Status: Update when I can. Please leave comments it brings me inspiration.

I Didn't Want to Let You Go

What Happened?

Becky was in foster care. She wasn't unwanted. She wasn't unloved. She was very much wanted and loved by most of her family, but she was removed from her family's home for her mental well being. Social services became aware of the family when Becky was 10 years old and she made an allegation of sexual abuse against her brother Ryan, when her allegations were proved to be true by DNA, he was charged and her family never got over it. Her siblings divided into two, her elder siblings Ingrid and Johnny all believed her while her elder sister Jade and her twin brother Ricky refused to accept what Ryan had done. Her father didn't know how to cope and her step mother refused to believe her son would do that, while she never said it aloud, everyone knew she didn't believe Becky.

The trial was especially hard for the family, it was stressful and the whole family fought, everyone wanted their say and Becky was in the middle with everyone whispering in her ear, she pulled out of testifying on the third day after the defence made her cry, Ryan still received 3 years in prison and was registered on the sex offenders list. He was given a further 4 years when three more girls came forward with allegations and had their own days in court. Ryan never had any visits from any of his family apart from his mother.

The family struggled for two years and spiralled out of control, Becky especially declined. She became withdrawn, skipped school and had mood swings. Social services had so many complaints from teachers and neighbours that they made the decision to remove Becky after several failed interventions. The whole family fought the decision but it was for the best.

Becky was placed with a family out of state, specialist carers who had older children who were all in university, biological, adopted and fostered. They managed Becky's behaviour, she received emergency counselling and was put on medications for depression and anxiety.

Becky had contact for the first three months with her family, but eventually they stopped coming, it was a three hour drive to where Becky was placed and an extra 30 minutes to the supervised contact centre. The whole family was exhausted and they wanted the nightmare to be over, 2 years and 8 months after his step son Ryan was charged, Zachary Baker signed away his parental rights to his youngest daughter, placing her in the states care. She wasn't unwanted and she wasn't unloved, he very much loved his daughter and he was doing what was right for her...Well that's what he told himself.

The court case came and went, there wasn't much to say, the family wasn't fighting for the child and social services had no intention of telling them they were wrong, everyone involved believed this was the right decision. Zacky sat on the bench with Matt and Brian, his palms sweaty and his heart racing. He didn't know why, he wasn't fighting there decision, but in his head he was waiting for someone to turn to him and call him a bad father, start shouting and screaming, but it never happened.

The foster family were well known and were willing to take Becky on as a long term placement. It was an easy case. Becky wasn't present, her social work Sid Phelps represented her and told the court her wishes, even though Zacky was the one to break the visitation contract, it upset him to hear that Becky didn't wish to hear from them. On top of the care order, a no contact order was put into place in the wishes of the child, but the judge allowed Zacky and the family to receive updates every three months and a photo, as long as they stuck to the care and contact order. The orders would be reviewed every six months at the LAC meetings and Zacky would be given a copy of the notes, social services had given their opinion that it would be best if the biological parents was not present, to prevent upset between the parents and the foster carers.

That was it. There was nothing left to say. Court was adjourned and social services officials were shaking hands and saying a job well done. Zacky left the court with Brian and Matt, paperwork clutched in his hands. Brian and Matt were silent, what could they say, there was nothing to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? I don't know why this came to my head or why I wrote it. This is kind of like an update just to inform you to the part of where the real story starts. If you want me to o a flashback chapter to a point of where Becky still lives with the family just let me know. I'm open to all ideas. Im writing the next chapter now so it should be up in a few days. Please comment. :D