The Abduction

2.

When Bri woke up in the morning she noticed things were a lot quieter than usual, she didn't smell breakfast cooking, and she didn't hear the TV playing CNN like she'd hear every morning, oh how her mom was such a news junkie. She was confused as to why she wasn't woken up by her mother like she was every morning, or maybe her mother was just so mad that she was late that she wanted to give Bri the cold shoulder. She rolled her eyes, knowing how dramatic her mother was.

She sat down on her bed and opened up her laptop to see her schedule. It was just how she hoped it'd be, 7:30 - 10:00 P.M, like she had asked for. She needed nights so she could find work during the day. It was what she had been planning on doing since before she had moved to New York. She leaned her head back against her pillow and looked up at her curtains blowing in the wind from her leaving her window wide open, the wind gave her chills, she loved the cool breeze more than anything.
She went about her day pretending what happened yesterday didn't happen, she didn't want to worry anymore and thought it was just a big misunderstanding and maybe he was just going in her direction as well, not really following her, she let out a big sigh of relief from her assumptions and headed outside to get some breakfast from the café her and Zoey had went to the previous day.
Outside wasn't as crowded as it was yesterday, the streets were still being walked on by many pedestrians, but none looked quite as in a hurry as yesterday's fiasco. She started walking across the street, looking down at the road and not paying attention to the people surrounding her, and managed to make it across this time without almost getting ran over, she looked behind her for a moment and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. As much as she was trying to get over it, a little part of her was still on guard.

She sat outside and was handed a menu immediately, and didn't think twice before opening it, she was starving and wanted to eat and leave as quickly as possible. She took out her cellphone and looked at it, nothing from her mother. She didn't want to assume anything bad had happened, but it wasn't like her mother not to answer her calls or texts, even if she was mad. Brianna didn't want to think about the negatives, she was on track to a great successful life and that was all she wanted to think about.
As she ordered, she saw a bunch of college kids going to their day classes, laughing and smiling. She couldn't wait for that to be her, making new friends and going on long college adventures, maybe meeting a cute boy.. Or girl. Nothing could keep her from fulfilling her dreams, nothing at all. She was going to do whatever she had to do to prove to her family she wasn't a failure.

"Hi can I get you a drink to start off with?" A cute male waiter with bright blue hair walked up to her with a notepad in hand ready to take her order whenever she was ready.

"Yeah and I'm ready to order as well. I'll take a strawberry crème frappe and French toast with extra strawberries on top please, thanks." She smiled, handing him the menu as he hurried to write down her order.

"Okay, beautiful it'll be out shortly." He walked away, winking at her as he headed back inside. She ignored him, no matter how cute he was, she had more important things to worry about than searching for boys at the moment, maybe when she was settled in college she'd worry, but not now.

DING

"Shit!" She jumped up, forgetting her phone was in her back pocket, she quickly took it out, hoping it was her mother, but instead it was Zoey.

"Hey love, hope you're okay, did he leave you alone finally, or is still stalking you? maybe he just like you ahah, xxox kidding."

Brianna rolled her eyes, not responding to the text right away, she wanted it to be her mom, now all she could think about was if something bad had happened to her, she looked over across the street at her little apartment and hoped she'd return home soon. She didn't want to go out on a search party, but knew her mother could take care of herself and could get herself out of any situation she was in.
She ate in peace, and for once felt a sense of serenity since leaving Florida. It was torture for her there, she needed an escape. She grew up not having much. She was in a drugged out family, her father acted like he never loved her, was never there for her, and was in an out of jail since even before she was born, but it seemed to get worse after she was born. Her mom could never settle down and find a decent guy and kept moving on to different men every month until eventually she gave up and stopped dating completely, and it was her mother who always wanted the best for Brianna. She was always told by her other family members that she'd never make it in the world and wouldn't go places in life because she was lazy and didn't care about anything, it was Brianna's right and duty to prove everyone wrong, especially her father.
After she graduated high school she had a long talk with her mother about moving out of state to start a new life, it was hard for her mother though. Her mother has two other children she left in Florida, but needed a new life just as much as Brianna did, so she could get out of her bad habits and maybe find a decent job in the city as well. Brianna was so proud of her, it was their time to shine, she looked up colleges and jobs and got on as soon as she landed. She was already one step ahead of her father, who never got anywhere in life yet had the audacity to judge Brianna's life.

