The Story of Erin and Andy (Samberg)

Chapter 5

Erin continued to be in a few scenes until the end of the season. Lorne told her she would be a featured cast member starting the next season. There was a party after the last show on the roof. Erin found it hard to find a non-alcoholic beverage. She and Andy were hanging out looking at the view.

'I've never been to a roof party before.' Erin said.

'It's pretty awesome up here, looking out over New York City.' Andy replied.

'I'm going to miss working over the summer.' Erin said.

'Maybe you could write movies. I could talk to Jorm and Akiva to see if we're doing anything.' Andy said. 'We'd love to have you help us.'

'That would be awesome.' Erin said. 'What are you doing this summer? Any movies?'

'Yeah, I've looked at a few but I'm not sure.' He replied. There was a long pause as they both watched the traffic below.

'I'm going to miss you.' Andy said.

'Oh, um, I'll miss you to.' Erin replied.

'I don't know if it's because I've had too much to drink, but I'm really going to miss you.' Andy said as he turned to face her and leaned in, as if to kiss her, but stopped. Erin looked into his eyes for a minute, then leaned in and kissed him.

Erin spent the night at Andy's house; it was 3:00 in the morning by the time the party ended. Erin drove Andy home, since he had indeed had a bit too much to drink. The next morning Andy woke up and walked into the kitchen. He found Erin standing at the counter, she turned around energetically and said, 'I'm making waffles!'

'Oh, awesome.' Andy said. 'Listen, about last night,'

'It's okay, you were drunk.' Erin interrupted.

'Yeah, but you weren't and you kissed me back.' Andy said and bit his lips as he watched her.

'Oh, I was hoping you wouldn't have noticed that.' Erin said, blushing a little.

'I meant what I said, I'm going to miss you: your laugh, your style, your hair, your eyes, your weird jokes. Erin, I think what I'm trying to say is that I like you. I don't know what that kiss meant, I don't know if you feel the same way.'

Erin thought about what Andy said for a few moments, then said, 'I like you too. I'd never really thought about it, but last night I realized how much I needed you. I would be so lost without you Andy.'

'Thank you.' Andy said smiling. 'I think your waffles are burning.'

Erin and Andy became a couple and the rest of the summer they did everything together. If Andy was in a movie, Erin was one of the writers. If Andy did something with The Lonely Island, she tagged along.

In July she was accepted to a private school for performers. It was for musicians, actors, dancers, and other people with different schedules. Erin would now be living in New York. In late August, Erin and Andy were invited to a baby shower for Martha.

Bill and Erin had not talked for a while, and he didn't know that she was seeing Andy. She and Andy arrived together and sat together. That didn't bother Bill, since they were friends. But when he saw them kiss, he knew they were more than just friends.

'I see you guys are dating now.' Bill said quietly.

'Yes, that isn't going to be awkward, is it?' Erin asked.

'No, of course not.' Bill replied with a smile that failed to hide his lingering feelings for Erin.

'Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?' Andy asked.

'Boy.' Bill smiled, a real smile that reached his eyes. 'And we are not going to name him Chad.'

'Thank you.' Erin said. 'Do you know what you want to name him?'

'Daniel is one of the names we've looked at.' Bill said. 'But there are definitely many more choices.' Bill said and walked back to his wife. There were many other people from SNL there. Seth and Jason were talking and Andy and Erin went over to talk to them.

'Hi.' Erin said holding Andy's hand.

'Hi.' Seth said.

'You guys are together now?' Jason asked.

'Yes we are.' Andy grinned.

'Do you like, just date SNL cast members or something?' Jason asked.

'Who else has she dated?' Martha, who had appeared out of nowhere, asked.

'Umm, Seth.' Erin said. 'We dated for a, um, a few, weeks-'

'Months, she meant months.' Seth added smiling.

'Oh, that's wonderful. Just stay away from Bill.' Martha said smiling.

Erin laughed nervously as Martha walked away. 'Oh my God!' Erin said. 'Do you think she knows?'

'No, I think she was just joking.' Jason said.

School started and Erin moved to New York. Erin was sitting in her dorm room writing an essay for her literature class when her phone rang.

'Hello?' She said.

'Erin! Erin it's me!' Bill said excitedly into the phone.

'Bill?' Erin said.

'Erin! Erin I'm a dad!' Bill said.

'Oh, that's wonderful.' Erin said.

'We named him Daniel!' Bill said.

'Oh, that's great.' Erin said. 'Why are you telling me this?'

'You're the first person I could think of to call!' Bill said.

'Oh, well why don't you call your mother or something.' Erin suggested and laughed.

'My mother! Yes, I will call my mother!' Bill said. 'Thank you Erin, goodbye!'

'Bye.' Erin said and hung up the phone. She called Andy and told him.

'Wow, this is so exciting.' Andy said. 'It makes me feel kind of old. I hope I'm not like 40 by the time I have kids.' He added.

'Yeah, that would be weird.' Erin said and thought for a moment. 'That's in, like, 10 years.'

'Yeah.' Andy said. After a long pause he added, 'I didn't mean it like that... I don't know what I meant. Just thinking out loud.'

Erin thought about what Andy had said. When he was 40, she'd be 28. The SNL writers began planning the opening night of SNL. They had a lot planned and Arthur and Lydia were going to be in it again.

Doing the Arthur and Lydia skit this time was a lot easier for Erin. The next few months went by quickly.

Erin wrote a skit called "The View of Sports" which was a combination of "The View" and "Sunday Night Football". It included Amy, Kristen, Maya and herself and they were "retired cheerleaders". They would talk about football and other sports, mostly football.

For Erin's birthday in November, the cast threw her a surprise party.

'Wow!' Erin said. 'You threw me a party!'

'It's your 18th birthday, why not!' Andy said.

That night Andy took Erin out to dinner, after they walked in the park under the stars.

'I can't believe I'm 18.' Erin said.

'Do you know what else today is?' Andy asked.

'I think so.' Erin said.

'It's our 6 month anniversary!' Andy said

'Oh, I knew that!' Erin said sitting on a park bench and kissing Andy.

'I love you.' Andy whispered in her ear.

'I love you too.' Erin said. They sat there for a while and then Andy walked her home.

After SNL's last show before Christmas, Andy asked if she would like to meet his family.

'Ooo, this is serious!' Erin giggled.

'Yeah, I guess it is.' Andy said smiling.

'Only if you'll meet my moms.' Erin said.

'I would love to meet your moms.' Andy said.

When Erin got out of school, she and Andy drove to New Jersey.

'Hi mom!' Erin said to her mom when she greeted them at the door. She and Andy walked in and she introduced them. 'Andy, this is my mom Amanda.'

'Nice to meet you.' He said shaking her hand.

'And this is my other mom, Kira.' Erin said.

'Nice to meet you.' He said shaking her hand.

'You are so adorable!' Amanda said.

'Thank you.' Andy said.

'So, you two have been going out for 7 months, right?' Kira asked.

'Yes.' Erin said.

'So, do you think he's the one?' Kira asked.

'I-I-I haven't really thought about that, but, um...' Erin said nervously.

'Kira, that's rude!' Amanda said.

'I just wanted to know.' She replied.

'He is cute.' Amanda added.

'Mom!' Erin said.

'Sorry.' She said. 'Shall we have dinner now?'

'Sure!' Kira said.

While Andy and Erin drove back from New Jersey they talked about Erin's moms.

'Your step mom seems really, um,' Andy paused.

'Interesting?' Erin said.

'Yeah.' Andy said.