If You Love Me

Seventy Eight: If It Happens, It Happens

Gently pushing the door to the hotel suite closed, Gerard rested his head against it for a moment, a soft yawn tumbling out of his mouth. It was late, with Nora having been keen to relax and enjoy their wedding reception, their departure for the night had been postponed for a while, but Gerard was glad that they’d finally made it to their room, even if he had enjoyed the day. A small part of him couldn’t wait to settle down to sleep for the night.

Sparing another soft yawn, he closed his eyes for a couple of moments, before he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, something which caused him to let out a soft sigh. Shaking his head gently, he fished the phone out of his pocket before he unlocked it, smiling a little at the picture that Maria had sent to him. It was a cute one, Alba was settled against her grandmother’s shoulder, sleeping soundly, and Gerard couldn’t help but smile at it.

“What are you grinning at?”

Gerard, who’d been busy composing a reply to his mother-in-law’s message, startled a little at the sound of Nora’s voice before he lifted his head, offering her a small smile. “Your madre sent me a picture of Alba” he noted “I think it was her way of letting me know that she’s asleep” he added, offering his phone out towards her.

Nora admired the picture which filled the screen, before she quirked a small smile “I don’t blame her for being tired” she mused “It was a pretty long day for her” she added before she turned on her heel, making her way back towards the bedroom.

Gerard, who’d followed after her, rested against the door frame for a moment before he nodded. “Your madre was alright to take her for the night?” he posed, watching as Nora sat down at the foot of the bed, her fingers gently letting her blonde hair down.

Nora shrugged. “She made a point of suggesting that tonight would be the perfect opportunity to start thinking about giving Alba a little brother or sister, but she said that she was more than happy to watch her for tonight and that she didn’t mind when we got back to hers tomorrow, so that means that there’ll be no rush for us first thing in the morning” she explained, her fingers lightly brushing through her blonde hair.

Gerard watched her for a moment, admiring the nimble movements of her fingers, before he stepped towards her, settling down at her side. “Is that the worst idea in the world?” he posed quietly.

Nora tilted her head. “You’ve thought about it?” she posed.

Gerard offered her a boyish smile before he shrugged. “It’s crossed my mind” he noted “I mean, Alba will be one in a few weeks, and I think the timing is right, but if you want to wait, then that’s OK. We’re in no hurry” he insisted, his hand moving to offer hers a soft squeeze.

Nora glanced down towards their hands for a moment, smiling a little at the fit of their fingers, before she shook her head, her blue eyes peeking up towards him. “You really want another baby?” she posed.

Gerard nodded. “I’d love a son” he quipped “But if you want to put it off, its fine, Nora. I’ve already said it, we’re in no hurry right now, and we can take our time. We can enjoy being newlyweds” he fussed, pressing a soft kiss against her shoulder.

Nora leant into him slightly, smiling a little at the feel of his lips against her shoulder, before she closed her eyes. “We can try” she murmured “But I don’t want to put a lot of pressure on it. We’re newlyweds, and I want to let that feeling last for a while. What do you think?” she asked, her voice low and quiet. It had crossed her mind, the idea of a second baby had been a thought which had passed through her head more than once, but she didn’t want to put pressure on them, not so soon after they’d gotten married.

Gerard, who’d moved to rest his head against hers, allowed her words to hang around them for a moment before he ducked down, pressing another soft kiss against her shoulder. “If it happens, it happens” he mumbled.

Nora smiled a little at his words, nodding her head in agreement, before she turned around, pressing a brief kiss against his lips. “I love you” she fussed, lightly brushing her fingers tips back through his hair.

“I know you do” Gerard returned “I mean, I’ve lost count of the amount of times you’ve said it today” he added teasingly.

Nora, who’d moved to push herself up to her feet, rolled her eyes. “Are you saying that you want me to stop?” she posed, her hand playfully nudging his shoulder before she stepped away from him, moving to slip her feet out of the shoes that she still wore.

Gerard shook his head. “I kind of like hearing it” he noted.

Nora shook her head. “You’re an idiot” she quipped, a small giggle falling out of her mouth.

Gerard marveled at the soft sound for a moment before he pushed himself up to his feet, his fingers quickly finding the zip of Nora’s dress. Gently taking it between his fingers, he lowered it down her back before he leant forwards, pressing a soft kiss against the back of her neck. “I love you too” he mumbled against her skin.

Nora’s cheeks tinted a soft shade of pink, something which made Gerard smile softly before he carefully stepped ahead of her, his hand lightly cupping her cheek. “You know” he quipped, kissing her forehead gently “I’ve still got a surprise up my sleeve” he added, pressing a kiss against her nose.

Nora tilted her head. “You have?” she posed.

Gerard nodded. “It took a little planning” he noted “But I am not due back for pre-season training for another week, so I was thinking, maybe we could get out of here for a little while. I’ve already spoken to your madre, she’s more than happy to take Alba for a week, and that means, if you’d like to, we can get away” he explained, his fingers messing impishly with the ends of her hair.

Nora watched his playful movements for a brief moment before she shook her head. “Are you going to tell me where we’re going?” she posed.

Gerard shook his head. “Where’s the fun in that?” he quipped, a boyish grin on his face.

Nora rolled her eyes briefly before she moved to retort, something Gerard was quick to curtail, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. “Trust me” he mumbled between kisses “You’ll love it” he enthused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)