If You Love Me

Eighty Four: I’ll Call You

Pulling the zip around on his bag, Gerard let out a soft sigh, slightly irked by how quickly Barcelona’s away match had rolled around. It had been a couple of days, after Nora had shared the news of her pregnancy with him, they had opted to take a couple of days to wrap their heads around the idea, but with Nora having been referred to a midwife by her doctor, she was due to visit the hospital that day, something Gerard was irked about missing.

He knew that it wasn’t the most important moment, with Nora likely to be in the early stages of her pregnancy, he knew that there were bigger moments to come, but still the idea of missing the visit to the midwife irked him, even if Nora had insisted that she would contact him as soon as she made it home. He was a little disappointed by the idea that he wouldn’t be with her.

Stepping around the bed, he moved to collect his phone which sat charging on the end table before the sound of Alba’s giggling reached his ears, causing him to lift his head, watching as she toddled into the room, Nora in close pursuit. Quirking a small smile, he watched the little girl pad around the room for a moment before he stepped towards her, lifting her easily up above his head. “What are you up to, eh?” he posed “Are you running your mama ragged?” he added as he tickled her side gently.

Alba let out a soft laugh before she ducked forwards, hiding her face against his shoulder. Gerard smiled at her shyness before he dipped down, pressing a soft kiss against her head before he looked up, offering Nora a small smile. “What are you doing up here?” he posed.

Nora, who’d moved to sit down on the bed, shrugged. “I figured I’d come and see if you were still pouting” she noted, offering him a small teasing smile.

Gerard, who’d moved to sit down beside her, scoffed. “I am not pouting” he countered “I’m just a little disappointed. I know that this is just the first of many visits to a doctor or midwife in the next few months, but I would still like to be there for it and I am a little disappointed that I won’t be” he explained.

Nora nodded her head softly before she reached her hand out, gently taking a hold of his. “I know that you are” she mused “And I am a little disappointed that you won’t be there either, but this is the earliest appointment that we could get and I want to make sure that things are ok sooner rather than later. You understand that, right?” she posed, messing with his fingers shyly.

Gerard watched the timid movements of her fingers for a couple of seconds before he nodded, offering her hand a light squeeze. “Of course” he noted “But you will call me as soon as you get home, right?” he bargained, offering her a small smile.

Nora returned his smile before she nodded. “Of course I will” she noted “You’ll only end up calling me if I don’t” she added with a playful roll of her eyes.

Gerard let out a soft laugh before the sound of his alarm filled the air, something which caused him to let out a soft sigh. “That’s my cue to get going” he noted, moving to settle Alba into Nora’s arms “I’ll hear from you later?” he posed, moving to lift his bag onto his shoulder.

Nora, who’d moved to try and settle a slightly fussy Alba, nodded. “Of course” she mused.

Gerard nodded his head gently before he stepped towards her, dropping a light kiss onto Alba’s head before he leant down, meeting Nora’s lips briefly. “I love you” he mumbled, sneaking another couple of quick kisses.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little at his words before she leant back, offering him a timid smile. “I love you too” she mused.

Gerard returned her smile lightly before he lightly brushed his hand over her stomach, something which made Nora shake her head gently before she nudged his shoulder, wordlessly encouraging him out of the door. Gerard flashed her another boyish grin before he stepped out of the room, already waiting on Nora’s call.

~#~
Twisting the wire of his headphones around his finger, Gerard spared a small glance down towards his phone, wordlessly willing it to ring. He knew that it would eventually, Nora tended to keep her promises to him, but still he was little irked by the waiting. He had been hoping that Nora’s call would arrive sooner rather than later. Sparing another glance down towards his phone, he briefly contemplated calling Nora, before he shook his head, dismissing the idea.

“Are you waiting on a call or something?”

Gerard, who’d been quietly staring at his phone, startled a little at the sound of Lionel’s voice before he lifted his head, offering the argentine a look. “Huh?” he posed.

Lionel, who’d moved to settle down on his own bed, shook his head. “I don’t think I’ve seen you look away from your phone since we arrived” he pointed out “Are you waiting on something?” he posed.

Gerard shook his head. “It’s just Nora” he noted “She said that she would call and I don’t want to miss it” he added, a faint smile on his lips.

Lionel lifted an eyebrow, not entirely convinced, before the sound of Gerard’s phone vibrating reached his ears, causing him to push himself up to his feet. “I’ll leave you to it” he excused himself.

Gerard watched him out of the room before he quickly moved to answer the video call, his eyes quickly settling on Nora’s face which filled the screen. “Hola, Nora” he greeted, his voice slightly eager.

Nora smiled a little, not missing the eagerness in his voice, before she shook her head. “You look excited” she quipped playfully.

Gerard offered her pointed look, something which Nora giggle softly before she gently reached up, tucking her blonde hair off of her face shyly. “How was your day?” she posed, biting her lip.

Gerard lifted an eyebrow. “Really?” he posed, his voice teasing and sarcastic.

Nora offered him a playful grin before she shook her head. “The midwife was very happy” she revealed “She said that my blood tests looked good, and that everything else seemed to be going well. She was seemed pretty impressed” she added, lightly twisting her blonde hair around her finger.

Gerard watched the movement of her finger, allowing her words to hang around them for a moment, before he quirked a grin. “The baby is OK?” he posed.

Nora nodded. “My midwife says that I am about 5 weeks gone” she noted “She’s already made us an appointment for my next checkup, and for the twelve week scan, but I have already checked. They don’t clash with anything else, meaning that, if you want to be, you can be there too” she enthused.

Gerard rolled his eyes. “I’d love nothing more, Nora. You know that” he pointed out.

Nora nodded. “I do know that” she mused “And I am sorry that you missed today, but, I do have something to show you” she added.

Gerard tilted his head. “You do?” he posed.

Nora nodded her head enthusiastically before she lifted her spare hand, showing off the ultrasound image that she held. Gerard grinned at the sight of the picture, admiring it quietly for a few seconds, before he shook his head. “You’re pregnant again” he breathed, spluttering out an awed laugh.

Nora beamed at the sound of his awed laugh before the sound of Alba’s voice filled the air, causing her to shake her head. “I think Alba is ready for her nap” she noted “Do you mind if I go and put her down?” she posed.

“Not at all” Gerard returned “We both know how grumpy she gets when she’s tired” he added.

Nora quirked a playful smile. “She inherited it from you” she pointed out.

Gerard rolled his eyes, something which made Nora laugh before she shook her head. “I should go” she quipped “I’ll call you back later?” she posed.

“I’d like that” Gerard mused “I’ve still got a little fussing I want to do” he added.

Nora rolled her eyes, mumbling a comment beneath her breath, before she offered him another soft smile. “I love you” she enthused “And I will talk to you soon” she added before she hung up the phone.

Gerard stared at the blank screen for a moment before he moved to settle the phone down on the end table, a familiar grin stretched across his face. He knew that they had a while to wait, with Nora only five weeks into her pregnancy, they still had months until the baby arrived, but already he was excited. He couldn’t wait to meet the new addition.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony for the comment :)