Moonlight Wrath

1/1

I looked down at the dying bodies of my wife and child. Anger pulsing through me as my eyes connected to the sterling silver knife protruding from my lover’s once beating heart. Hunters. Hunters are the ones that took them from me and now I must take something from them. I felt the familiar change ripple through my skin as I returned to my beastly form and ran from within my destroyed home. I knew exactly where I was going and what I was going to do when I get there.
I followed the familiar scent until I got to a peaceful white townhouse with a perfect white picket fence. I lept over the fence easily and made my way to the doggy door the unsuspecting couple installed for their cat. I am much larger than their little orange tomcat which made it a tighter fit, but doable nonetheless. Anger still within my veins I crept up the steps to the second story where a light feminine snoring could be heard from one of the rooms on the left. There was my target, sleeping without a care in the world, but I was about to give them a care. I was about to destroy the life of the person that destroyed mine and I didn't have a fuck to give. At least, not anymore.

Her door was open as I approached it allowing me to slip inside. I jumped on top of her as I neared her bed and watched her eyes open in terror. I didn't hesitate to lower my jaw and clamp it tightly around her throat, I don't plan on killing her, no I plan to do much worse. I tasted iron as I bit down and allowed my saliva to penetrate the wounds; in less than three hours this woman would join the life of a nightcreature. I chuckled darkly as I jumped off of her and walked towards her daughter’s room. Her door was also open as the nightlight from the hallway flooded her peaceful face. I growled in anger as I approached the girl and pulled off her blanket with my bloodied canines. I climbed onto her bed slower than I had her mother's and stood over her. I clamped my jaw around her throat and in one swift movement crushed her throat. She took one strangled gasp before lying still.

I returned to my human state, piercing yellow eyes scanning the room, and stuck my fingers into the little girl's blood. I wrote on the wall ‘Do not take what you cannot give’ and stepped out of the little girl's bedroom. When the adoring husband comes home from killing more of my kind he will be faced with an interesting decision: kill his wife or hide her. I've turned her into the very creature he has dedicated his life to killing, he’s failed to save her in her most desperate time of need, and I will enjoy watching him break down when he comes home. All I had to do was wait.

It was around hour five when he finally walked through the door. His wife had awoken two hours previously and I broke his web of lies as I told her his real job; his job of murdering others who pose no threat to humans. I told her everything that he had been hiding from her over the years and while she hadn't believed me at first, her mind slowly began piecing it all together and she could no longer deny I spoke the truth. Now I hid in the shadows as he came up the stairs, covered in the blood of my kind, and walked into his bathroom. I waited as he showered before walking over to his wife, he leaned down to kiss her only to be face-to-face with piercing yellow eyes. She turned on a lamp and sat up as he fell to his knees looking up at her.

“No, no, no, no!” He yelled as he gripped his hair in anguish.

“This is all your fault Mitchell,” His wife said as she approached him holding a gun.

“I-I wanted to protect you!” He yelled back as he got up and started backing away. He ran from the room to his daughter's room where a bloodcurdling scream rang throughout the house. He must’ve found my parting gift.

I walked from the darkness and we walked towards the child’s room. His sobbing got louder and louder as we approached the room. I walked in first and flicked on the light with a smirk gracing my lips. He looked up at me and the color visibly drained from his face. His last piece of hope seemed to drain as soon as his wife walked up to me and linked her arm with mine. She hid the pain from the death of her child well as she stared at him; anger clouding her eyes. I took the gun from her hand as I unlinked our arms and walked over to the once proud hunter.

“Jaiden please!” He begged as I walked closer and closer.

I held up one finger to my lips, “shhh, you're going to wake your little girl,” I said with a maniacal grin.

I placed the gun in his hand and forced it up to his mouth as he continued his begging. I was getting annoyed as I knelt down to look him in the eyes.

“You should know by now that the wrath of a scorned alpha is merciless,” I growled as I started squeezing his hand.

BANG!

His body slumped back slowly as I stood back up. I smirked, “oops,” I said with a chuckle. I walked back over to his now widowed wife and grinned as I looked over my shoulder.

“Thank you for the beautiful new beta,” I said as we walked from the room and shut the door. I shivered as the familiar ripple took over my body and I returned once again to my beastly state.

Goodnight, big brother.