If You Love Me

Twenty: I Am Too

Gently running a brush through her hair, Nora spared a soft glance towards the mirror which stood ahead of her, a soft nervous sigh falling out of her mouth. She knew that it had been her idea, inviting Gerard to the event that she was due to attend that night had been entirely her own suggestion, but still she felt a little nervous about it, even if a small part of her was excited by the prospect of taking a small step forwards in their relationship, she was slightly apprehensive about the idea of going out with him.

Offering her reflection another soft glance, she ensured that she looked alright before she quietly pushed herself up to her feet, moving to slip her feet into the shoes which she had left outside of her wardrobe. Ducking down, she moved to fasten the shoes before the sound of a light knock at the bedroom door reached her ears, causing her to lift her head slightly, her blue eyes settling on Gerard who stood in the doorway, her phone perched in his hand. “Your phone made a sound” he noted gently “I thought I’d bring it through to you” he added, offering the phone out towards her.

Nora nodded her head and moved to take the phone out of his hand, briefly studying the screen quietly before she moved to stow it into the pocket of her jacket which was sat on the bed.

Gerard watched her for a moment before he gently reached his arm out, wrapping it around her waist as he pulled her slightly closer to him. “You know” he mumbled softly “If you’ve changed your mind about tonight, then that’s OK. All you’ve got to do is tell me” he added, pressing a light kiss against the top of her head. He knew that she was nervous, from the moment that he had arrived at her apartment, she had looked uncertain and shy, and Gerard wanted to offer her the opportunity to duck out, not wanting her to get worked up about something which could easily be put off for a little while.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little at the feel of the light kiss before she gently shook her head. “I’ve not changed my mind” she noted softly “I want you to come tonight, but I guess… I guess I am just a little nervous. I know it’s a little silly but…”

“It’s not silly, Nora” Gerard interrupted softly “If it helps, I am a little nervous too” he added, softly brushing a few loose hairs off of her face.

Nora tilted her head. “You are?” she posed softly.

Gerard offered her a small smile before he nodded his head. “Of course I am, Nora” he noted softly “I mean, this is still pretty new, but I think we both know that we can’t avoid this forever. We’re a couple, Nora, and I'd like to show that off slightly. I like us, nena, I think we're pretty good together, and maybe it is about time that we think about letting other people see that” he enthused, motioning between the two of them softly. He was nervous, the idea of people finding out about the two of them was one which unsettled him slightly, but he knew that they couldn’t hide away forever, even if he did like the way things had started up between the two of them, he knew that it was only a matter of time before people figured it out.

Nora smiled a little at the word ‘couple’, liking how it sounded, before she gently shook her head, peeking up at him shyly. “You can still back out” she noted softly “I mean, I’d like you there…”

“Then I am going to be there, Nora” Gerard interrupted softly “Besides, you said something about dinner. I’m not passing that up” he added, flashing her a boyish grin.

Nora rolled her eyes slightly before she stepped away from him, moving to pull her jacket around her shoulders. “How do I look?” she posed softly.

Gerard, who’d moved to check the time on his phone, looked up slightly before he quirked a small smile. “You look beautiful, Nora” he enthused softly “I mean, really gorgeous” he added gently.

Nora blushed softly at his compliment before the sound of her phone buzzing reached her ears, causing her to slip it out of her pocket. “That’s our cue to get moving” she noted softly “You’re still sure about this?” she added, sparing another brief glance up towards Gerard. The defender met her stare for a moment before he rolled his eyes playfully, moving to capture her hand in his before he guided her out of the bedroom, something which made Nora giggle softly as she followed after him.

~#~
Gently pushing a hand back through her hair, Nora quirked a small smile, her blue eyes settled on the older couple who stood a little away from her, enjoying the fussing of the guests that had shown up to celebrate their wedding anniversary. It had been a good night, with the event having been a surprise for the older couple, they had looked remarkably taken aback when they had stepped into the restaurant, but Nora was pleased with how things had gone, even if there had been a couple of minor hiccups. She was simply pleased that she had helped to give them a night to remember.

Lightly readjusting one of the clips which held her hair in place, she spared the older couple another soft look before she felt something nudge against her shoulder, causing her to lift her head, her blue eyes peeking up towards Gerard who stood behind her, a warm smile on his lips as he offered out a glass of champagne towards her. “I thought you could use this” he noted softly “I mean, the party is in full swing now and that means you can relax a little, right?” he posed gently.

Nora took the glass out of his hand before she nodded her head. “It does” she noted gently “But I don’t plan on staying too long. I just wanted to make sure that everything went alright” she explained, sipping on her drink lightly.

Gerard nodded his head slightly before he stepped towards her slightly, his arms settling around her waist. “You did a wonderful job, nena” he enthused warmly.

“You think so?” Nora posed as she ducked her head slightly, her cheeks tinting a soft shade of pink as she shied away from his embrace slightly.

Gerard smiled at the soft shade of pink on her cheeks before he leant down, pressing a couple of light kisses against the reddened skin. “You Ok?” he posed softly.

Nora nodded. “I’m fine” she noted softly “It’s just…”

“I know” Gerard noted softly “But we’ll get used to it. It’s just another little step, Nora” he added, offering her a slight smile. He knew what she was getting at, for a while, the idea of displaying their affection when they were around other people was likely to feel a little unfamiliar, but he was confident that they’d get used to it, even if it did take a little time. He was sure that they’d get there.

Nora returned his smile gently before the sound of her name being called reached her ears, causing her to excuse herself before she stepped away. Gerard watched her go for a couple of seconds, admiring her quietly, before he quirked a small smile, wordlessly hoping that things kept moving in the right direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)