Comna Sword

EP 2 THE DEPARTURE!

With the new queen of Medria, Medly, announcing war between the countries of Medria and Comna Sword, the council elected to send out their four students to observe the new queen. Just setting out on a cargo ship our heroes wait for their time to finally start their mission.
Egg sits in a cargo hole with Midna, Dylon, and Adam. Midna quietly reads a book; Adam plays a card game by himself and Dylon is puking in a bucket. “Make the rocking stop” he slurs out.
“Are you ok?” ask Egg.
“Peachy” Dylon responds sarcastically.
Midna sighs, and she closes her book moving towards Dylon. She starts writing on his back with her finger. Once, she is done Dylon’s back glows showing the word “healthy” in cursive. She claps and says “set!” the words disappear into Dylon’s back, and Dylon stops throwing up into the bucket. “There you go.”
“What did you do?” Dylon asks as he turns to thank her. “Thank you, girly.”
“I'm not girly” she hits Dylon with her book.
“Ow!” he rubs his head “I’m sorry. Damn at least tell me whatcha did.”
Midna sighs again as she holds her hand up and she points “It's my script power” her finger starts to glow, and she starts writing in the air. “I can create anything using words I write,” she writes the word fire in the air “Set! Now the words will create fire”. The words in the air still hang in the air.
Egg reached for the glowing word “I don't think it worked” As he touches it and the words burn his finger. The word vanishes and Egg sucked on his finger. “That hurt.”
“It works better when I write it on something. Then, I can change what I wrote on and make it whatever I want.”
“Like how you stopped my seasickness.” Dylon jumps in the conversation “You're a badass!”
She blushes “N-no! There just words, shut up!” She returns to her chair and opens her book.
“Alright, alright!” Dylon looks at Egg “What can you do?”
Egg responds “Well, I can make electricity"
“Ah shit man, that’s awesome!” Dylon seems overly excited “Later, you’re going to have to show us.”
“I will.” Egg gets closer to the group. “What can you do?”
“I’m glad, you asked!” Dylon jumps to his feet “Now that I’m not dying from the rocking boat; I can show you!” Dylon holds his right palm face up. “This may gross you out but don’t be scared. I can control it”. A ball starts protruding out of his palm and disconnects from his hand. He holds the ball firmly. Egg backs away startled. The ball starts cracking and a large bee-like creature, the size of a house cat, pops out and flies around Dylon. “This is my power! I can create demonic bugs from my body”. Dylon pets the bee “I call this one scouter bee! It’s basically just a big bee that can find things for me. He is very friendly!”
Midna speaks in a shaky voice “That's… um …. interesting… and a bit creepy too”.
“Well, I think it's cool,” Dylon says to himself. Dylon looks over at Adam “What about you, bro? What's your power?” Adam looks up from his game; giving Dylon an uninterested scowl.
“He talks, right?” Egg asks
Adam responds “Yes, I talk.”
"Well, why don’t cha share with us?” exclaims Dylon
Adam rubs the bridge of his nose and responds softly “I create explosions. By changing an object's chemical makeup to make it an explosive.”
“Oh my god” Dylon’s and Egg’s eyes sparkle “So cool!” they say together!
Midna closes the book “Wait.” this alerts Dylon and Egg. “You can change anything to an explosive?”
“Almost. Things like my sword or these cards can’t.”
“Why not?” Egg asks curiously.
“Mily blessed them. They are a part of me.”
“I have no idea what you mean by that.” Dylon says “Then again, I’m sure there is a good reason. OH! Hey, let’s play a game with those cards to pass the time.” Adam glares but gives in and hands the cards to Dylon.
As our heroes play their card game, the ship’s crew sail around Medria’s coastline.
“Captain! There is a man off starboard!” called the helmsman
Standing on a lone rock in the middle of the sea, stood a man. He was not hard to miss. The man was clothed in a jester-like suit carrying a long double-bladed sword strapped to his back. His face was painted in light blue and purple. He licked his lips and spoke, “This must be the shipment, Queen Medly told me about.”
Moments before the council made their decision to send their students to investigate what was happening in Medria. Queen Medly, alongside her loyal mage, Black and her jester knight, Multi, planned to start her game. Medly smirked and laid out a map. “I used to adore the game, Battleship. I love the idea of my enemies sinking!”
“My queen, what is it that you are planning?” questioned Black.
She leered at Black for interrupting her “Never interrupt me again!” She starts drawing on the map “Every month, Comna Sword sends a cargo ship to Brendmore. Multi, I’m tasking you with taking it down.”
Multi cracked a smile and bowed deeply “As you wish my queen.”
Multi stands on the lone rock in the water. “Now open!” he yells, and the air begins to tear open. A purple void cracks open and water shoots out of it along with a giant squid-like creature. “Now minion. Attack!”
The creature dashed toward the ship and hit it head on. The ship rumbled from the hit and the screams and the yells from the sailors jumping into action to protect the ship. Our heroes rush upstairs to see what caused the commotion. The squid curled its tentacles around the ship and started crushing it while attacking whoever was left on it with its barbed tentacles.
“Let’s go!” Dylon yelled as the four of them sprang into action. Dylon rushed to crew members and started to give them orders to protect the rigging and pry the tentacles off the ship. Midna rushes to the center mast. She scribes “chain” around the mast and sets it. The words around the mast begin to glow and become a long chain which she uses to pull any sailors up out of the water. Adam pulls out his sword; he rushed to the first tentacle. He hacked through the tentacle in one quick motion. The beast lets out a scream of pain. The mutilated appendage shudders, and splits into two.
“I’ll have this over with in no time!” Egg yells as his gloves begin to glow. Egg was just about to blast lightning at the head of the squid, but Dylon stopped him. Egg, Stop!”
“What are you doing?” Dylon retorts “Water conducts electricity! If you use your power, you might hurt the sailors still in the water!”
“Oh… I… I’m” Egg cannot find the words to say.
“Egg, it's ok.” Dylon places his hand on Egg’s shoulder giving him a smile. “Go below deck and make sure that the damage to the ship isn’t too bad.” Egg nods.
Dylon steps away from Egg, making three balls out of his palms. He throws the balls straight up into the air. The balls break into dragonfly-like creatures. “Dragonfly form!” Dylon arches his back, and dragonfly-like wings rip through his shirt. He hovers into the air with the wings “I’ll explain this later, just move!”
Egg rushes down the ladder into the ship’s underbelly. The ship’s boards had started to crack letting water slowly pour in. Egg sees a man under some boxes and hurries to pull him out. “I got you; I got you!” Egg pulls him out. As he gets the man out from under the box, a sting of pain erupted from his back. He falls to his knee as he lets out a scream. Egg looks over his shoulder to find the Queen’s jester licking his lips “Well look what I found” the jester smirks “A poor little guppy lost his way.”
As Adam, Midna and Dylon face off against the squid monster. Egg is left alone only to come face to face with The Jester-Knight, Multi! What will our heroes do to stop them? Find out next time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Follow the whole story at sites.google.com/view/comnasword/home