Status: Comment if you are subscribed so I can personally thank you! If you enjoy my J. Daniel Atlas story, please let me know! I work very hard on this and would love to know what you think!

Love Is Only an Illusion

Chapter XI

Image

Sutton pulled on her Hufflepuff baseball tee and slowly began to braid her hair, pulling it into two buns atop her head. She sighed, knowing everyone would be heart broken when she and Danny broke the newest news to the team. Slipping on her glasses, she bounded for the living room.

“We kinda need to live somewhere else,” Danny mumbled after everyone had settled down.

“Wait, wait, wait. We’re moving?” Jack exclaimed.

“I built this home with my bare hands!” Merritt acted, displaying his hands to the group.

Henley rolled her eyes. “Why the hell do we need to move?”

“We’re going to be doing some illegal things and I don’t want this apartment being tied to it,” Sutton sighed, thinking about the elderly woman who owned the apartment.

“Besides,” Danny piped up, “Sutton and I found out that the apartment we all met at is leased in Merritt’s name.”

Merritt gasped. “Who in their right mind puts my name on a lease?”

“That’s exactly what I said,” Danny commented.

“Anyway,” Sutton stepped in, slipping on her Nike sneakers, “Jack and I are going to go shopping while you three start packing here.”

“But, why can’t I come with you?” Henley pouted.

“Because I need someone to make sure my room is not touched by anyone but me,” Sutton faked a smile at her. Henley stuck her tongue out.

“Jackers?” Sutton stood, holding a hand out for her best friend.

“Sutters,” Jack answered, wrapping his hand around hers as they walked out of the apartment.

“They’re so adorable,” Henley singsonged.

“They’re not dating,” Danny fired at her.

“Woah!” Merritt stated, throwing up his hands. “I’m sensing a bit of jealousy here.”

Henley raised an eyebrow. “I am not jealous!” Danny exploded.

“I beg to differ,” the mentalist and escape artist replied.

~~

“So, what are we shopping for?” Jack asked Sutton as they walked through New York City.

“Oh, you know,” Sutton started, “just some appliances, like a microwave, a stove, and a fridge.”

“Why do we need a stove?”

“Do you want your meals made with love?”

“Yes!” Jack pleaded, pulling on her arm.

“Then shut up and go into this store,” Sutton chuckled.

“Where are we getting the money to pay for this stuff anyway?” Jack questioned as they walked through the doors.

“Tressler, duh,” Sutton answered, directing Jack with a small push to his shoulder. “Danny and I asked him if he would be willing to lend us a hand in getting some things for a “bigger place.” He generously said yes.”

“You and Danny have been doing a lot together lately,” Jack commented, pulling open the doors of a rather large refrigerator.

“Just as much time as I spend with you.”

Jack looked at her, placing his hand to his chest. “Are you cheating on me?” he gasped.

Sutton laughed. “Shut up, you idiot!”

Jack chuckled. “Am I getting a real bed?”

“No, Jack, but I’ll be sure to ask Danny if he would be willing to share his air mattress with you so you won’t feel lonely,” Sutton joked.

“You’re such a bitch,” Jack smiled, hitting her arm.

Sutton laughed. “Maybe I’ll get you and Merritt bunk beds instead.”

“Shut up!” Jack chuckled.

“Oh, I know what you want. You wanna share my bed with me.”

“Well, if you’re offering,” Jack trailed, a smirk playing on his lips before the two friends burst into laughter.

~~

Jack and Sutton returned home after placing a down payment on some new appliances. Happily, they entered the apartment arm in arm, greeted with yelling.

“Just admit that they are and Merritt and I will leave you alone!” Henley yelled at Danny, her hands on her hips.

“I’m not going to admit it because it isn’t true!” Danny shouted.

“What isn’t true?” Jack piped in.

“That Jack and Sutton are secretly dating,” Merritt laughed. His eyes widened as he realized who he was talking to. “I mean, I, uh, we weren’t, we weren’t talking about- Oh, forget it!”

“You think we’re dating?” Sutton exclaimed, pointing between her and Jack.

“Oh, please, Sutton,” Henley rolled her eyes. “You said you didn’t like him like that but I’m calling your bluff.”

Jack suddenly burst into a fit of laughter, flopping down on the couch beside Merritt to keep himself from falling to the floor. “I am so not dating her,” he responded, wiping a tear from his eyes.

“Told you,” Danny stated, rolling his eyes.

“Wow, Jack. Way to make a girl feel special,” Sutton muttered as she hit her friend to make him stop laughing.

“But that doesn’t explain why you were jealous when they left,” Merritt pointed at Danny.

Sutton eyed Danny, who stuttered, “I-I was not jealous. I am merely tired of hearing you two say they are together when they clearly are not.”

“While you children discuss my private life like you clearly live it, I’m going to make dinner,” Sutton stated as she made her way into the kitchen.

The argument ended and a new one began as the group fought over what they should eat.