries away before they get moldy! As a matter of fact, I have most of the muffins we couldn’t sell the third day for breakfast!” Pinkie Pie prompts.

I blink, then giggle for a good long moment.

“A Pony has to eat, and it is better if I eat these pastries before they go bad, even if they can no longer be sold. They are still quite serviceable and tasty. Even if they don’t look fresh and have lost that special juicy scent!” Pinkie Pie explains, giggling.

I should have figured!” Twilight think, giggling; “You are certainly perfect for that job, Pinkie!” she then adds.

“Thanks, Twilight, I do enjoy my job and I help the Cakes as best as I can!” Pinkie blurts out, giggling.

I had been nibbling on one side of my muffin for a while, now I end up taking a big bite and chew thoughtfully for a moment.

“Yummy!” I then exclaim.

“I think it is time I return to the counter, before the next customer needs my attention!” Pinkie Pie exclaims, hastily excusing herself and bounce out towards her post.

Now Twilight finally picks up her muffin, levitating it up to her mouth and take her fist bite, before she starts to chew.

“Yes, quite delicious. That’s one reason why I brought you to the cafe. Even if I knew you would love to see Pinkie Pie too!” she responds.

“Pinkie Pie is fun, and funny! Every Pony should enjoy their breakfast here! I hope you have me over here for a treat often!” I prompt; as I continue enjoying the muffin Pinkie Pie had carried in, to our table for me.

“She is the Element of Laughter, I guess she simply can’t help herself. We all love her for it!” she responds, giggling as she chews the muffin.

-
--- --- ---

-
--- --- ---

-
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah!
Ah!

Oh!