The Story of Erin and Andy (Samberg)

Chapter 2

Erin spent the night at Andy's house, and the next day she went home. As she was doing her homework, Bill calledto apologized.

'I don't know why I'm forgiving you,' she said. 'In my opinion, you didn't do anything wrong. You never lied. Your wife doesn't know, does she?'

'No, and I don't plan on telling her.' Bill said.

'I still can't believe you're married.' Erin said. 'You don't seem like the kind of guy that would do that. If Andy ever got married in the next 10, no 20 years, I'd be surprised.'

'Yeah, me too.' Bill replied.

'Are we still, together?'

'Yeah, I mean, if you don't hate me. I still like you, a lot.'

'I don't hate you Bill, I-, I love you.' She scrunched her eyes up at the word, but didn't regret saying it.

Bill was quiet and Erin wondered if he reciprocated the feeling.

'It's okay if you don't feel the same way. I know you can't love two people and I don't mind being second.'

'Erin, you are too understanding.' Bill replied.

The next day after school she drove to work. When she arrived she saw Andy, and they walked in together.

'I am thinking of doing another "Laser Cats" with Bill,' He said. 'I was wondering if you would like to write it.'

'I'd love too.' Erin replied and smiled.

Andy and Erin were in her office when Bill entered.

'I'm sorry I'm late.' He said

While writing the "Laser Cat's 3" script they ran into a problem.

'What if we have someone else be in it?' Andy suggested.

'What do you mean?' Bill asked.

'What if the writer says that it's good, that way Lorne will believe them.' Andy said. 'Why would Lorne even watch it if he knew it would be "Laser Cats" again?'

'I get it,' Bill said. 'You have his best writer telling him it's a great movie and that she herself wrote it. Of course he would believe her.'

'And who do you think should play the writer?' Erin asked.

'I thought you would.' Andy said.

'Me?' Erin laughed. 'His "Best Writer"?'

'You are.' Andy said with a shrug.

'It's true, either that or the audience is drinking more before the shows.' Bill added. 'They react more now that you've started writing.'

'Really?' Erin asked and raised her eyebrows.

'Yeah, you're the perfect person the play the writer.' Andy said.

They wrote the film and began shooting it. Erin sort of took over as assistant director and insisted on being there when they shot and edited it. "Laser Cats 3" was a huge success and Erin became popular.

Football season was nearing an end and the Super Bowl was coming up. Bill and Andy were talking about how excited they were that their team was playing. Erin overheard their conversation and said, 'Yeah, they're playing my team.'

'You watch football?' Bill asked.

'Yeah, sometimes.' Erin said. 'One of my moms is into it.'

'Do you want to come over to watch the Super Bowl with us?' Bill asked.

'I'd love to.' Erin said. 'How about we make a bet. If my team wins, I get to write something I want into a scene.'

'If your team loses, you have to write a scene where I kiss a girl.' Andy said.

'And if my team wins?' Erin asked.

'Um, I guess you could write a scene where I do something embarrassing, like, um, I don't know.' Andy said.

'Like kissing a guy.' Erin said.

Andy laughed. 'I guess. I really hope the Patriots lose.'

'Yeah I kinda to too.' Erin said laughing, though she thought it would be fun to put Andy in an awkward situation.

Sunday evening Erin arrived at Bill's house. They were getting ready to watch to game. Martha, Bill's wife, greeted her at the door.

'Hello.' She said and smiled.

'Hi, Bill invited me over for the game.' Erin explained.

'You watch football?' Martha asked.

'Kind of; he, Andy and I have a bet.' Erin said. 'It should be pretty interesting.'

Erin sat down between Andy and Bill as they watched the pregame show.

'That was awkward.' She whispered.

'Sorry, she insisted on getting the door.' Bill explained.

'Did she know I was coming?' Erin asked

'Yeah, I told her I was inviting a few people over for the game.' Bill replied.

