If You Love Me

Three: You Know I Do

“Remind me, how did I let you talk me into this?” Nora quipped as she stepped into the living room, her blue eyes settling on Gerard who sat on her couch, flicking through a few text messages on his phone. It had been a quiet day, after she and Gerard had had breakfast, they had made the short trip back to Barcelona, and whilst a small part of her was a little apprehensive about heading to the team’s party that night, most of her was looking forwards to it. It had been a while, with her being a little preoccupied with work, it had been a while since she had had the chance to relax a little, and she was confident that it would be good night, even if it was likely to only be a small party. She was still looking forwards to the opportunity to let her hair down a little.

Gerard, who’d finished sending a text, rolled his eyes slightly at her question before he lifted his head, offering her a small smirk. “I didn’t talk you into anything, Nora” he noted “I simply asked if you wanted to come with me tonight. If you’ve got something better lined up, I am sure that I can handle going by myself” he added, his voice bright and teasing.

Nora, who’d moved to collect her jacket from the back of the couch, feigned thought for a couple of seconds before she shook her head, offering him a small smile. “I am sure that I can spare a couple of hours for you” she quipped playfully, offering him a small shrug.

Gerard offered her a small roll of his blue eyes before he pushed himself up to his feet. “Are you ready to get out of here?” he quipped, pulling his jacket around his shoulders.

“I think so” Nora replied, lightly smoothing out the front of her dress “How do I look?” she added, her blue eyes peeking up at him softly.

Gerard blinked a couple of times, slightly surprised by her question, before he tilted his head, allowing his eyes to look her up and down. Admiring her for a couple of seconds, he quirked a small smile before he lifted his stare, his blue eyes mirroring hers. “You look beautiful, Nora” he mused, his voice warm and sincere.

Nora noted the warm smile on his lips before she ducked her head, her cheeks tinting a soft shade of pink. “You think so?” she posed softly.

Gerard scoffed playfully before he shook his head. “You know I do” he quipped “I’ve told you enough” he added, a slight smile on his lips.

Nora’s already pink cheeks darkened a little before she quietly shook her head, something which made Gerard roll his eyes softly before he stepped towards her, offering a small hug before he stepped back, mumbling something about them getting moving before he offered his hand out towards her.

Nora eyed it for a couple of moments, hesitating slightly, before she placed her smaller hand into his. Gerard smiled a little at the small action before he gently wrapped his fingers around hers, offering her hand a light squeeze before he led her out of the house. Nora followed after him, her blue eyes settled on their hands, before she quietly shook her head, trying to swallow the small lump which had appeared in her throat.

~#~
Gently pulling her jacket a little more around her shoulders, Nora spared a small yawn into her hand, her blue eyes peeking out across the quiet garden. It had been a good night, the party that Andres had arranged for the team had been a lot of fun, and Nora had to admit that she was pleased that she had come along, even if she was feeling a little tired. She had enjoyed herself.

Tugging at the material of her jacket a little more, she attempted to pull it around her further before the sound of someone clearing their throat reached her ears, causing her to look up, her eyes settling on Gerard who stood in the door way, his own jacket offered out towards her. “Do you want this?” he posed, offering her a teasing grin.

Nora rolled her eyes softly before she reached out, taking the coat out of his hand before she wrapped it around her shoulders.

Gerard, who’d moved to settle down beside her, gently nudged her side. “You know that there is a party inside, right?” he posed with a small smile “What are you doing out here?” he added gently.

Nora shrugged. “It’s getting late” she commented “And, seeing as I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, I am feeling tired. I called a taxi a little while ago and came out here to wait for it. What are you doing out here?” she posed, a small yawn falling out of her mouth.

Gerard hesitated for a moment, not wanting to admit that he had come out to check on her, before he shook his head. “I just needed a little air” he noted gently.

Nora offered him a small look, wordlessly asking if he was sure, before she nodded her head, moving to rest it against his shoulder. Gerard smiled a little at the action and wrapped an arm around her waist, encouraging her to hug into his side slightly. Nora’s cheeks warmed a little at the small affectionate action, but she didn’t pull away, instead opting to cuddle into his side slightly, her eyes closing quietly. Gerard held her close for a couple of moments before he gently ducked down, pressing a soft kiss against the top of her head.

Nora, who’d been contently cuddled into his side, startled a little at the feel of the small kiss before she leant back slightly, her blue eyes mirroring his for a moment. Gerard held her stare, a small shy smile pulling at the corner of his mouth, before he carefully leant forwards, his forehead resting against hers as their noses brushed. Nora peeked up at him, her eyes searching his quietly for a few moments before she leant a little closer to him, her lips lightly brushing over his before the sound of the door closing behind them reached her ears, causing her to jerk back, her eyes looking up at Lionel who stood a little away from them, a sheepish expression on his face.

“Lo siento” Lionel murmured “But Nora, Antonella was looking for you. She wanted to say goodnight before you left” he added, briefly peeking towards Gerard.

Nora followed the line of his stare before she nodded her head, quickly pushing herself up to her feet. “I should go and say goodnight” she noted gently “Gerard…”

“Buenos noches, Nora” the defender interrupted, offering her a weak smile.

Nora spared him a gentle look, briefly contemplating staying, before she shook her head, moving to scurry into the house.

Gerard watched after her briefly before he shook his head, something which made Lionel sigh as he sat down beside him, his hand lightly hitting his shoulder. “I’m sorry” he noted gently “I didn’t know that you were out here with her. I’m sorry for…”

“It’s fine” Gerard interrupted.

Lionel shook his head. “Did you…?” he trailed off as Gerard offered him a small glare before he pushed himself to his feet, mumbling something about getting home. Lionel watched him step away from him before he shook his head, a small sigh falling out of his mouth. It wasn’t the first time, for a while, both Gerard and Nora had been skirting around the issue of their feelings towards one another, and Lionel doubted that it was going to change any time soon. He doubted that either one of them would work up the nerve to admit it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)