A King's Tale

chapter 1

Chapter1
Once upon a time there was a very brave king. He never hesitated any fight that comes in his way. His kingdom was prosperous and never had any economic problems. His people never bothered even if the kingdom was in war someone. They were too confident about his king and his undefeated run. Hence the name Ajey. More than the people, the king himself was confident about his win not just because of his strong army but because of his chancellor, but firstly his childhood friend, Vijay. While the king just had to think of something to do and before it comes out of the king’s mouth Vijay would be ready with orders to execute it. Together they had achieved great feats so much so that the entire kingdom knew they were living in a period that will be marked as history in the future.
Vijay was sent on a diplomatic mission with the generals of the Meva kingdom by the king. One day there was a huge panic in the court hall. There were dead bodies floating in the River Revathi, which is one of the main drinking water river reserve for atleast half of the kingdom. In vijay’s absence the king ordered bhaldam, the royal courtman and usually called second in command after vijay and one of kings trustworthy, to probe into the issue. Bhaldam came back with a fisherman. Bhaldam said “My Lord, I could not find any reasonable answers except the one given by this guy here.” Confused with what a fisherman could possibly know the King asked “Now, let everyone in the court know your name and tell me what you know”. Fisherman replied “Ma lord, Ma name is chandru and I am a fisherman. It is my habbit to get up early in the morning and collect all the fishes in the net before the bigger fishes gets em. One moring I saw the minister and his men assaulting a peasant. I couldnot listen to what they were yelling at him but came to know that he was dead the next day.” Nobel men ordered the fishermen to leave. The king knew that his chancellor’s actions would have meant something and for that he has to wait till his return.
Next day, the king’s cout was rushed by a dozen of border soldiers. One of the soldiers said “My lord, we saw an army of men marching towards us. They tried to kill the entire border force but we managed to escape. They were trying to take down the bhandar dam which will wipe out entire pandu village.” The kingsmen could not figure where the attack was coming from. In the absence of his chancellor, the king decided to go by himself to face the new unknown enemy. But he knew he wouldn’t be able to save both the dam and the village provided they were already trying to sabotage the dam’s foundation. He sent Bhaldam and half of his troops to evacuate the villagers. As soon as the enemy saw the king coming they started fleeing the place. He knew something was wrong. It was when they tried to cross a bridge that he realized it was an ambush to kill him. The dam exploded at the same time and the water washed away the entire troop along with the bridge. As expected the dam was destroyed but Bhaldam and his men were succesfull in evacuating the people. But the news of kings troop drenching in the water was unpleasant to the entire kingdom. They tried searching for his body but without any success. The kingdom was apparently without king.