If You Love Me

Eighty: We Have To Get Back

Lightly tracing his finger over Nora’s bare shoulder, Gerard smiled to himself, his eyes marveling at her as she slept. It had been a few days, after they’d touched down in the Maldives, a little under a week had passed, and whilst most of Gerard was looking forwards to getting home, a small part of him was confident that he was going to miss the peace and quiet that he and Nora had enjoyed. It had a good few days, since they had arrived, things had been calm and relaxed, and Gerard had loved every moment of it, even if he had missed Alba. He had enjoyed the time that he and Nora had had to themselves.

Smiling to himself, he gently dragged his fingers over her skin for a moment before he leant forwards, placing a couple of quick kisses against her shoulder. “Nora” he murmured between kisses “Nena, we need to think about getting up” he added quietly.

Nora, who’d been contently sleeping, stirred a little at the sound of his voice before carefully tossed onto her back, her blue eyes peeking up at him sleepily. “Huh?” she breathed.

Gerard smiled before he gently reached his hand out, brushing a few loose blonde hairs off of her face. “We need to think about getting out of bed” he noted “We’ve still got some packing to do before our flight this afternoon and I figured, if we got up early enough, we could grab some breakfast” he added, tenderly tucking her hair behind her ear.

Nora smiled a little, slightly amused by the amorous action, before she shook her head. “We really have to go home?” she posed, her voice caught between sleepy and teasing.

She knew that they couldn’t avoid it, eventually, they had to get back to Alba and Gerard had to get back to training, but a small part of her was going to miss their vacation, even if she was itching to get back to their little girl. She had loved having Gerard to herself for a while.

Gerard, who’d moved to lean back against the headboard, quirked a small grin before he nodded. “I think so” he played along “I mean, Alba’s probably exhausted your madre and I am due back in training at the start of next week. I think we probably have to get back at some point, if we don’t, your madre will probably be on the next flight out” he teased.

“I wouldn’t put it past her” Nora quipped before she sat up, her fingers brushing through her hair.

Gerard watched her for a moment, his blue admiring her keenly before he shuffled a little closer to her, pressing a soft kiss against her shoulder.

Nora, who’d been trying to wake herself up, startled a little at the feel of the kiss before she turned her head, peeking at him over her shoulder. “What was that for?” she asked, her eyebrow lifted playfully.

Gerard shrugged. “I can’t just kiss you every now and again?” he retorted.

Nora rolled her eyes playfully, quipping a comment about him being strange beneath her breath, before she pushed herself up to her feet, moving to slip his shirt from the previous night around her shoulders.

Gerard sat on the edge of bed, watching her quietly for a moment before he reached his hand out, gently wrapping it around her wrist before he tugged her back towards him, something which made Nora giggle softly. “I thought you wanted to get breakfast?” she quipped.

“We’ve got time” Gerard replied “Besides, once we get home, it’s going to be pretty hectic. Can you blame me for wanting to enjoy our last few hours of peace and quiet?” he added, helping her to settle down on the bed at his side.

Nora shook her head. “It’s not going to be that bad” she mused, nudging his shoulder playfully “Besides, when we get home, we need to start thinking about what we’re going to do for Alba’s first birthday. It’s only a few weeks away now” she added, resting her head gently on his shoulder.

“It is” Gerard agreed “Can you quite believe that she’s almost one?” he asked softly.

Nora smiled a little at the soft tone of his voice before she shook her head. “It doesn’t seem like it was almost a year ago” she mused quietly, not wanting to disturb the calmness which had settled around them.

Gerard shook his head, wordlessly agreeing with her, before he pressed a soft kiss against the side of her head. “You know” he mumbled, breaking the silence which had settled around them “I am going to miss this” he added.

Nora lifted her head. “You’re not looking forwards to going home?” she posed.

Gerard shrugged. “Most of me is” he noted “I mean, I can’t wait to get back to Alba, and a part of me is looking forwards to getting back into the training ahead of the new season, but the last week...it’s been pretty great, and I am going to miss it. Aren’t you?” he posed, his blue eyes mirroring hers.

Nora held his stare for a moment before she leant into him, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. “Of course I am” she noted “I mean, you’re right, the last week’s been pretty amazing, but we have to get back. Besides, you said it yourself, if we don’t get home, my madre will be on the first flight out. I’ve only spoken to her a couple of times, but she insists that Alba is a force to be reckoned with. She’s running her ragged” she mused warmly as she brushed her fingers through his hair.

Gerard quirked a grin. “She clearly takes after her mama” he teased.

Nora scoffed a little at his comment before she playfully shoved his shoulder. “Because you’re so perfect” she quipped sarcastically.

Gerard simply offered her a nonchalant shrug, earning himself another playful shove. “Idiota” she quipped, a feigned pout on her face.

Gerard let out a soft laugh before he leant into her, pressing a soft kiss against her cheek. “I love you” he mumbled, his voice caught between sincere and teasing.

Nora offered him a small look before she shook her head, a wide smile splitting across her features.

Gerard admired her smile gently before he leant up, kissing her softly. He knew that things would change, once he and Nora had arrived home, their dynamic would change, but hoped that the change wasn’t too big.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Twisted;;Symphony for the comments :)