If You Love Me

Fifty One: Let Me Hear It

Pushing her sunglasses up at the bridge of her nose, Nora shifted a little in her seat, her eyes settled on the book which sat in her hand as the morning sun warmed her skin. It had been a quiet morning, with her having been woken by a small few small cramps, she had found herself awake a little earlier than she would have liked, but rather than heading back to bed, she had opted to enjoy the early sunshine, something she had enjoyed, even if she was still a little tired. She had enjoyed the quiet morning to herself.

Turning the page over in her book, she stretched her legs out slightly before she felt the weight of the sun lounger shift, causing her to lift her head. “You’re finally awake” she teased, not missing the sleepy expression on Gerard’s face “I thought you were going to waste the whole day asleep” she added, prodding his side with her foot.

Gerard offered her a sleepy look before he shook his head. “I am on vacation” he quipped “How long’ve you been awake?” he added, sparing a small yawn into his hand.

Nora smiled a little before she shrugged. “A couple of hours” she noted “I woke up because of a few cramps and I figured I could sit out here for a while before you woke up and came up with something for us to do today” she explained.

Gerard tilted his head, his expression softening slightly. “Are you alright?” he posed, his stare drifting towards her bump which was exposed by the bikini that she wore.

Nora smiled at the concern in his voice before she nodded her head. “I am fine” she insisted “I get uncomfortable from time to time, but that’s to be expected. We’re pretty close to her coming along” she added, lightly brushing her hand over her bump.

Gerard, who was watching the movements of her hand, quirked a soft smile before he leant down, pressing a soft kiss against her skin. “I can’t wait to meet her” he murmured.

Nora, who’d flicked her attention back towards her book, nodded. “I know you can’t” she quipped “I mean, whenever bump comes up in conversation, your face lights up. It’s pretty adorable” she fussed, brushing her fingers through his hair softly.

Gerard smiled a little at her compliment before he shuffled up the lounger slightly, his eyes settling on the book which sat in her hand. “You’re looking at baby names?” he posed, breaking the comfortable quiet which had settled over them. It had been a good few days, with the two of them having flown out to Italy on vacation, they’d had a few days to relax and enjoy being alone together, and Gerard had to admit that he liked the idea of having Nora to himself for a while, something he knew wouldn’t last long once the baby had arrived.

Nora, who’d been quietly reading, nodded. “I am” she noted “I mean, we’re going to need one pretty soon” she added teasingly.

Gerard offered her a playful glare before he rested his head back against the sun lounger. “Have you come up with anything yet?” he asked, placing the pair of sunglasses which were attached to the collar of his t-shirt over his eyes.

“I’ve come up with a few” Nora replied.

“Do you want to share them?” Gerard quipped, offering her a slightly teasing smile “I mean, she is part me, after all” he added, tapping her bump lightly.

Nora shook her head, mumbling something about him being an idiot under her breath, before she moved to slip a piece of paper out of the book. “I’ve got a few names that I like” she noted “But if you don’t like them, we can think of something else. We have still got time” she insisted, a shy expression on her face.

Gerard admired the soft look on her face before he shifted his hand, moving to squeeze hers which fiddled shyly with the ends of her blonde hair. “Let me hear them, nena” he mused warmly.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little before she nodded her head. “I like the idea of giving her my mother’s name as a middle name” she explained “And for her first name, I like Alba, Viola, Elsa, Ariella or Piper, but if you have other ideas, it’s alright. We’ve still got some time to figure it out” she added, playing with his fingers shyly.

Gerard watched the movement of her fingers for a moment, allowing her suggestions to hang in the air around them, before he gently squeezed her hand. “Alba” he murmured quietly.

Nora startled slightly at the sound of his voice before lifted her head. “Huh?” she breathed.

Gerard chuckled softly before he shook his head, pressing a soft kiss against her forehead. “I like the name Alba” he noted “And I think it works pretty well with your madre’s name as a middle name. I kind of like the sound of Alba Maria Piqué Hernandez” he mused, his fingers lightly tucking her hair behind her ear.

“You do?” Nora posed, nibbling on her lip.

Gerard nodded. “I do” he noted with a soft smile.

Nora admired his smile before she gently took a hold of his hand, moving to settle it against her bump. “Did we just chose a name for baba?” she asked, her voice caught between curious and teasing.

Gerard laughed softly before he nodded his head. “I think we did” he noted “I mean, we’ve still got some time to change it if we want to, but I am pretty happy with it” he enthused. He knew that they still had a little time, Nora’s due date was still a few weeks away from them, but he was pleased that they were making progress, even if things weren’t entirely in place for the little girl’s arrival. He was looking forwards to preparing for the moment that the little girl put in her first appearance.

“I like it” Nora mused “Our little girl, Alba” she added, lightly brushing her hand over his.

Gerard watched the movement of her hand, quietly mouthing the name to himself, before he quirked a small smile, his blue eyes settling on Nora who had closed her eyes. Admiring her quietly, he lightly brushed his thumb against her bump before he ducked forwards, lightly kissing her forehead. He knew that it was still early days, he and Nora had yet to celebrate their first anniversary, but already a small part of him was thinking ahead, even if he knew that Nora wouldn’t be ready for a while, a small part of him couldn’t resist letting his thoughts wander slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)