Madeline's Transformation

Chapter 3

But Mark wasn't the only guy who liked Madeline. She had this group of guys who would take her out to dinner, or to see a movie, or to a game. They weren't as special as Mark, but they didn't care. On Valentine's Day (which had never been Madeline's favorite holiday because of her lack of boyfriend), she received so many roses that she had to give some of them away so George wouldn't notice. He took her out to dinner at a very expensive restaurant and gave her a gold necklace with a huge sapphire on it.

George was going to go away for business for 3 weeks. He had been away before, but not for this long. Madeline always said to him 'I get so lonely, sleeping alone in bed.' This time, she wouldn't be so alone. She threw parties at least three times a week and had a guy with her every night. She had never been promiscuous before, but once she started dating George, well, he's not a virgin and now Madeline isn't either. She'd had affairs with Mark several times since her engagement and more before that. Before her engagement she'd slept with her other "guy friends", the ones who 'dated' her and bought her flowers on Valentine's Day. Since her engagement, she'd cut back on how many guys she'd let in bed. But her 3-week 'vacation' from George was like a giant bachelorette party, her last chance to be a wild teenage girl and sleep with whomever she liked.

She wasn't labeled a slut, many other girls slept with guy friends, but most of them stuck to less than two a night. George had his women too; Madeline wasn't the only bad person in the relationship. George couldn't expect a 38-year-old guy to satisfy the needs of an 18-year-old teenage girl and vice versa. He wasn't as quiet about his affairs, though. He'd invite his mistress over for dinner and then they'd go up to his bedroom, Madeline's bedroom, and she'd give him head while Madeline listened in the next room and tried to do her homework. Madeline at least had the decency to leave her boyfriends at school.

She lied to him a lot, 'I'm going to my friend Elsa's house' and she'd go hang out with one of her guys. At least 4 times a month she'd sleep with one of them. She'd say she was 'stressing about the wedding and needed to take her mind off it' and they knew exactly what she wanted. As the wedding came closer, her visits would become more frequent. And it wasn't always about sex; sometimes she'd just talk, but that was only sometimes. She was becoming a beast. On top of visiting her guy friends, George still expects things from her. He had these sick fantasies, he'd never tie her up or anything like that, though he did video tape them. He'd make her dress up and he'd call her the names of his former teachers.

Apparently he'd had a relationship with one of his teachers. He'd always been like this, getting women of any age. George was quite attractive; he had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, and a nice body. He stayed in shape for the ladies. One day he came home from a bar drunk with a woman. He kicked Madeline out of bed to have sex with this woman. Madeline left and spent the night at Marks house, they had sex. She didn't mind; George provided her with all of her needs, and wants, and he had lots of money. Some of his 'business trips' were actually vacations with his mistress.

Their wedding was finally fully planned and was about a week away. It was planned for the first weekend in July. They were to go on a honeymoon in to Italy and France for a week. Her wedding dress was white with lace sleeves. She carried white roses. Madeline wasn't ready to become Lady Madeline Hathaway. The day of her wedding she secretly left to meet Mark for about 15 minutes. She had to go back and get her hair done and her makeup and everything. When it was finally time for her to walk down the aisle, she looked beautiful. The ceremony ended and they left for Italy.

They did some sight seeing, but then got bored within a few hours of arriving. Madeline went shopping and George decided to go to the races. Madeline met a cute Italian guy and they talked for a while. They went to a vineyard and walked around, looking at the grapes. Then, under a grape tree, they slept together. She'd only been married a day and she had already broken her vows. She didn't care, at least she didn't invite Mark to the wedding, George's mistress was one of her bridesmaids. She and the Italian guy hung out for the remainder of their short stay in George's villa in Italy. When they arrived at George's house in France, she noticed all the pictures of different women, but none of her. One of the first things they did was have sex, Madeline guessed George was unable to find someone in Italy and needed to satisfy his unquenchable need for physical affection, mostly sex. The next thing Madeline did was go to a café on the corner of a street in Paris and find some French guy to be her sex partner, as George did the same, only he was looking for a young French girl.

Madeline couldn't wait to get back to London and "her guy's". The first summer of her marriage was spent sleeping around, going to parties, getting drunk and high. Madeline, sweet innocent Madeline had disappeared. She had hit the bottom. Madeline was to go to college in New York City to study writing.

That fall she left to go back to the states to hopefully turn her life around. She stayed in a nice apartment in NYC. Within the first two weeks of her freshman year, she had already gotten an internship writing for Saturday Night Live. During her first week working there, she mostly just ran errands; she only saw the script once and that was to photocopy it. The next week she actually got to talk with some of the cast. She was just hanging out, waiting for something to do, talking with Andy, Bill, Kristen and a few other people. She noticed something in Bill, something he had said.

'Richard Nixon.' Madeline said to him.

'What?' Bill asked, confused.

'Do that again, what you just said reminded me of Nixon.' She said. 'Say "I am not a crook!" just like that.'

'I am not a crook!' Bill said in his best Nixon voice.

'That was perfect!' Said Andy.

'We could do something with this.' Madeline said. 'Nixon advises George Bush on how to deal with impeachment.'

'Bush wasn't impeached, he just got to the end of his term.' Fred said.

'I know, but he is hated as much as Nixon was after Watergate and his impeachment.' Madeline added. 'I'll be right back, I need to write that down before I forget.' She left and ran off to the closet they called her office. She reappeared five minutes later with a full script between George Bush and Richard Nixon. She gave it to Bill and watched as he read it and began laughing. He gave it to Andy, who, like Bill, started laughing at the same spot Bill had.

'We've got to find Jason and get him to read this as George Bush with you.' Andy said to Bill.

'I'll find him.' Kristen said and walked away.