If You Love Me

Ninety Seven: You’re Pretty Sweet

Lightly smoothing out the tufts of blonde hair which sat on Rafael’s head, Nora smiled to herself, her blue eyes settled on the little boy who laid in his crib, snoozing quietly. It had been a long day, after she and Gerard had gotten home with Rafael, the house had been full of visitors all wanting an opportunity to meet the little boy, and whilst she was thrilled that everyone was so excited about the new arrival, she was glad of a couple of minutes of quiet, even if she was confident that it wouldn’t last long. She was glad of a couple of seconds to herself.

Combing her fingers through Rafael’s hair, she rested her head against the crib for a couple of moments before the sound of a light tap at the door filled the air, causing her to let out a small laugh before she looked up, her stare settling on Gerard who stood in the doorway. “I thought you were downstairs hosting?” she quipped.

“I was” Gerard noted “But after you bought him up here, people didn’t really stick around. It turns out, they weren’t that interested in spending time with me, even despite my winning personality” he teased warmly.

Nora simply spared a small laugh, something which made Gerard smile a little before he stepped a little further into the room, sitting down at her side. “Alba is asleep” he noted “I mean, she put up a bit of a fight, I think she wanted to spend some more time with her new favourite brother, but she’s settled down. Has he been asleep for long?” he posed, sparing a small look towards Rafael as his arm wrapped around Nora’s waist.

Nora smiled a little at the feel of his arm before she leant back, allowing him to cuddle her close. “He’s been asleep for about ten minutes” she noted “But I don’t think it will be too much longer before he stirs. He’s in need for a feed in the near future” she added, stifling a yawn into her hand.

Gerard smiled at the sound of her yawn before he carefully dipped his head, pressing a soft kiss against the back of her neck. “You still tired?” he mumbled against her skin.

“What gave it away?” Nora quipped sarcastically.

Gerard smiled against her skin. “I was just was asking” he quipped, poking her side playfully.

Nora let out a small giggle before she shook her head, moving to cuddle into his side gently. “I could do with an early night” she murmured “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved today, but I am supposed to be taking it easy” she added, gesturing down towards her stomach.

Gerard followed the line of her stare before he carefully pulled back slightly, his fingers lightly brushing the material of her shirt away from her stomach. “How are you feeling?” he posed quietly.

Nora, who’d been watching his movements, shrugged. “I’m OK” she noted “I mean, it’s a bit uncomfortable, but it’ll go soon enough” she added.

Gerard nodded gently before he carefully shifted his thumb, tenderly brushing it over the plaster which covered her scar. “Thank you” he murmured.

Nora watched the movement of his thumb for a second before she tilted her head. “Thank you?” she posed, a small amused grin on her face.

“For falling pregnant again” Gerard mused with a small impish laugh “For carrying him around for 9 months and for being so brave when Rachel suggested the surgery. You were amazing, Nora, and I am so proud of you” he added, lightly brushing his thumb over the plaster.

Nora’s cheeks warmed a little at his words before she shook her head, her hand gently moving to take a hold of his. “Gracias” she murmured, messing with his fingers happily as another soft yawn fell out of her mouth.

Gerard watched the small movements of her hand for a moment before he carefully lifted it up, allowing him to press a soft kiss against the back of her hand. “You should get some rest” he mused “If the last couple of nights are anything to go by, Rafa’s not going to take it easy on us and you should get some sleep before he starts to wake up” he added.

“What about his feed?” Nora countered.

“You made a bottle up” Gerard pointed out “And that means that I can handle it whilst you get some sleep. You look like you could use it” he quipped impishly.

Nora scoffed. “Every girl loves to hear that” she countered, offering him a feigned glare.

Gerard flashed her another impish smile before he leant over, pressing a quick kiss against her lips. “You still look beautiful” he mused “You always do” he added, his voice softening a little.

Nora cheeks turned a soft shade of pink before she shook her head, offering him a timid smile. “You’re pretty sweet” she quipped.

Gerard offered her a small smile before he tightened his grip around her, hugging her tentatively before he pushed himself up to his feet. “Get some sleep, Nora” he noted “I’ll see you in a while when Rafa wakes up” he added.

Nora looked up at him, briefly contemplating arguing with him, before a small yawn fell out of her mouth, something which made Gerard chuckle. “Sleep” he encouraged.

Nora hesitated briefly before she shuffled up towards the head of the bed, curling up against her pillow. “Wake me up in a couple of hours” she noted “I’d like to get changed, but I can’t be bothered to do it now. Can you remember to do that?” she asked, her voice caught between curious and teasing.

Gerard rolled his eyes playfully before he nodded his head. “I am sure that I can handle that” he quipped before he moved to pad out of the room, only to stop, alerted by the feel of Nora’s hand on his arm. Quirking a small smile, he turned around and lifted his eyebrow. “Something else?” he posed.

Nora stared up at him for a second before she quirked a soft smile, something which made his stomach flip. It wasn’t the first time that he had seen it, the soft smile on Nora’s face was one that he had seen more times than he could count, but he knew that he loved it. It was the smile that she had reserved especially for him. “I just wanted to say that I love you” she mused.

Gerard allowed her words to hang around them for a moment before he took a pace towards the bed, gently pulling her into a soft kiss that Nora didn’t hesitate to return, her fingers lightly brushing through his hair. Smiling into the kiss, he held her close for couple of seconds before he ducked back, resting his forehead happily on hers. “I love you too” he noted “Now get some sleep” he added, carefully nudging her back towards her pillow.

Nora let out a small giggle before she curled up against the pillow, something which made Gerard smile gently before he padded out of the room, more than happy to be home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)