If You Love Me

Sixty: Time For You

Adjusting the tie which sat around his neck, Gerard spared a glance towards the mirror, ensuring that it was straight in his reflection. It had been a few weeks, after he and Nora had discussed the possibility of an engagement, a little over a month had passed, and with him having played a match earlier in the day, he had asked Nora if she wanted to go out for the night, something the blonde had been quick to agree to. They hadn’t been out in a while, between his schedule with Barcelona and Alba’s arrival, opportunities for a night to themselves had been few and far between, but with his mother and father more than happy to keep an eye on the little girl, he had been quick to make a few plans.

Straightening his tie slightly, he offered his reflection another quick glance before he moved to collect his jacket, wrapping it around his shoulders as he made his way down the stairs, ducking into the living room where his mother sat, fussing over Alba who sat in her arms, blinking sleepily. “Madre?” he posed quietly.

Montserrat, who was focused on the baby, lifted her head. “Are you nearly ready to go?” she asked.

“I think so” Gerard replied “I mean, I am still waiting on Nora, but I think we should be on our way out soon. Are you sure that you and padre don’t mind keeping an eye on Alba?” he posed as he settled down into the seat at his mother’s side, his fingers lightly straightening the dark hair which sat on the top of Alba’s head.

Montserrat watched him interact with Alba for a moment before she shook her head, a motherly smile on her face. “Of course we don’t” she mused “We’re more than happy to look after her. Besides, it’s been a pretty busy few weeks and you and Nora deserve a night to yourselves” she added.

Gerard offered her an uncertain look, something which made the older woman smile gently before she lifted her hand, patting his cheek softly. “Stop looking so worried” she noted “Me and your padre will be fine with Alba, and if we’re not, we’ll call you, but don’t waste the whole night fretting. You and Nora need to take a night to yourselves” she insisted warmly.

She could see that he was a little nervous, since she had arrived at his home, he had looked slightly apprehensive about the idea of leaving Alba, but she wanted to encourage him to go. It was something that they needed, Gerard and Nora needed a night where they could be a couple rather than new parents, and Montserrat wanted to encourage them to take it, even if it was only likely to be a couple of hours. She knew that taking a little time for just the two of them would do them good.

Gerard spared her another look, briefly contemplating arguing with her, before the sound of heels in the hallway reached his ears, causing him to shift his attention towards the door, his blue eyes widening a fraction at the sight of Nora who stood there, carefully adjusting a few of her blonde curls. “Are we ready to get moving?” she posed.

Gerard, who’d been admiring her, startled at the sound of her voice before he nodded. “I think so” he noted “You look beautiful, Nora” he breathed, a grin on his face.

Nora, who’d moved to wrap her jacket around her shoulders, quirked a shy smile in thanks before she stepped passed him, moving to press a soft kiss against the top of Alba’s head as she mumbled a soft goodnight.

Gerard watched her say goodnight to Alba before he picked his head up, meeting the stare of his mother who flashed him an encouraging grin, something which caused him to nod his head. He knew what his mother was getting at, since Alba had arrived, both he and Nora hadn’t been overly focused on their relationship, and he knew that his mother was slightly worried, even if he was certain that things between him and Nora were good, he knew that it wouldn’t hurt to take a night to themselves.

~#~
“Are you checking your phone?”

Gerard, who’d been glancing down at the phone which sat in his hand, startled a little at the sound of Nora’s voice before he lifted his head, shaking it slightly as he spotted the impish smile on her lips. It had been a good night, after they’d enjoyed dinner, they’d headed to a small bar for a quick drink, and Gerard was enjoying himself, even if a small part of him had been a little preoccupied with his phone. He had enjoyed the night that he and Nora had had.

“I was just checking the time” he replied “Besides, I thought you were in the bathroom” he added, flashing her a small smile.

Nora, who’d moved to sit down beside him, shook her head. “You know that she’s fine, right?” she posed “If there was anything wrong, your parents would call. Stop worrying so much” she teased, sipping on her glass of orange juice.

Gerard shook his head. “Lo siento” he mumbled, resting his head against hers.

Nora let out a small laugh before she tilted her head up, pecking his lips. “You don’t have to apologize” she noted “If anything, I find your worrying pretty cute” she added, brushing her fingers through his hair.

Gerard leant into her touch slightly, enjoying the feeling of her fingers brushing through his hair, before he lifted his hand, capturing hers. “You want to get out of here?” he posed, brushing a soft kiss over her fingers.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little before she offered him a small smile, something which made Gerard chuckle before he knotted their fingers together, gently pulling her up to her feet. Nora followed his movements easily before she pushed herself up onto her toes, pressing a light kiss against his cheek which made his smile widen a little. It hadn’t been long, he and Nora had only been out for a couple of hours, but he was glad that they’d done it.

~#~
“Alba’s sleeping”

Nora, who’d been quietly running a brush through her blonde hair, jumped at the sound of Gerard’s voice before she turned around, looking towards where he stood in the door way. “She is?” she posed.

Gerard nodded. “My madre said that she gave them a bit of trouble, probably because they weren’t us” he noted “But she settled down eventually and she’s been asleep for a couple of hours or so” he added as he stepped a little further into the room, settling the baby monitor down onto the bedside table.

Nora, who’d pushed herself up to her feet, nodded. “Did you thank your parents for babysitting?” she posed as she reached over her shoulder, feeling aimlessly for the zip on her dress.

Gerard quirked a small amused grin before he stepped towards her, taking the zip in his fingers before he gently trailed it down her back. “I did” he confirmed “Madre told me to tell you that she’s more than happy to watch Alba whenever we want” he added before he leant forwards, gently pressing a couple of kisses to her neck and shoulders.

Nora let out a soft giggle, her skin tickled by his beard, before she peeked over her shoulder. “You know” she murmured “Alba’s nearly 7 weeks old” she added quietly.

Gerard nodded. “I know she is” he quipped, offering her a coy smile.

Nora rolled her eyes, mumbling a comment beneath her breath, before Gerard shifted his hand, cupping her cheek as he pulled her into a soft kiss. Nora let out a small squeak, surprised by the strength of the kiss, before she hooked her arms around his neck, holding him close as she kissed him back eagerly.

Gerard quirked a small smirk before he gently lowered his hands, settling them on Nora’s thighs before he lifted her legs, encouraging her to wrap them around his waist. Nora obliged, wrapping her legs around him, before he took a couple of steps, carefully settling her gently onto the mattress before he ducked back, offering her a soft smile. “I love you” he breathed.

Nora’s cheeks flushed a soft shade of pink before she returned his smile. “I love you too” she mused.

Gerard allowed the words to hang around them for a brief second before he leant down, kissing her strongly for a brief second before the sound of crying emanated away from the baby monitor, causing him to lean back slightly, an amused smile on his face. “Your turn or mine?” he mumbled, pecking Nora’s lips a couple of times.

Nora smiled before she lightly pushed him away. “Yours” she quipped.

Gerard nodded his head before he pushed himself to his feet. “I’ll be right back” he insisted before he ducked out of the room. Nora watched him out of the door before she shook her head, a small amused laugh falling out of her mouth as she mused wordlessly about how settled things seemed to be for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)