If You Love Me

Twenty One: You Know How I Feel

Allowing a small yawn to fall out of his mouth, Gerard rested back in his seat, his blue eyes settled on the phone which sat in his hand, scanning the text message which filled the screen.

It wasn’t the only one, with him and Nora having had a few pictures taken the night before, it had only been a matter of time before they’d gotten back to his friends, and he had to admit that he was slightly apprehensive about their reactions, even if they weren’t likely to change things between him and Nora, he was hopeful that they’d take the news well. He knew that they liked Nora, for a while, a few of his friends had been attempting to convince him to take a chance on her, but still he was a little nervous. They cared for Nora and were likely to be a little protective of her.

Briefly reading through the messages, he texted a few replies before he pushed himself up to his feet, moving to flick the switch on the kettle before the sound of someone clearing their throat reached his ears, causing him to lift his head, his eyes settling on Nora who stood in the doorway, a sleepy smile on her lips. Admiring her for a couple of seconds, he quirked a light smile before he stepped towards the fridge. “Can I get you anything?” he posed, pulling out a few ingredients.

Nora, who’d moved to settle down at the kitchen table, shook her head. “I’m OK” she noted gently “I mean, I’ve got to get home pretty soon. I just figured I’d come and say good morning before I jumped into the shower” she added as she brushed her fingers through her hair, trying to smooth it out a little.

Gerard, who’d moved to settle down at the table beside her, watched the small movements of her fingers before he gently reached his hand out, knotting them with hers before he lifted her hand, pressing a soft kiss against the warm skin. “You know” he fussed softly “You look pretty beautiful right now” he added, pressing another light kiss against her hand.

Nora, who had been watching him mess with her hand, rolled her eyes slightly at the compliment before she shook her head, her cheeks tinting a soft shade of red. Gerard smiled a little at the sight of her blush before he ducked forwards pressing a couple of brisk kisses against her lips. Nora smiled a little at contact, holding him close for a couple of seconds, before the sound of his phone vibrating against the table reached their ears, causing him to lean back, lifting the phone into his hand.

“Is it someone important?”

Gerard, who’d been scanning the message from Lionel which filled the screen, lifted his head slightly before he shook it. “It’s only Leo” he noted softly “He says that he and Antonella are already looking forwards to double dating with the two of us” he added, a small smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Nora scoffed a little, her fingers pulling at the bottom of the shirt of his that she wore. “Lionel wants to go on a double date?” she poked, her voice caught between teasing and shy.

Gerard spared a small laugh before he shook his head. “Probably not” he noted “But Antonella will. You two are pretty close and this is kind of a big deal. I’m sure that she’s more than looking forwards to making a fuss” he added, offering Nora a soft look.

He knew that she was still a little apprehensive, the look on her face when he had mentioned the idea of a double date had confided it, and he wanted to offer her a little comfort and reassurance, even if he was sure that they wouldn’t have anything to worry about for a little while. He wanted her to know that, for the time being at least, they were good.

Nora smiled a little at his words before she gently shook her head, moving away to pour herself a glass of juice. “Do you really want to go out with Lionel and Antonella?” she posed softly, her blue eyes peeking towards where he sat beside the table.

Gerard, who’d moved to reply to the text, shrugged. “Perhaps, eventually” he noted softly “But I think there are a couple more hurdles we ought to clear first. Your madre and sister are likely to want a shot at making a fuss of us and I’m just waiting for my mother to get in contact to ask us over for dinner with her and my papa. I think we should probably get through that first” he explained gently.

Nora listened to him to talk, smiling a little at his words, before she shook her head. “You’ve given this some thought” she noted softly.

Gerard’s cheeks warmed a little before he shrugged. “I guess I am a little excited about the idea of us moving a little forwards” he noted softly “I mean, you know how I feel about you, right?” he posed, offering her a soft look. It was close, the ‘l’ word was on the tip of his tongue, but he wanted to hold off on uttering it for a little longer, not wanting to scare Nora off.

Nora, who’d moved to sip on her drink, spared him a soft glance before she nodded her head. “I think so” she noted softly “And you know that I feel the same way about you, right?” she posed, gently fiddling with the ends of her hair.

Gerard offered her a slight smile before he nodded. “I do” he confirmed warmly.

Nora flashed him a small bashful smile before she stepped towards him, pressing a brief kiss against his lips. “I am going to take a shower and then I have to get moving” she mused softly “But I will call you later and we can talk about whose family we want to handle first. Sound like a plan?” she added, sneaking another soft kiss

Gerard held onto her for a couple of seconds, sneaking another couple of light kisses, before he nodded his head. “It sounds like a plan” he agreed softly.

Nora nodded her head before she stole another soft kiss, ducking out of the room. Gerard watched her out of the room before he quietly shook his head, smiling a little. It had been close, that morning had been closest that he had come to saying the ‘l’ word, but he doubted that it would be long before he said it, even if he did want to hold off for a little while. He was confident that it was how he felt for Nora and that it would only be a matter of time before he said it to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)