She finished up her food and frappe, tipping the cute waiter who watched her leave, as she sped off down the street to a nearby park, kids played on the playground while their parents watched by sitting on the benches or chasing after the bratty ones who didn't want to leave. At one point in her life she was so introverted, someone who'd never leave, since moving to New York however, she felt so free and new, she loved seeing a lot of people interacting with one another, she didn't feel so shy anymore.

She sat down and took out a textbook from her bag and started reading it. It was all about computers and how to fix them and adding software, one of the classes she'd be taking. Nothing screamed fun than taking a whole hour class full of computers and software. She had read one page and was already bored, but knew it was only just one part of the big picture, she knew she couldn't be lazy, and the park was a perfect place to relax and read without being disturbed, weirdly enough.

It had started getting pretty late by the time she decided to go home, she hadn't realized she was out the whole day and forgot to see if her mother had returned home. She looked back to see her apartment, hoping her mother was inside, slammed her textbook shut and took out her cellphone. No texts, no calls. Still on text message Zoey had sent earlier. She really planned on responding, but it slipped her mind. She remembered it was her first night of her classes, she looked at the time.

6:30 P.M

"Fuck!" She whispered to herself, she threw her book in her bag and ran to her apartment. There was no traffic, no people walking down the street, at this point it looked like a ghost town, that's usually how it was at this time, people worked late and the younger adults were going to class, like Bri should have been doing.
She ran inside her house, and hustled upstairs to put more comfortable clothes on, all black as usual, and threw her long curly hair up in a messy bun, and her reading glasses on, before realizing the house was still quiet.

"MOM, ARE YOU HERE?" She yelled out, and still nothing. She went into her room, for the first time that whole day. Her bed was still messed up, like she hadn't made the bed, which was unusual. Her clothes were scattered on the floor, her underwear and bras mostly, her bathroom door was hanging wide open. Brianna was scared she'd just left at the last minute to go back to Florida but wouldn't do that to her ever, at least she'd hoped.
"Mom, if you're mad I'm sorry I didn't come home like I said I would last night, I got caught up with something, but I can make it up to you, how about I order pizza when I get out of class?" She shouted out, but still nothing. She grabbed her phone and went through her contacts until she saw her mothers name. She hit the call button and hoped for an answer. A few rings went by before suddenly the call was answered.

"Mom! Mom, I'm sorry about last night, talk to me please, can you come home?"

...

"Mom?" But the other end was silent, so silent you could hear a rat pitter pattering through the other end. Than finally there was a voice.

If you want to see your mother alive, than I suggest you not run to the cops, and come to my house and deal with what's coming, or else I put a bullet in her pretty face, got it?
The voice haunted her, it sounded almost familiar but she couldn't get it.

"Who the fuck is this, and where the fuck is my mother?" Her fists clenched, and her heart was pounding, she knew something wasn't right from the beginning, she wished she'd call sooner, maybe this wouldn't be happening.

"Wow you have such a loud fuckin' mouth, better put it to some good use when I see you, which will be very soon.."
The phone hung up. Her mouth dropped to the ground. Was this really happening?

"Fuck sake.. I have to find my mom but class.. She knew she wasn't going to be able to find her mother alone, and as soon as she got out of class, she was going to call Zoey and find her together. She was scared and nervous, but hoped class would ease her nerves.

She walked out back and grabbed her bike, a nice cool breeze was what she needed before she had a panic attack from worrying about her mother, she felt bad she was choosing class over looking for her, but didn't want to go through this alone, and who knows what Zoey had going on, or if she even wanted to drag Zoey into it, she didn't want anyone getting hurt and wondered why all of a sudden this was happening.
As she approached the University, she saw a couple kids going in, assuming they were in her class she hurried over to them and walked behind them quietly, seeing what class they were going into, it wasn't her class but at least she knew her way around. She finally found her class, a couple kids were in there laughing and talking, they greeted Brianna kindly as she found a seat in the back of the class, where she could find peace and quiet and actually get stuff done. That never happened when she was in the front of the class for whatever reason be.
She put her bags down and held her hands to her arms, closing her eyes and breathing in and out slowly to calm her growing panic attack. She wanted to cry but didn't want to be the class cry baby the first night. She couldn't believe what had happened, she tried placing that voice to a face but for some reason couldn't get it, and it pissed her off.

