If You Love Me

Ninety One: Try Not To Fuss

Shifting her weight slightly, Nora quirked a soft frown, her hand gently rubbing soothing circles into her bump. It wasn’t the first one that she had felt, since she had woken up the morning, the small nagging pains had come and gone more than once, but still she didn’t want attract attention towards them, even if she knew what they were, she didn’t want people to start fussing before it was necessary.

It had caught her slightly off guard, with her due date still a little over a week away, she had been slightly surprised that her contractions had started so soon, but she was sure that they still had a while to go until the baby arrived, even if he was on his way, she was sure that it would be a while before she was holding him for the first time.

Gently tracing circles into the material of her shirt, she squeezed her eyes closed for a second before the sound of footsteps heading towards the bedroom filled her ears, causing her to look up, watching as Gerard stepped into the room. “You’re still awake” he quipped “I thought you came up here to get an early night?” he posed, offering her a small confused look.

“I did” Nora confirmed “But I’ve not quite been able to fall asleep yet. What are you doing up here?” she asked, gently twisting her blonde hair around her finger.

Gerard, who’d stepped around towards his bedside cabinet, lifted his hand, showing off the tablet that he had picked up. “I was looking for this” he quipped “I thought that I had probably left it up here. But don’t worry, I don’t plan on disturbing you any further. You can get some sleep” he added, flashing her a boyish smile.

Nora smiled a little at his teasing before she shook her head, her hand subtly rubbing against her stomach. “I don’t know that that is going to happen any time soon” she noted.

Gerard, who’d moved to make his way back towards the door, frowned a little at her words before he turned around, offering her a slightly confused look. “You OK?” he posed.

Nora offered him a soft look before she quirked a faint smile. “I don’t want you to freak out” she mused playfully “I mean, I’ve got a feeling that we’re going to be at this for a while, so I don’t want you to get too excited, but I think...I know that I’ve been having contractions for most of the day” she explained, her blue eyes shining warmly. She knew that he was looking forwards to it, whenever the baby came up in conversation, his face tended to light up, and she wanted to share it with him, even if she was confident that they still had a while to go. She wanted to let him know that their little boy was on his way.

Gerard blinked a couple of times. “Contractions?” he stumbled out “You...You think he’s coming?” he posed.

Nora smiled, not missing the surprise in his voice, before she nodded. “The contractions are still a good distance apart, at least twelve minutes, and my waters are still very much intact, but I think our little boy is getting ready to say hola” she explained.

Gerard stared at her for a moment, trying to wrap his head around her words, before he shook his head. “I should call your sister” he mumbled “I’ll ask her and Mateo to come over and keep an eye on Alba. We’ve already packed the bags, haven’t we?” he fussed.

Nora rolled her eyes, slightly amused by his fussing, before she nodded. “We packed them a couple of days ago” she noted “But I don’t think we’re in a hurry. My contractions are still a distance apart, Gerard. We’ve got time” she insisted warmly.

Gerard offered her a look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, something which made Nora roll her eyes before she reached her hand out, gently taking his before she offered him a light pull, tugging him into the spot beside her. “You can relax for a little while, amor” she fussed “I have a feeling that we’re going to be waiting for a while” she added.

Gerard frowned down at her, briefly contemplating arguing with her, before Nora cuddled into him slightly, something which made him shake his head before he leant down, tenderly kissing the top of her head. “You’ll tell me when we need to get moving?” he posed quietly, lightly dusting a couple of kiss down the side of her face.

Nora smiled at the feel of his lips against her face before she nodded her head. “Of course I will” she noted “But for now, try not to fuss” she added impishly.

Gerard scoffed. “How are you so calm?” he pressed.

Nora tilted her head, peeking up at him. “You’d rather I was panicking?” she posed, her voice bright and teasing.

Gerard merely offered her a glare, something which made her giggle before she leant up, sneaking a quick kiss before she leant against him, happily cuddling into his body. Gerard smiled a little at her actions before he moved his arm, softly wrapping it around her. He knew that they still had a while to go, Nora had made it clear that her contractions were still a while apart, but already he was counting the minutes. He couldn’t wait to meet their little boy.

~#~
Running a hand back through her hair, Nora spared a soft yawn, her hand feeling blindly for the light switch which sat on the bathroom wall. It was early, when she had last looked at the clock, it had been a little past three in the morning, but with her contractions having started to get a little closer together, she hadn’t had much of an opportunity to sleep. She had tried, with Gerard intent on sitting with her, she had tried for a while to fall asleep, but it hadn’t been forthcoming, something which left her more than slightly frustrated and tired.

Sliding her hand over the wall, she located the light switch before she flicked the light on, blinking slightly in the brightness. Pausing for a moment, she allowed her eyes to adjust to the bright light before she padded over towards the sink, turning the tap on. Allowing the water to run for a moment, she dipped her hand underneath it before she lifted it up, splashing a little cool water over her face before she felt a sudden gushing sensation pass over her legs.

Letting out a soft squeak, she spared a soft glance down towards the front of her pajama shorts before she carefully lifted her feet, shaking a little of the fluid off of them.

“Nora?”

Nora, who’d been focused on drying her feet, startled a little at the sound of Gerard’s voice before she lifted her head, watching as he padded into the bathroom, a sleepy expression perched on his features. “Are you Ok in here?” he posed, stifling a yawn into his hand.

Nora offered him a soft look before she shook her head. “Not really” she breathed “My...My waters just broke” she added.

Gerard, who’d been attempting to wake himself up slightly, stilled at her words before he lifted his head, his blue eyes wide. “Huh?” he spluttered.

“My waters broke” Nora repeated, a weak smile on her face.

Gerard blinked a couple of times, allowing her words to settle in, before he nodded. “Ok” he breathed, trying to calm himself down “We...uh...we’ll have to take Alba with us, at least until I can contact your sister. I’ve already put the bags in the car, I did that last night, but we will still have to get dressed. Can you do that yourself or do you need me to help you?” he asked, his words rushed and slightly flustered.

Nora stifled a giggle, slightly amused by how flustered he appeared, before she nodded. “I can probably handle it” she replied.

Gerard nodded. “I will get changed and get Alba” he noted “I’ll meet you down stairs in five minutes?” he asked.

“That sounds good” Nora replied gently.

Gerard nodded his head once more and moved to step out of the room, only to feel a hand on his wrist, something which caused him to look up, his blue eyes settling on Nora who stared back at him, her blue eyes slightly tearful. “I know I was calm earlier” she babbled “But is it Ok that I am a little scared now?” she posed, her voice caught between teasing and shaking.

Gerard paused for a moment, allowing her words to hang around them, before he stepped towards her, pulling her into a soft hug. “Of course it is” he murmured “It’s a pretty big deal, and you’re allowed to be scared, but I promise you, it’s going to be fine. In just a little while, we’ll have our baby boy, Nora” he insisted as he leant back slightly, brushing her blonde hair off of her face.

Nora spared him another tearful look, something which caused him to duck forwards and press a soft kiss against her head before he offered her a soft nudge, wordlessly insisting that they had to get moving. Nora hesitated briefly before she stepped out of the room, something Gerard was quick to mimic, hoping that it wouldn’t be too much longer before their little boy arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)