If You Love Me

Seventy Nine: I’m Just Saying

Stirring a little beneath the duvet, Nora allowed her eyes to flutter open, blinking a little at the amount of sunlight which filtered through the blinds. It was early, from one look around the room, Nora could tell that it was too soon for her to contemplate getting out of bed, and she was a little surprised to be awake so soon, even if it was a familiar habit of hers. She had been hoping to sleep in for a little while.

Allowing a soft yawn to fall out of her mouth, she lightly stretched her legs out before she felt the arm which sat around her waist flex, causing her to shake her head lightly. “I thought you were still sleeping” she mumbled, snuggling a little closer to her pillow.

Gerard, who was lying beside her, shrugged. “You woke me up when you started to move” he mumbled “And I thought I’d just remind you that you’ve got nowhere to be. We’re on our honeymoon, Nora, and that means we can lay here all day if that’s what you want to do” he added, lightly dusting the blonde hair off of her shoulders before he leant forwards, kissing the warm skin softly.

It wasn’t the first time, since they’d arrived in Maldives for their honeymoon a couple of days previous, Nora had woken herself up early on more than one occasion, and whilst Gerard knew that it was a habit, he wanted to encourage her to relax, wanting to make the most of the time that they had to themselves.

Nora, who’d closed her eyes, smiled a little at the feel of his lips against her skin before she shook her head. “It’s a habit” she noted “Normally, by now, we’re up with Alba and it’s a little strange to not be” she added.

Gerard nodded his head before he leant down, kissing her shoulder once more. “It is strange” he agreed “But it is also pretty nice to have you to myself for a while. Can you remember the last time that it was this quiet first thing in the morning?” he posed, scattering soft kisses over her shoulders.

Nora simply shook her head before a soft yawn fell out of her mouth, something which made Gerard chuckle before he leant over, placing a kiss on her cheek. “You should go back to sleep” he mused “I will get up, make us some breakfast, and then we can think about what we’re going to do with our day” he added.

Nora offered him a soft look, wordlessly asking if he minded, before she shook her head. “Gracias” she mused gently.

Gerard shook his head before he leant over, pressing a quick kiss against her lips. “It just means that you owe me one” he teased boyishly before he pushed himself up to his feet, quickly making his way out of the room.

Nora watched him out of the door for a second before she shook her head, an immovable grin perched on her lips. She felt relaxed, with the wedding out of the way, she felt calm and contented for the first time in a while, and she was determined to make the most it, even if it was only a temporary feeling. She wanted to enjoy the feeling for as long as it lasted.

~#~
“Are you going to put that thing down at some point?”

Nora, who’d been happily reading the book which was settled in her hands, rolled her eyes slightly at Gerard’s teasing comment before she lifted her head, offering him a small glare. It had been a quiet day, after they’d enjoyed breakfast together, Gerard had been quick to insist that they head to beach for a while, and Nora was pleased that he had suggested it. She had been itching to head to the beach since they had landed.

“I’ve not been reading it for that long” she pointed out.

Gerard, who’d moved to lay down on the towel at her side, snorted. “I don’t think I’ve seen you put it down since we got back from lunch” he quipped, a playful grin on his face.

Nora admired the smirk on his face for a moment before she shook her head. “Are you just trying to irk me?” she posed, her voice deliberately playful.

“I am pretty good at it” Gerard replied, placing his sunglasses over his eyes.

Nora let out a soft laugh before she closed her book. “What do you want to do now then?” she posed, placing the book back into the bag which sat beside her.

Gerard shrugged. “We could take a walk” he suggested “I mean, the sun is starting go down and it’s pretty romantic” he added, his hand lightly brushing against her back.

Nora, who’d moved to slip her feet into her sandals, smiled a little at the light feel of his hand against her back before she shook her head, peeking at him over her shoulder. “Are you going to be able to keep your hands to yourself at some point in the near future?” she asked teasingly.

Gerard offered her a sarcastic smile.

“I’m just saying” Nora quipped with an innocent smile, holding her hands up playfully “You’ve been pretty quick to keep putting your hands on me in the last few days” she added.

Gerard admired the look on her face for a moment before he shook his head, a laugh falling out of his mouth. “It’s still new” he noted “I’m still getting my head around the idea that we’re married, and for a little while, I am probably going to be pretty affectionate. Would you like me to stop?” he posed.

Nora, who’d moved to push herself up to her feet, shook her head. “I kind of like it” she noted softly.

Gerard looked up at her for a moment, his blue eyes admiring her briefly, before he gently pushed himself up, allowing him to steal a quick kiss. “Good” he noted before he leant down, moving to pack away their things.

Nora watched him for a moment before she took a pace towards him, her hand lightly settling on his arm, causing him to stop what he was doing and look up. Nora flashed him a quick smile before she leant into him, pressing her lips to his briefly. “I know I’ve said it a lot in the last few days” she mumbled “And I don’t want you to think that I am saying it too much...”

“I love you too, Nora” Gerard interrupted, offering her a soft smile.

Nora blinked a couple of times, slightly surprised by his interruption, before she ducked her head shyly, her cheeks a soft shade of pink.

Gerard grinned at the blush on her cheeks before he stepped towards her, knotting their fingers together. “Come on” he mumbled “We can take a quick walk and then we can head back” he added.

Nora nodded her head gently before she took a couple of steps, starting to walk up the beach. Gerard watched her briefly before he followed after her, hoping that the feeling of being newly married lasted for a while. He knew that it wouldn’t last forever, eventually, the bubble which had surrounded them since they’d said ‘I do’ was bound to burst, but he hoped that it didn’t for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Twisted;;Symphony for the comments :)