If You Love Me

Forty Eight: It’s Not My Fault If I Do

Gently tossing onto her side, Nora spared a soft yawn, her blue eyes settled on the sonogram picture which sat in her hand. It hadn’t been long, after she and Gerard had visited Lucia, they’d been quick to make their way back to her apartment, and with Gerard distracted by packing up her things so that he could move them into his home, she had opted to head to her bedroom, wanting to relax for a little while whilst the news that they were expecting a little girl settled in. It had been a surprise, since she had found that she was pregnant, Nora had had an inkling that they were expecting a little boy, but she was thrilled by the news that they were expecting a daughter, even if she would have been happy either way. She was already counting down the days until their little girl arrived.

Sparing another soft yawn, she admired the picture for a few more seconds before the sound of a light tap at the bedroom door reached her ears, causing her to turn over, her blue eyes landing on Gerard who stood in the door way. “Did you just knock?” she posed, a teasing smile on her lips.

Gerard, who’d stepped into the room, rolled his eyes. “I didn’t know if you were asleep” he defended “And I didn’t want to disturb you if you were. Excuse me for trying to be considerate” he added with a sarcastic smile.

Nora giggled softly before she shuffled over slightly, making room for him at her side. “Did you want something?” she asked.

Gerard sat down beside her before he shook his head. “I just wanted to let you know that your madre called” he noted “Apparently, she and Emmy are dying to find out what we’re having” he added, his eyes dropping down towards her bump as a small smile appeared on his face.

Nora followed his eye line briefly before she shook her head. “I am not surprised” she noted “I think the two of them have a bet going on” she added as she took a hold of his hand, gently placing it in its familiar position against her stomach. It was a habit of his, whenever they were alone, his hand seemed to find her bump, and Nora had to admit that she had grown used to it, even if she did want him to fuss a little less at times. She had grown to like his habit of resting a hand against her bump.

Gerard watched her settle his hand on her stomach before he shook his head. “A bet?” he posed.

“They bet on the sex” Nora noted “My madre was sure that she was getting a grandson and Emmy was pretty certain that it would be a girl” she added as her fingers traced shapes into the back of his hand.

Gerard watched her fingers quietly for a moment before he moved his spare hand, gently knotting their fingers together before he pulled her hand to his lips, allowing him to brush a light kiss against her fingers. “We’ll have to tell them and my parents about our little girl” he noted quietly, not wanting to disturb the comfortable quiet which had settled around them. It had been a little hectic, between his schedule with Barcelona, her work schedule and attempting to move in together, it had been a while since they’d had a quiet moment, and he was keen to make the most of it, even if Nora looked as though she could fall asleep at any moment. He was keen to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet with his girlfriend.

Nora, who’d moved to snuggle a little closer to her pillow, nodded tiredly. “We will” she agreed “But, I’d like to leave it for a couple of days. Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to tell them, but once we do…”

“They’re going to make a lot of fuss” Gerard finished for her.

Nora nodded. “My mother and sister will” she noted “And I want to put it off for a little while. Is that Ok with you?” she asked.

Gerard looked down at her before he nodded his head, offering her a soft smile. “I think I can keep it to myself for a little while” he noted “But, I am pretty excited, so if I do slip up, I can’t be blamed” he added as he brushed his thumb over her bump. It still felt slightly unfamiliar to him, the idea that he and Nora were only a few months away from welcoming their baby still felt a little surreal, but finding out that they were expecting a daughter had made it slightly more real, something which excited the defender, even if Nora’s pregnancy had come along earlier than they’d expected. He couldn’t wait to meet the little girl.

Nora giggled gently before she allowed another yawn to fall out of her mouth, causing Gerard to lean down, pressing a light kiss against her temple. “You should get some sleep” he mumbled “Our little princesa is clearly wearing you out” he added, brushing her bump once more.

Nora smiled sleepily at the feeling of his thumb against her stomach before she nodded her head, closing her eyes.

Gerard watched her for a moment, listening as her breathing evened out, before he ducked down, pressing another light kiss against her head. “Dulces sueños” he mumbled before he shuffled down the bed slightly, bunching Nora’s shirt up.

Offering a glance towards her sleeping face, he ensured that he’d not disturbed her before he turned his attention back towards her stomach, smiling a little at the sight of the bump that he’d revealed from underneath her shirt. “You know, me and your mama, we can’t wait to meet you. You were a surprise, little one, you really did catch me and your mama off guard, but both us are so happy that you’re on your way. We’re already counting down the days until you arrive” he whispered “We love you” he added before he leant forwards, pressing a soft kiss against Nora’s skin.

Nora stirred a little, but didn’t wake up, something which made Gerard smile softly before he lightly pulled her shirt back down. He knew that they still had a while to go, the baby wasn’t due for a few more months, but already he was counting down until her arrival. It was going to change things, with a newborn around, things between him and Nora were bound to change, but he was optimistic about them, even if he knew there’d be a couple of bumps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)