Harry Who?

Dressed up Like a Christmas Tree

“What color do you want to paint your nails?” Harry asked me as we looked over the colors available.

“It’s almost Christmas, so I’m thinking red and green,” I answered and picked out the shades I wanted. “You?”

“Something sparkly, maybe gold?” He points out the nail polish he’s interested in.

“That would look stunning on you, babe.” I answered and settled in to let the beautician do her work. I’d never gotten my nails done with a guy before, but it felt so natural with Harry, sitting in his living room listening to some Fleetwood Mac and sipping on mimosas. We had settled in a bit more since returning from Paris last week, and Harry was back to his usual self around me, if not even more affectionate than before. Maybe it was just the Christmas spirit, but I also felt a lot happier and relaxed.

I looked at my nails as they were drying and admired the colors, and frowned.

“What’s wrong, you don’t like it?” Harry asked.

“No, I love it, they’re really nice, but, almost too nice. Compared to even my nicest clothes, this is like wearing diamonds on my nails.” I waved them in the light and watched the light glitter off each red and green nail like rubies and emeralds.

He scrunched up his nose and twisted his mouth into an apologetic half-smile. “Not going to lie, your whole wardrobe needs some updating.”

“Thanks, we can’t all be as stylish as you, Styles,” I replied sarcastically. “Besides, I’m unemployed, I can’t use my life savings just to buy new clothes.”

“Ellie, I don’t mind buying you a few new clothes if you want to look nicer when we go out.”

“Harry, I couldn’t-”

He cut me off. “Ell, this t-shirt cost like $200. Really, I don’t mind giving you a couple thousand dollars to go shopping.”

“What?? You could get that same shirt for like $15 at any department store,” I balked. I reached out to touch it, to see if maybe this shirt had magical healing powers or something.

“Yes, but it’s so soft, and doesn’t wrinkle,” he smiled, and I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not, but it sure was soft. “But Ellie, it doesn’t matter how you’re dressed. You’re just meeting my family.”

“Just meeting your family? Harry, this is one of the most important moments in our relationship. I feel like you’re going to be dressed up like a fucking Christmas tree, and I’ll be in like jeans and a hoodie.”

“Why would I be dressed as a Christmas tree?” He laughed.

“I meant as dressed up as a Christmas tree, not dressed like a tree. Like, flashy and festive, and what not. You have a unique style, you know.”

“I know.” He smiled. “But it’s just my family, they won’t care what you’re wearing.”

“I’ll just get one outfit, okay?”

“Okay, but I insist on paying for it.” He took out his wallet and handed me some cash. “I would just give you my card, but they might think you stole it.” He teased.

“Why don’t you just come with me?” I suggested. I hated taking his money, and it would feel a little less awkward for me if he was there.

“I think people will see us,” he answered. “I’d love to, but it’s too risky.”

“Remember when you and the guys were in costume for SNL and we all had dinner in central park, and no one noticed?”

“Yeah, but…”

“Just wear some normal looking clothes and hat. And put your goddamn hair up. I think that’s your most recognizable feature.” I reached out to tousle his hair, and tucked a lock behind his ear.

“I don’t think it’s that easy, Ell.” He answered.

“Come on, let’s just try it, okay? As long as you don’t smile, no one will know who you are?” For real, those dimples would give him away in a heartbeat, not matter how he was dressed.

He got a cheeky grin, and raised his eyebrow. “I have an even better idea.”

It was dark, around 10:30, when we finally left. Harry was dressed in his usual ‘Harry’ type outfit- tight black pants and a floral shirt, a cap on his head to keep his hair in check. I’ve never used the back entrance to a store before, so I felt a bit like we were breaking in. The store was empty except for a few employees and a couple people from Harry’s team, mainly bodyguards in case anything went wrong.

“How much has this shopping trip cost you?” I asked him and glanced around the empty store. Surely he must have paid a decent amount to keep the store open late.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it. Get whatever you want.” He smiled and led me into the store. I had never been in this kind of store, since it wasn’t likely to be found in the mall in Ottawa. I looked around in awe at the fancy clothes, not even knowing where to start.

“Harry, I…” I was speechless. “What do you want me to try on first?” He must have had something in mind if he picked this store. I watched him look at a few dresses before settling on something that looked like it might be a shirt, not a dress.

“No, no way.” I shook my head and laughed.

“Come on, just try it on. I want to see how it looks on you.” He had a glint in his eye that gave me an odd sense of confidence, so I agreed.

“I’m just trying it on, okay?” I grabbed the garment and left for the changing rooms. I wasn’t even sure I was wearing it properly, but when I opened the curtain from the dressing room, Harry was waiting for me.

“Damn, Ellie,” he reached down to run his hand along the hem of the dress. “Can’t take you home to mother in a skirt that short.” He grinned, and I wondered if he’d paid the store employees enough to let him fuck me right here in the dressing room.

“Right, so maybe something more appropriate?” I tried to get him back on track, but his mind was set on one thing.

“How about this?” He brought over another ‘outfit.’ I would have thought it were a bathing suit?

“Harry, I’m not wearing that to Christmas with your parents…” I looked at him disapprovingly, but couldn’t stop myself from falling for his advances. Sometimes he was like a drug; just one look and I was under his spell. “What about this dress?”

“What, are you a librarian?” He joked, and I put it back on the rack. “Maybe something more like this?”

“Harry,” I answered pleadingly. “You know that’s not really my style.”

“Okay,” he held up his hands. “What do you want to wear?”

I looked around the store for a minute before settling on something that looked more ‘me’ than anything Harry had suggested. “This?”

“Ellie, I think that item is from the menswear line.” He explained and apologetically smiled.

“I don’t care. You said I could have whatever I wanted.” I shrugged, not deterred by his response.

“Do you think they even have it in your size?” He began looking through the rack of clothes for the smallest size.

“I just want the pants,” I helped him look. “I’ve found men’s pants are usually more comfortable, and they actually have pockets.”

“You know, I could get a pair of these trousers too, and we could be matching,” he grinned.

“Really? I think that would be kinda cute actually.” We found the right sizes went to the dressing room to try them on.

“These would look great with matching ugly Christmas jumpers,” he said as we admired them in the mirror together.

“They would! Let’s go pick one out,” I grabbed his hand and led him toward the sweaters. I looked through a few before I found the perfect one. “Look at this, it even lights up!”

“A Christmas tree, eh? That is brilliant,” he took the sweater and held it up. “Guess I will be dressed up like a Christmas tree after all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
After that last chapter I thought we needed something light and fluffy! Also, I re-read that last chapter because I thought it might be confusing, and I found a bunch of dumb spelling errors (oops!). So I’m probably going to re-read the whole story and edit a few things.
Thank you for reading, commenting, liking/voting : )