'I guess she thought 17 year old girls don't watch football.' Erin said.

She got up to get a drink in the kitchen. Martha was reading a book and looked up when Erin walked in.

'I'm just getting a drink.' Erin said as she got a drink from the refrigerator.

'So what's this bet you have with Andy and Bill?' Martha asked. 'They mentioned it earlier but didn't go into detail.'

'Oh, the bet.' Erin said, laughing to herself. 'It's nothing really. If Andy's team wins, I have to write the scene of his choice, but if my team wins I get to write a scene with Andy doing something embarrassing, which is actually going to be hard. Andy and I decided he was going to kiss a guy on SNL, since we thought that was embarrassing. I just don't know what guy would do that; it is going to take a lot of explaining. Unless it was...Never mind.' Erin decided not to mention to Martha that her husband might be kissing Andy on live television.

'Sounds interesting.' Martha said.

Erin resumed her seat between Andy and Bill.

'That was awkward.' Erin said.

'What happened?' Andy asked.

'She asked about the bet, and in the middle of a sentence I thought of something and just stopped talking.' Erin explained.

'That is awkward.' Andy said.

'I have an idea.' Erin said. 'You and Bill are going to kiss.'

'What?' Bill said.

'Right now?' Andy said.

'No, if you lose the bet.' Erin said laughing.

'Which I won't.' Andy replied. 'I know which girl I want to kiss if I win.'

'Oh yeah?' Erin asked. 'Who's that?'

'I'm not telling you, yet.'

By halftime, the Patriots were winning and Andy and Bill were really nervous.

'So Bill, this is going to be awkward.' Andy said.

'They're not going to win.' Bill shook his head.

'Yes they are.' Said Erin laughing.

In the last few seconds of the game they were tied. Bill and Andy's team decided to go for the field goal, and they won.

'Yes!' Bill and Andy both said.

'That's too bad.' Erin said. 'So who's your girl Andy?'

'Well,' Andy said sitting down. 'You.'

'It can't be me.'

'You said any girl.'

'But how?' Erin asked. 'I mean, I'm not a cast member. Lorne would never let me be on the show just because of a bet.'

'What if he likes you and wants to put you on the cast permanently?' Andy said.

'I, I don't know,' Erin said. 'I like just being a writer.'

'You can do both.' Bill said. 'You'd be the youngest cast member ever.'

'I guess.' Erin said.

'Some of the other writers and I have been working on a skit already.' Andy said.

'How did I not know about this?' Erin asked confused.

'You're not there half as much as the other writers.' Bill said. 'You know, because you're still in school.'

'In the skit, you play a 15 year old girl named Lydia, and I play a 17 year old guy called Arthur, your boyfriend.' Andy explained.

'Arthur?' Erin laughed.

'We're supposed to be really nerdy. You'll have fake braces and headgear or something. The skit is about you introducing me to your parents, played by Bill and Amy.'

'Bill plays my dad!' Erin said. 'Awkward!'

'He fit the character well, Jason was our second choice. Anyway, it starts in the kitchen, it's after dinner and you have just cleared the table. You tell "your dad" that you are going out to the movies. The doorbell rings and you tell "your parents" that you want them to meet your boyfriend Arthur. Amy freaks out and says that you're too young to date boys. Then you explain that Arthur isn't like that and that he's in the chess club and a few other geeky things. So then you go into the living room and open the door. You introduce me to Bill and Amy. Bill and Amy walk away and talk about it. That is when you and I start making out. We stop and Amy and Bill turn around. They say something and they turn around and continue talking. We start making out again. Amy tells Bill she thinks I seem nice and that she's okay with it. We stop making out and they turn around. Bill approves and then we leave.'

'Then Bill and Amy start making out.' Erin adds.

'Okay,' Martha said. 'I only heard part of that conversation and I'm confused.'

'It's for a skit.' Bill said, and Andy and Erin laughed.