If You Love Me

Eighty Five: We Do Have A Reason

“Have I mentioned that I like that shirt on you?”

Nora, who was attempting to place a pair of shoes onto Alba’s feet, rolled her eyes slightly at the sound of Gerard’s voice before she lifted her head, offering him a playful glare over her shoulder. “I thought you had already left” she mused, her voice warm and playful.

It had been a few weeks, after Nora had visited her midwife for the first time, a couple of months had passed, with her having past the twelve week mark of her pregnancy, they were preparing to share the news with their families, something which Gerard, in particular, was looking forwards to, even if he knew that it would lead to more fussing from their families, he was keen to let them in on their little secret.

Gerard shrugged. “I was on my way out” he noted “But I figured I could drop in here and ask if you were still sure about coming tonight, something I can guess, from your outfit, that you are” he teased, his blue eyes looking her up and down.

Nora shook her head lightly before she gently reached her hand up, shyly tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. “It’s a little loose on me” she mused “And I thought it would be perfect to wear tonight. It covers my little bump pretty well, but if you think I should change...”

“You look beautiful, Nora” Gerard interrupted “I mean, you normally do, but in Barca colours? That’s something else” he added, his voice reassuring and warm.

Nora shook her head before she spluttered out a bashful laugh, something which made Gerard’s smile widen a fraction before he stepped towards her, placing a kiss against her head. “I think you look great” he mused “But if you’re not so sure, then you don’t have to come tonight. I will call everyone and reschedule if that’s what you want to do” he offered gently, his fingers lightly brushing over her stomach.

He knew that she was a little shy, since the small bump had started to grow on her stomach, she had been a little more self-conscious than usual, and he wanted to offer her an out, even if he was looking forwards to sharing the news of her pregnancy with their families. He didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable.

Nora, who’d been watching his fingers pass over her stomach, mulled his offer over for a moment before she shook her head. “I don’t want you to do that” she noted “I’m sort of looking forward to going tonight and I don’t want to back out. It’s been a while since I went to one of your games and I’d like to go. Besides, if I don’t show up, my madre will only show up here and ask questions” she added, playfully rolling her eyes.

Gerard chuckled, nodding his head in agreement, before he leant down, pressing another soft kiss against her head. “I’ll see you after the game?” he posed as he leant back, his blue eyes mirroring hers.

Nora scoffed. “You’d better” she joked “You’re not getting out of dinner with your parents and in-laws that easy” she added.

Gerard, who’d moved to say goodbye to Alba, rolled his eyes playfully before he leant into her, kissing her lips swiftly. “Adios, Nora” he mused before he ducked down, pressing a soft kiss against her stomach. “Adios, baby” he added before he pushed himself up, moving to pad out of the room.

Nora watched him go briefly before she gently brushed a hand over her stomach. “Your papa’s pretty cute, isn’t he?” she fussed quietly.

~#~
“I am sorry that I am late”

Nora, who’d been perusing the menu which sat in her hand, startled a little at the sound of Gerard’s voice before she tilted her head back, allowing him to greet her with a swift kiss. It had been a good afternoon, with Barcelona having beaten Alaves earlier in the day, the mood amongst their families had been good, and it pleased Nora, even if she was confident that people would be thrilled by the news that she was pregnant, she was buoyed by the fact that everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

“You’re not that late” she quipped “We’ve not even ordered yet” she added, nudging out the seat beside her.

Gerard nodded his head before he moved to sit down, quickly pulling the menu into his hand. “How did Alba enjoy the game?” he posed, sparing a glance across the table towards Maria who had Alba sat in her lap.

Maria, who’d been fussing over her youngest granddaughter, lifted her head, offering the defender a small smile. “She had a great time” she enthused “I mean, she did get a little tearful when the first goal when in, but she got used to it, much like her mama did. Nora had a great time” she insisted, offering an impish smile towards her daughter.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little before she shook her head. “I wasn’t that bad” she retorted.

Montserrat, who was sat beside her daughter-in-law, shook her head. “It was sweet” she mused “She was pretty impressed with you and your team, Gerard” she added.

Gerard smiled at his mother’s words before he turned his head, offering Nora a teasing look which caused her to roll her eyes. Offering her a small smile, he moved to take a hold of her hand, squeezing it gently.

Emilia, who was sat a little away from her sister, watched the two of them interact for a moment before she shook her head. “This isn’t what you invited us all here for, is it?” she posed, her voice warm and teasing “I mean, you’re cute, but we do all have other places we could be” she quipped jokingly.

Nora, who’d been happily messing with Gerard’s hand, startled a little at the sound of her sister’s voice before she lifted her head, shaking it slightly. “We do have a reason for inviting you all here” she noted.

“You do?” Maria posed.

Nora nodded gently before she lifted her eyes, sharing a look with Gerard who smiled down at her briefly before he moved to pull his wallet out of his pocket. “I am not sure how much of a surprise this will be” he noted, moving to pull something out of his wallet “But, with everything looking good, we figured that we’d share the news with you. Nora’s pregnant” he revealed with a grin.

Maria blinked a couple of times, trying to wrap her head around the words, before she quirked a grin, her eyes tearing up slightly. “You’re going to have another baby?” she breathed.

Nora nodded. “I had my twelve week scan a few days ago” she confirmed “And my midwife seemed happy, so we thought it was time to share the news” she added as she took the sonogram picture out of Gerard’s hand and moved to place it into her mother’s. Maria took the picture quickly before she moved to show it off to Emilia and Montserrat who had been quick to gather around her seat.

Nora watched them for a moment before she felt an arm around her shoulder, something which caused her to look up, her blue eyes mirroring Gerard’s. “I think they’re probably glad that they came now” she mused.

Gerard smiled a little at her joke before he offered her shoulder a light squeeze, something which made Nora lean into him slightly, glad that their announcement had gotten the reaction that it had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony for the comment :)