If You Love Me

Eighty One: Glad To Be Back

“Gerard?”

Gerard, who’d been contently sleeping, startled a little at the feel of a hand against his shoulder before he blinked his eyes open, peeking towards Nora who sat beside him, a slightly amused smile perched on her lips. It had been a long day, between packing and making it to the airport ahead of their flight home, he’d barely had a second to relax, and he had been keen to make the most of the opportunity when it had arisen, even if it had meant ignoring Nora for most of the flight, he had wanted to rest before they got home to Alba.

“Huh?” he spluttered.

Nora, who’d rested back into her seat, quirked a grin before she shook her head. “I thought I’d let you know that it’s time for you to stop snoring” she quipped teasingly “We’re due to land in about 10 minutes” she added.

Gerard, who’d moved to stretch his legs out ahead himself, quirked a small smile at her teasing before he shook his head, sparing a soft yawn into his hand. “Did you get any sleep?” he posed.

Nora nodded before she gently reached her hand up, lightly smoothing out a few of the wayward hairs on the top of his head. “I got a couple of hours” she confirmed “But when I woke up, you were out for the count and I didn’t want to disturb you. You’re pretty cute when you’re asleep” she added, offering him a softer smile.

Gerard admired her smile briefly before he returned it, something which made Nora lean over, sneaking a quick kiss. “You excited to be home?” she posed, leaning away from him.

Gerard shrugged. “I can’t wait to see Alba” he noted “And if we could do that without seeing your madre, that’d be great” he added, his voice teasing and warm.

Nora scoffed. “You’re going to see a lot of her” she countered “I mean, you’re family now. You’re never going to be able to get rid of her” she added, nudging his shoulder gently.

Gerard let out a soft laugh before he reached his hand up, knotting their fingers together before he carefully pulled her hand to his lips, allowing him to drop a soft kiss against her skin. “You’re excited to be back?” he asked.

Nora spared a soft look down towards their hands before she nodded her head. “Very much so” she noted “Don’t get me wrong, you’re pretty good company, but I am kind of looking forwards to seeing our little girl. It’s been too long” she added, her voice caught between soft and teasing.

Gerard smiled a little at her joke before he pressed another kiss against the back of her hand. “I am sure that she’ll be glad to see you” he mused “And if not, your madre will be pretty glad to see us” he added, squeezing her hand gently.

Nora laughed before she shook her head, mumbling something about her mother never wanting to babysit for them again.

~#~
“Are you sure that you don’t want me to help you?”

Gerard, who’d moved to lift the suitcases out of their taxi, lifted his head at the sound of Nora’s voice before he shook it, offering her a small smile. “I can handle it” he noted “Why don’t you head inside?” he asked. He could see that she was itching to get inside, since they’d touched down, she had been excited about the prospect of getting back to Alba, and he didn’t want to make her wait any longer. He knew just how excited she was to see their daughter.

Nora offered him a soft look, something which made him chuckle softly. “I promise you, I’ll be fine” he insisted “Get inside” he encouraged.

Nora spared him another brief glance before she nodded her head, padding towards the door. Slipping her key out of her pocket, she quickly placed it into the lock before she pushed the door in, allowing her to step inside before she quickly made her way towards the living room, her blue eyes settling on Alba who was sat on the floor, babbling happily to herself as she played with the toys which sat around her.

Nora, who’d paused in the doorway, quirked a small smile before she felt a hand settle on her shoulder, something which caused her to startle before she looked up, her blue eyes mirroring her mother’s. “I didn’t mean to scare you” Maria quipped “I just thought I’d come and say hola. I was just preparing Alba some lunch” she added.

Nora nodded her head gently before she turned, quickly pulling her mother into a light hug. “Hola, mama” she mumbled.

Maria hugged her tightly before she pulled back, gently nudging her over towards Alba. “You should go and say hola” she encouraged “I think someone is looking forwards to seeing her mama and papa” she added.

Nora smiled a little before she stepped away from her mother, quietly making her over towards Alba before she sat down, her hand gently settling on the little girl’s back. Alba, who’d been happily messing with her toys, shifted a little at the feel of the hand against her back before she looked up, a wide smile appearing on her lips. “Mama” she squeaked excitedly.

Nora marveled at the bright smile on the little girl’s face for a moment before she carefully leant towards her, wrapping her in a tight hug. “Hola, princesa” she fussed quietly.

Maria, who was stood in the doorway, smiled at the interaction before she spotted Gerard out of the corner of her eye, causing her to look up. “How was the honeymoon?” she posed.

Gerard, who’d been watching Alba and Nora, jumped slightly at the sound of his mother-in-law’s voice before he turned, offering her a small smile. “It was amazing” he enthused “How was Alba? She didn’t give you too much trouble, did she?” he posed warmly.

Maria shook her head. “She’s very much like her mother” she noted “She can be a little fussy, and a little stubborn when she wants to be, but all in all, she was wonderful. You and Nora made a very sweet little girl” she enthused kindly.

Gerard nodded his head. “We did” he agreed.

“And who knows?” Maria quipped “Maybe it won’t be too much longer before she’s a big sister” she added, a teasing smile on her lips.

Gerard breathed out a laugh. “Maybe” he quipped playfully before he excused himself, moving to step towards Nora who had Alba settled in her lap.

Maria watched him step across the room before she shook her head, smiling a little at the sight of them. Briefly, she contemplated disturbing the moment, before she shook her head, wordlessly leaving them to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony and FootieJo for the comments :)