Madeline's Transformation

Chapter 2

That evening, Madeline's phone rang and she answered it. It was George asking her out to dinner that night. He said he would pick her up at seven. Madeline got dressed in her best dress and awaited his arrival. He drove up in a limo and they went to the most expensive restaurant. After dinner they talked for a while. Madeline didn't get home until eleven.

This continued for the next few months, George would buy her expensive jewelry and clothes. So when George said he was leaving for England in June, Madeline couldn't refuse his offer. He said she could go to a prestigious boarding school in London. So Madeline moved to London with George.

George and Madeline went on vacation for three weeks to celebrate his 38th birthday (August 8th). When they came back in September, she started school. They went to a Halloween party together as Cleopatra and Marc Antony. There were many other Lords, and Dukes and Duchesses and other important people at the party. It was their first public appearance as a couple. In December, George threw a huge Christmas party and, again, there were many important people wearing nice clothes. Madeline wore a beautiful dress and expensive jewelry.

After the party, George and Madeline were talking on a balcony that overlooked an elaborate garden. The sound of a fountain in the distance filled the cold December air.

'You look absolutely stunning tonight.' George said.

'Thank you.' Madeline said. 'That's because I'm wearing such an expensive dress.'

'You're always beautiful, no matter what you're wearing.' George said.

'Thank you.'

'Madeline,' George said taking her hands in his. 'I love you, and,' he got down on one knee. 'I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone except you. Will you marry me?'

Madeline was shocked, 'Of course.' She said as George showed her the biggest diamond ring she'd ever seen. George put the ring on her finger and stood up and kissed her. They walked back inside and announced to the guests that were left that they were going to get married.

They started planning their wedding the next week. They picked a date in late June, after Madeline graduated. Speaking of school, some things have been going on at school that would be important to know.

Madeline made friends easily; they were all really nice to her, including the guys. At Madeline's old school, she had only had one boyfriend, and it wasn't that serious. That was probably because most of the guys were not attractive enough, or they all did drugs, or they were just too dumb. At her new school, even the ugly guys were hot. Everyone was smart, but most of them still did drugs, but not the way they had at her old school. It was pretty much just pot. Drinking was huge in England; back in the states people drank to get drunk, but over here they drank for fun.

Madeline was not unattractive, she was not fat or anything like that. In the states, she was never considered pretty. But when she came to England, she realized that the girls over here were different, they were like her. She was finally considered attractive and beautiful. And guys told her and they weren't rude about it. Most of they guys played sports, so she'd see them at practice and they'd talk to her, or she see a game with them. But there was one guy named Mark who was different. He played soccer, hockey, and lacrosse. Madeline went to see a lot of his games; she'd go with friends so George wouldn't get suspicious. She and Mark weren't officially dating, but everyone knew that if George was out of the picture they would, but Madeline couldn't break up with George because she'd have to go back to the states and leave Mark.

Mark and Madeline had English class together. The first day back from Christmas break, she saw him in the hall, but kept walking. She didn't know how to tell him. During English class, he was talking with her, and he suddenly stopped and looked at her hand.

'Are you engaged?' He asked.

'Yes,' Madeline replied. 'I didn't know how to tell you, but I couldn't say no to him or I'd go back to the States. Do you understand?'

'Yeah, I get it.' Mark said. 'It's just hard, knowing this relationship is going nowhere.'

'Oh Mark, you know I would go out with you if I could.' Madeline said hugging him. 'Hey, cheer up. Do you want to see a movie later?'

'I guess.' Mark replied as he walked away to his seat.