If You Love Me

Fifty: That Could Have Waited

“Are you sure that I can’t convince you to come with me?” Gerard posed as he stepped into the living room, his eyes settling on Nora who was sat on the couch, her laptop perched on her lap.

It had been a little while, after they’d shared the news that they were expecting a little girl with their families, a few weeks had passed, and with Barcelona due to travel to Madrid for the final of the Copa Del Rey, Gerard had spent a little while trying to change Nora’s mind about going with him, something he had been unable to achieve. He knew why she didn’t want go, with her pregnancy progressing, he knew that the long day would exhaust her, but still he wanted to try to convince her, even if she had insisted that she would watch the match on television. He wanted her with him should the result go Barcelona’s way.

Nora, who was focused on the screen of her laptop, shook her head slightly at his question before she lifted it, offering him a small smile. “We’ve talked about this” she pointed out playfully.

Gerard, who’d moved to sit down beside her, nodded. “I know we have” he noted “But you can’t blame me for trying. You know how much I like having you there” he added, offering her a small smile.

Nora nodded “I do know that” she confirmed “And once this little one has come along, I will make it up to you. I promise you” she insisted, gesturing down towards her bump. She felt bad, she knew that the cup final meant a lot to him, and she wanted to ensure that he knew that she intended to make it up to him, even if he had told her that he didn’t mind too much. She wanted to make it up to him.

Gerard offered her a small smile before he shook his head. “You don’t have to do that” he noted “I mean, you’re doing something pretty amazing for me right now. I think I can probably cut you a little slack” he added, playfully glancing down at her bump.

Nora rolled her eyes at his joke. “Don’t you have to be leaving soon?” she quipped teasingly.

Gerard scoffed before he shook his head. “I do” he noted “You’re sure about staying here?” he posed, pressing a brisk kiss against her bump.

“I’m sure” Nora replied “You’re sure that you don’t mind?” she posed, her expression softening slightly as she looked up at him.

Gerard smiled a little at the look on her face before he nodded his head. “I want you to be comfortable” he noted “And if that means skipping this, then so be it. I’m sure there will be another opportunity and next time, you and baby will come” he enthused warmly.

Nora spared him a soft look, wordlessly asking once more if he was sure, before she nodded her head, offering him a light smile. “I’ll watch it” she insisted “And I will see you when you get back. Good luck tonight, mi amor” she fussed before she leant up, pecking his lips briefly.

Gerard smiled into the kiss, holding her close for a couple of seconds longer than she had been expecting, before he pulled away from her, moving to press a couple of brief kisses against her bump. Smoothing out her shirt, he offered her a boyish smile before he pushed himself up to his feet, mumbling a soft goodbye as he stole another kiss before he ducked out of the room, something which made Nora giggle softly.

It was still a work in progress, despite all of her stuff having been moved into his place, the idea that they were living together was still something that she was getting used to, but she had to admit that she was happy with how things were working out, even if she had had a few reservations about making another step forwards in their relationship. She was more than happy with how things seemed to be going.

~#~
Ensuring that he had locked the door behind him, Gerard moved to toe off his shoes, a little relieved to be home. It had been a good night, after disappointments in the league and Champions League, the cup final win had been a good way to end the season, and whilst the celebrations had been slightly subdued, he was happy with the result.

Making sure that he’d not left any of his stuff in the way of the door, he quietly made his way up the stairs before he ducked into his bedroom, his eyes immediately settling on Nora who was contently snoozing against her pillow, something which made him grin softly. Watching her sleep for a second, he shook his head before he moved to step further into the room, only to hit his knee against the dresser. “Mierda” he cursed.

“Gerard?”

Gerard, who’d moved to roll up his trousers to inspect his knee, startled slightly at the sound of Nora’s voice before he lifted his head, offering her a slightly sheepish smile. “I’m sorry” he noted “You were sleeping. I didn’t mean to wake you” he added.

Nora, who’d moved to sit up a little, shook her head. “It’s OK” she noted “I was kind of waiting for you anyway” she added, sparing a soft yawn into her hand.

“You were?” Gerard posed, sitting down on the side of the bed.

Nora nodded. “I wanted to say congratulations” she mused.

Gerard spared a soft laugh before shook his head. “That could have easily waited until the morning” he teased warmly.

Nora offered him a small glare, something which made him chuckle before he leant towards her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. “Gracias” he mused, brushing a couple of hairs that had fallen out of her ponytail off of her cheek.

Nora leant into his touch, enjoying the light feeling of his fingers against her skin, before she pulled away from him, pushing herself up to her feet.

Gerard watched her pad across the room before he tilted his head. “Nora?” he noted “Nena, what are you doing? Come back to bed” he quipped with a laugh.

Nora, who’d moved to pull something out of a drawer, shook her head a little before she stepped back towards him, a piece of paper held in her hand. “I was thinking” she mused “Your season with Barcelona is over now and I know you’ve got a couple of matches to play with Spain in a couple of weeks…”

“Do you want to get to the point, Nora?” Gerard interrupted with a smile, cutting off her rambling “I mean, I’d like to get some sleep at some point tonight” he teased.

Nora shook her head before she stuck her hand out, offering the piece of paper out towards him. “You’ve been pretty amazing recently” she noted “And I figured, that with bump due towards the end of August, that we’re not going to get much more of an opportunity to head away together, just the two of us, so I sort of booked us a vacation” she babbled, her fingers messing with the ends of her hair.

Gerard, who’d taken the paper out of her hand, tilted his head. “You did?” he posed.

Nora quirked a sheepish smile before she nodded. “I found a nice place in Italy” she confirmed “And I figured it would be good. We can call it a babymoon and you can call it my first anniversary present to you, seeing as you’re away in America with Barca on our anniversary” she added, scanning his face for a reaction.

Gerard was quiet for a moment, processing her words, before he shook his head. “Nora…”

“I can cancel it” Nora interrupted shyly “If you don’t like it, I can change it. I just…I thought it was a pretty good idea” she babbled, her cheeks tinting a soft shade of pink.

Gerard admired the shy look on her face before he pushed himself up to his feet, his hands lightly cupping her cheeks.

“Gerard…” Nora’s words faded away as he leant down, kissing her softly, catching her by surprised. Letting out a soft squeak, she stumbled slightly before she wrapped her arms around his neck, steadying herself before she pulled away from him, lightly brushing their noses together. “What was that for?” she murmured.

“Two reasons” Gerard quipped “One, when you’re nervous, you talk too much and I can’t shut you up. Two, it was my way of saying that what you did, it’s wonderful, Nora” he insisted.

Nora tilted her head. “You think so?” she asked “Because if you’re just saying that…”

“I’m not” Gerard interrupted “I think it’s a brilliant idea” he added, offering her a soft smile.

Nora studied his smile, wordlessly asking him if he was sure, something which made him chuckle softly before he ducked down, pressing another kiss against her lips. “Don’t worry so much” he mumbled between soft kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)