Status: TwoShot

Dirty Laundry

PART 1 - THE BETRAYAL

The door opened without a sound, leaving nothing but a click and the dim hallway light to announce Alex’s entrance. He cursed to himself wishing that the light wasn’t so bright against the dark hotel room. His girlfriend (though he didn’t know what she would be if she caught him sneaking in at this hour) was sleeping soundly a few feet away, and he did not want to wake her. Alex continued to slip inside slowly, and began stripping himself of his pants and shoes. They had been through a lot tonight.

Alex had just gotten back from being with his “fling”, Tiffany, a ballerina who was dainty and light when she appeared on stage and in bed, but she had a deeper soul. She could sound like a real badass sometimes, but he knew she didn’t compare to his real girlfriend Lennon, who was a real badass. So alike, yet so different. He almost felt like his old self again, the self who followed whatever reckless thoughts popped up into his head without thinking of the consequences. And he was definitely too drunk right now to think of consequences.

Alex stared at the keycard he used to get into the room he bought for his rendezvous with Tiffany. No one knew about it, though he was sure the boys were onto him. He was starting to look very suspicious, with always going to turn in early and waking up completely trashed while Lennon was perfectly sober. She hadn’t noticed it yet, but the guys had known him for too long to not notice his habits.

Alex thought about this too, the worry clouding his mind and making him nervous. He knew Lennon didn't deserve this. But he couldn’t stop himself. He wanted to, but he was to addicted to the drug called “Tiffany”. He saw her when he closed his eyes, dancing around his body in her ballet costume, light as a cloud. But then he saw Lennon - his future ball & chain - with her dark red lips and leather jacket. He would do anything to keep that smile on her face. Well, almost anything.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Lennon opened her eyes again approximately eight minutes after she heard the room’s door open. She had been up late texting her best friend & roommate Charlotte, and made the quick decision to feign sleep when she heard someone at the door who she presumed to be Alex. She’d kept her eyes closed while he walked in, waiting for him to do something that proved he was up to no good. He’d only climbed into bed though, and was now snoring gently with his arms around her waist.

She turned her head to face him, looking for any sign of awakeness. He continued to snore, and she couldn’t help but think how cute he looked sleeping. So at peace. She really wanted to think the best of him, but knew better than to trust a secretive man. She leaned in to snuggle him, but was caught by a discerning scent. Cigarette smoke. It was all over his shirt. Alex said he hadn’t smoked in years. “What the fuck-” Lennon whispered, but another smell hit her before she could finish. Vanilla perfume. Lennon hated vanilla perfume, while many girls loved the scent it only made her sick. She nearly gagged at the odd mixture on Alex’s shirt.

A doubt crept into her mind. She hurriedly wiggled out of Alex’s arms, desperate to shut the little voice in the back of her mind up. She would not think the worst, only believe the best. Lennon had been through too many bad situations to have anything less than optimism right now. She only wanted to be happy for once.

She tiptoed around to his side of the bed where there was another bedside table. There was a key card on top. Lennon didn’t exactly know what it meant, but she knew it wasn’t the key to their room. She grabbed it and ran out into the hallway.

She walked along the corridor until she found the number she was looking for, room 617. She knocked on the door, silently praying that he would answer. The door swung open. “Jack, I need your help,” Lennon sighed, walking into the room. “Lennon what the fuck it's 3 in the morning,” Jack complained, rubbing his eyes as she turned on the lights. “Alex just got back, and he smells like cigarettes and vanilla perfume-” “But you hate vanilla perfume,” Jack interrupted. While dating his best friend, Lennon had become quite close with Jack too. They knew a lot about each other, and she always went to him for advice on Alex.

“Exactly. And I found this keycard that I was hoping went to your room, but it doesn’t” Lennon finished. Jack gave her a worried look.“I think I know where it goes,” he sighed. He took the key and led Lennon up a floor, to room 708. “I’ve seen Alex come in and out of here a few times these past few days. It thought the room belonged to Rian or Zack since their rooms are up here too but, it doesn’t.” Jack said solemnly. He looked at Lennon, unsure if he wanted to expose her to what was beyond that door. He cared for her, more than he was willing to admit, and more than she needed him too. “Are you sure about this?”

Lennon let out a breath and shook her head. “I have to know.” She took the key from his hand and swiped it on the door, unlocking it. Her hands slightly shaking, she opened the door slowly.

There were half empty wine glasses littering the tables of the room. Next to them were ashtrays full of lit cigarettes , as if someone had just left them there. She knew that the boys weren’t huge wine drinkers, so he had to be residing with a girl in here. The sheets of the bed were messy, possibly slept in. Lennon put a hand over her mouth. It was taking everything in her not to cry, but she had to stay strong for when she confronted Alex. She wouldn’t let him get away with this.

Lennon turned to Jack for comfort, but he was nowhere to be found. Little did she know as soon as he took one glance at the room, he knew Alex was cheating, and was halfway down the hall right now going to warn him that he better come and save his relationship. Alex was of course knocked out cold from all the wine, but a few blows too his head from Jack woke him right up. Lennon continued making her way around the room, which looked more lived in than her’s and Alex’s did. But what sealed the deal was when she found a balled up pink leotard and tutu in the corner. “The bitch is a ballerina? Really?” she mumbled.

“Lennon?” The girl turned around, recognizing the voice as Alex. “I can explain-” he started, but he saw the ballet costume in her hands and knew he couldn’t cover up what he did. “Explain what? Explain how you’re cheating on me with a fucking ballerina?!” Lennon screamed, thrusting the outfit at him. “Babe i’m so sorry, I-I’m an idiot-” “No shit! What, was I not good enough for you or something?” “No, you are amazing. I love you, and this was all my fault.” Alex said. He was trying his hardest to make everything seem okay, but the truth was, he didn’t know if things would be.

Lennon just stared at him, as if expecting him to continue. She knew nothing he’d say could justify his actions, but she just wanted to see what kind of song-lyric crap he would pull out of his ass. “She means nothing to me, okay? I love you so so much and I don’t know what I would do without you. And I deserve your worst, ok just don’t-don’t leave me.” he begged. “You know what, i'm sick and tired of this. I’m sick and tired of the sneaking around and the lying I mean, cigarettes Alex? For a girl you barely even know? You can beg all you want but i’m done. You’ve made it clear that a leopard doesn’t change his spots.” She threw the ballerina’s clothes to his feet, and began to walk out of the room.

“But I need you! I need you morning, night and day. You’re my only one, you’re all I want to know. I never meant to hurt you,” Alex blurted out, grabbing her arm. Well there’s the crappy song lyrics, she thought, rolling her eyes. “ That might’ve worked on other girls, but not me. I’m done being played for a fool. I hope she was worth it.” And with that, Lennon closed the door on Alex, and possibly the best romantic relationship she’d ever had.
But she didn’t need it anymore. She didn’t need any of it, anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first part for the Last Young Renegade writing contest. The second part will be the end.