Harry Who?

New York Part 1

On my flight to New York I kept thinking about that butterfly tattoo, and how I wanted to explore all of Harry’s other tattoos. I wondered what he had planned for us. I’d never been to New York City before, so I wouldn’t mind doing a little sightseeing. However, I don’t think someone like Harry could just walk into the Statue of Liberty like any other tourist. If it were up to me, we would just spend the whole time at the hotel doing… well, each other? For lack of a better term. That had been on my mind since our last night together, and I realllly hoped he felt the same way. I even bought new condoms to replace the expired ones in my purse.

I was met by one of his security guards at the airport, and he took me to Harry’s hotel, where I waited for him to return from a rehearsal, or interview, I don’t remember. But when he finally got back, I was so ready for him, I practically threw myself on him as he walked in the door.

Later that evening, after we’d showered and gotten cleaned up, he said he had a surprise for me.

“You didn’t get me something, did you?” I frowned.

“No, not really. Kinda?” He raised his eyebrow, not really answering my question.

“What is it?” I sighed.

“So, is it safe to assume you like hockey?” Harry asked with a mischievous grin. “You know, because you’re Canadian?”

“That’s a bit of a stereotype,” I pretended to give him a scolding look. “But, yeah, I love hockey. More than I care to admit.” I bit my lip and tried to curb my enthusiasm; just talking about hockey could get me riled up.

“Cool, because we’re going to a hockey game tonight.” He looked a tiny bit smug, like he was proud of his realization that a Canadian might want to go to a hockey game.

“Nice. Who are we seeing?” I asked with an excited grin.

“Well, this is New York, so, the Rangers.”

“Do you know who they’re playing?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“Another team, I assume?” He smiled, his smugness replaced with an embarrassed smile.

“Well, it’s the preseason, so they will most likely be playing someone within their division, the Metropolitan Division, and probably a nearby team...like the Islanders or the Devils.” I shrugged. “Yeah, I like hockey, a lot.”

He raised his eyebrows and failed at masking a surprised smile. “You really know your stuff.”

“I come from a very hockey-oriented family. So, I just want to clarify this,” I bit my lip to keep from smiling. “Is this like, our second date?”

Harry laughed and brushed his hair out of his eyes. “Yeah, this is a date.” He wrapped his arm around me and started to lead me toward the door. “And we’re going to be late if we don’t leave now.”

We were led in through a back entrance, the one the hockey players used and surrounded by several bodyguards and couple other people who’s names I could not remember.

“It’s weird,” Harry looked around the arena once we arrived. “We just did a show here last night.”

“It looks a little different, eh?” I looked up at him and smiled. “And a whole different kind of crowd is here tonight.”

“Yes, that is for sure,” he laughed as we were escorted to our seats.

I looked up at the scoreboard to see who the opponent was and my heart skipped a beat when I saw it was the Pittsburgh Penguins. ‘No, it can’t be… he’s probably not even playing, right?’ As the players came out on the ice for their warm up I kept my eyes peeled a number 23 jersey. Even though he normally plays for the Penguins’ minor league team, in preseason games, like this one, other players sometimes get called up to ‘try-out’ playing in the NHL. I’m sure he would have told me if he was making his NHL debut tonight, or I would have heard it from my parents at least.

Harry noticed I was tense and looked over at me. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just excited to be here.” I lied. “Never seen a game at Madison Square Garden, it’s pretty exciting. Oh shit!” I saw him as he turned to talk to another player and I ducked lower in my seat. When I saw who that other player was I swore even harder. “Fuck, no this is not happening.”

“What is it? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me in public?” Harry tried to joke, but he looked worried.

“No,” I sat up a little more to see if my brother was still talking to him. “I didn’t plan on introducing you to my family so soon, but that’s my twin brother. Number 23 of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Scott Wilson.”

Harry’s face went blank as he looked out at the ice. “Oh.”

“And the guy he’s talking to, on the other team, that’s my, um, ex-boyfriend,” I said as I slowly slid further down my seat.

“Fuck, I’m sorry Ell,” he reached over to put his hand on my shoulder.

“No, it’s fine, I’m sure they won’t see me, sitting next to Harry Styles.” I closed my eyes and tried to become invisible.

“We can go, if you want,” he said quietly.

“No, it’s fine. I just didn’t realize my ex played for the Rangers. Must have gotten traded,” I slowly sat up, and pulled my hat down further and put my hair up into a ponytail. ‘Maybe my own brother will be too distracted to notice me.’

“Sorry,” Harry said after a moment. “Do you want something to drink?”

“Like alcohol? Heck yes, but it’s freaking expensive here, though,” I turned to face him, but he was already sending one of the bodyguards up to get us some beer.

“Don’t worry, I got it,” he winked. “He’ll bring you as many refills as you want.”

“Good, I’m going to need it. And, thanks,” I offered a shy smile.

“For the beer? No problem, you look like you need it.” He shrugged.

“No, for everything.” I smiled a little brighter as he looked at me with those green eyes.

“I want to kiss you, but I don’t want to draw any attention,” he said, entrapping me in his gaze.

“So you thought you’d stare at me instead?” I teased, a smirk starting on the edge of my lips.

He nodded and started to smile.

“Good, I don’t like attention,” I replied, finally able to break from his gaze and look back toward the ice.

“If you don’t like attention, you’re sitting next to the wrong person,” he said quietly and shot me a teasing look out of the corner of his eye.

‘Yeah, I know,’ I thought as I bit my lip and glanced back at him. There was to be no touching him in public, or any kind of interaction that could make us seem as anything other than ‘friends.’ It didn’t bother me too much, because we weren’t really a ‘hand holding’ type couple anyway. We were the ‘having sex all night’ type of couple. Though right now, I could have used some kind of physical reassurance, like holding his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to include some hockey! Sorry, hockey is my true passion, and it fit into Ellie’s story pretty well. Also, Scott Wilson is not my favorite player or anything, but he was Canadian and a lesser-known player, so he fit. Her ex is not a real hockey player, I made him up. (PS, if you’re into hockey, check out my hockey fanfiction: http://www.hockeyfanfiction.com/Member/41754/)

I have parts of the next few chapters written, but nothing’s close to being finished, so I’m not sure when the next chapter might be up.

Thank you for reading! Vote/subscribe/like/comment/whatever :)

PS. I just saw Wonder Woman last night, and it was awesome!!!!