As they kids starting arriving one by one, they all said hello to one another and took their seats, Brianna's head was down the entire time, holding in her emotions and fear and trying to pick herself up, knowing she had made it in life, and was sitting at the best College in New York. She lifted her head up, looking around to see the kids goofing off, while some stayed quiet taking out their books to get ready to class, there was someone upfront facing the chalkboard, writing math problems up on the board. She looked closer to the person up front, the back of him looked familiar, she saw that coat before, recently even.

He turned around suddenly and looked up at everyone, before looking back down at the desk in front of him. Brianna's eyes widened. It was him. But what was he doing in a college classroom?

"Are you... our teacher? Shouldn't you be out acting or something?"

"I have a degree in teaching, your teacher will be here tomorrow night, tonight we'll just get to know one another how about that?" Michael smiled, than looking up at Brianna who was clearly more emotional than she had been five minutes ago. His eyes never left hers. It was those same eyes he had yesterday, her breathing escalated quickly. He was the voice on the phone, it was him.

She got up abruptly. Everyone looked at her, confused looks on their faces. She didn't care. She didn't see anyone else in the room at that moment, she only saw him and the look on his face when she got up, like he knew she knew.

"I need to.. Um.. Go outside for a moment.. To.. Make a phone call.." She sped walked out of the classroom, everyone looked at one another in confusion but went about their business.

"I'm gonna go make sure she's okay." Michael walked out of the classroom swiftly, but calm so he wouldn't alarm the other students, but as soon as he made his way down the hallway, his walking became faster, he was on the look out for her.

"Fuck... Where'd she go?" His voice full of anger as he made his way outside. He saw her standing there, feet away from him, on the phone with someone, but it wasn't the cops.

"Zoey.. Zoey! I need you to get here NOW, he has my mom!" Tears pouring from her face as she whipped around and saw him standing in front of her, now inches away.
They could hear Zoey panicking through the phone but she couldn't speak anymore.
He didn't say anything, he didn't even move. He just looked at her, with a grin on his face, she knew what was coming.

"Don't run. If you do you wont make it three feet. But it'll make it more fun for me, so you can try." He joked, but obviously she wasn't. She took a couple steps back and tried to make a run for it, but he was quicker than her, and had this planned out from the start. He grabbed her from the waist and pulled her into his grip, she tried screaming but he held her mouth with his free hand, his other hand grabbed a cloth and held it to her face. He dragged her over to a dark place where he wouldn't have to worry about people watching or catching him, and lay her down in the grass near the side of the school and ran to his car, pulling up next to her. He threw her in the back seat and left, leaving the kids in class all by themselves, but that was his plan. He knew she'd be there, he knew what class she'd be in. He was successful, and now how to figure out what to do with her now that he had her. It was a long drive to his house, he lived alone, had a couple bodyguards surrounding the perimeter. They were very much aware of his plans, but didn't care. He pulled up, grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder. She was completely knocked out. He walked inside, his bodyguards came sprinting to over to him, and removing her from his shoulder.

"Put her where I asked. Lock it behind you, is the mother awake?"

"Yes sir, but we can drug her again." His bodyguard suggested, Michael nodded as he took his gloves off and walked into his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him.
The bodyguard walked into the guest room on the second floor, and opened the door. Inside on the bed was Brianna's mother. She had tape over her mouth and was stripped to a bra and shorts. Her hands and ankles where tied to the bed posts, and she watched her daughter getting dropped onto the floor of the bathroom.
"Don't make this hard for yourself. Shut up or I'll stick this in your arm. Your call.." The bodyguard emotionlessly spoke before walking out of the room. Liza tried getting the tape off with her tongue but it was no use.

By the time morning came, their lives were going to change forever.