Madeline's Transformation

Chapter 1

Madeline was a quiet girl who lived in a little town in rural United States. She worked as a teller at the bank. She drove the most peculiar car; it ran on water and sunlight. It was a prototype made by her brother, a senior in college studying engineering. The car looked normal on the outside, a white Escalade, and on the inside. But under the hood was something no person had ever seen in a car: a water tank. Madeline's car was not the only thing that made her special. Something was about to happen to her that would change her life.

It was a typical Monday, nothing extraordinary had happened at school. Madeline drove to work after school and changed into her usual black skirt, white collared shirt and black cardigan. Her fellow tellers always teased her about having a closet full of the same outfit. Her shoes were also black; shiny heels (with laces). She resumed her post at the desk and began helping people. About half an hour later, a well dressed man walked into the bank and looked around. The other tellers- also teenage girls (save, of course, Ms. Gourd who has most likely been working at the bank since it opened in 1893, though for a 130 year old women, she didn't look that bad)- giggled and bet on who this rich looking man would go to.

It was always exciting for these young ladies to handle large amounts of money, and they enjoyed the tips rich old men often left for them (though you're not really supposed to tip tellers). This particular man was not too old, at first glance, somewhere in his 40's, but if you looked closely, you could still see the radiant light of youth shining about him. Madeline put him in his late 30's.

The older gentleman looked at each teller, and finally let his gaze rest upon Madeline's white complexion framed with blond hair. The other tellers giggled as he walked toward Madeline. Smiling, he produced a check from his pocket and said in a gorgeous British accent, 'Hello, how are you today?'

Madeline replied in a clam voice as she took his check from him, 'I am quite well today, how are you?'

'Fantastic, just fantastic,' he said energetically. 'I am visiting some friends here in Meredith, and I just love it here. It's nice to get out of the city.'

Madeline, seeing the amount of money this check was worth, realized she needed some larger bills than the ones she was provided with at her desk.

'This is quite a large sum of money.' She said. 'I'm going to have to get some more cash for you.' She added smiling as she turned and headed toward the vault. She was not allowed to open the vault, but her superior could and she loved to watch. Madeline handed the check to her superior and watched her face change.

'Rich British man from London.' Madeline explained and her superior nodded in agreement. They walked over to the vault and opened it. Madeline looked at all of the money and smiled. Madeline loved money, but in a good way. Her superior gathered the needed bills and gave them to Madeline. Madeline brought the money out to the man and counted it and gave it to him.

'Madeline,' He said taking his money from her. 'I am Lord George Hathaway of Hampshire England, in case you were wondering why I had so much money.'

'I was a bit curious.' Madeline replied smiling.

'Would you like to go out to dinner with me sometime?' George asked.

'That would be wonderful.' Madeline said writing down her number and giving it to him.

'I'll call you.' He said taking her number and smiling as he left.