Status: On going (awaiting comments)

Love in a Time of War

Chapter 2- A Little Taste of Chaos

I arrived at catering with Dean but within seconds he'd left my side, disappeared into the mass of people.
I grabbed a small amount of food before aimlessly looking for a empty seat.
"Hey sky, over here." Dean called from across the room, waving in my direction. He was sat at a table in the corner, he was joined by Seth, Roman and a blonde guy I was yet to have met. It just so happened the only seat available was next to said blonde. I stood awkwardly near the empty chair.
"Take a seat Hun, I don't bite, unless you're into that" The blonde laughed.
"Stop flirting Ziggeler" Roman chuckled from across the table.
"I'm Dolph by the way" The blonde grinned extending his hand for me to shake.
"Skyler" I smiled weakly.
"Sky here's the newest member of the shield" Dean said his mouth full with food.
"Dean there's a lady present, didn't your parents ever teach you any manners...' Seth spat '... Oh yeah I forgot, they were never around enough to." Seth laughed
"Fuck you" Dean bit back shooting Seth a glare across the table.
"Such a potty mouth Dean your mother would be disgusted." Seth laughed again.
"That's it" Dean yelled standing up and lunging for Seth. Without second thought I jumped between them.
"Woah you two" I said gently placing my hands on Deans chest, I could feel his chest rise and fall beneath my touch as his breathed in deeply.
"Sorry" Dean whispered before leaving.

"The hell Seth, you should know better than to wind him up like that, you never know what he might do." Roman interjected from his seat shooting Seth a stern glare.
"Yeah but where's the fun in that." Seth cackled
"Not cool Seth, not cool, total dick move." I added before heading after Dean.

I ran down the hall in hope to catch Dean, I saw him round a corner so I picked up a sprint.
"Dean" I called, he stopped turning to face me.
"I'm sorry Sky" Dean sighed.
"Don't be." I smiled placing my hand on his arm.
"I haven't made a brilliant first impression have I, sorry" Dean said sadly looking at the floor.
"Stop apologising Dean, and as first impressions go, I think you're great" I reassured.
"Thank you Sky." Dean smiled weakly.
" You don't need to thank me." I grinned.
"It's nice to know someone actually cares about me for once." Dean sighed.
"That's what friends are for right" I smiled.
"So where friends?" Dean asked.
"If you'll have me" I replied letting out a small nervous giggle.
" It would be an honour to have you as my best friend sky, thank you." He smirked wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest, he was very tense.
"Your tense." I asked quietly looking into his blue eyes which were still clouded in hurt and anger.
"Seth just really knows how to push my buttons and it just really eats at me sometimes." He sighed sadly but keeping the closeness between us his grip on my tightening slightly like I meant something to him and he was scared to let me go just in case I disappeared.
"Don't worry about him, he means no harm he's just being childish cos he's bored." I laughed, my first impression of Seth hadn't been the best, yes he was attractive very much so but under the good looks he seemed a bit of an arsehole.
"Thanks Sky, look I've got a few things to do before our match but I'll see you in a bit okay." Dean smiled finally letting me go and heading down the corridor.

I let a small sigh escape my lips, I felt the want and need to protect and care for my new friends I'd made today but I also had a feeling it wouldn't be easy.
"Skyler" Romans voice interrupted my wandering thoughts, he walked down the hall Seth following closely behind him.
I shot a glare in Seth's direction.
"What the hell were you thinking huh?" I yelled pushing his shoulders against the wall standing in front of him so he couldn't move anywhere my hands pressing tightly on his arms.
"Sorry I wasn't thinking." Seth said wriggling his hands free from my tight grasp and holding them up in defence.
"You're a dick!" I spat letting him go before walking off.
"Skyler hang on." Roman called following after me.
"What!" I snapped.
"Whoa, calm down hun." Roman smiled placing his large hands gently on my shoulders.
"It just makes me angry, your nothing but nice to someone, bending over backwards to help them and yet they still treat you like crap." I said angrily.
" I know Sky, we all do but seth's sorry he meant it to be a joke that backfired and as soon as we see Dean backstage he's going to apologise right Seth?" Roman shot a glare Seth's way.
"Fine." Seth mumbled as we headed to the stalls to make our entrance.

"About time you lot" Dean beamed as we entered it was nice to see his mood had changed.
"Seth has something he needs to say to you, right Seth?" I remarked
"Sorry for what I said before, I didn't mean any hard feelings by it, it was meant to be a joke, sorry if it upset you." Seth mumbled. Dean shot him a small smile and nod as to show Seth all was okay now.
" 5 minutes" A tech engineer told us.
"Places guys." Roman smiled clenching his hand into a fist in front of him, Dean and Seth joined him as I looked on.
" Come on Sky your part of the team now." Dean said looking at me with a warm comforting smile. I stepped forward joining them.
"All for one and one for all, Shield" Seth yelled as we split into our places by the doors, it was Seth and Roman on one side, Dean and I on the other.
" Don't be nervous Sky, there gonna love you." Dean reassured from in front of me, all the boys were gonna go first and unveil me as the new member as I jumped the barrier.

We made our way through the crowd and they went crazy.
"Oh my god, it's Skyler Rose they've been hinting at her coming here for weeks and she's here and she's with a the shield now there really a force to be reckoned with with her on there side, she's one of the best young talents out there!" On of the commentators announced.
I stood on top of the barrier taking it all in, they loved me, the WWE universe accepted me. I jumped off the barrier doing the splits in the air as I did and the crowd loved it. This was it I was sold, I'd made the right choice, I was finally here.
♠ ♠ ♠
An:::
Hello all,
I'm back with another chapter I know I promised it a long time ago but it's finally here my life's been a massive ball of stress of late and it's  been hard to get time to write, but anyway for any of you Dean Ambrose fangirls like myself I've started a new Dean fic called all I've lost, I warn you now it's gonna be sad and pretty hard to write but I'm hoping it will be really good, so go check out the first chapter which is up already.
Sky's shield gear:

https://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=6469673&.svc=copypaste&id=208866116

Leave feed back please
Love and rockets
Kay
Xx