Seems Like We Lost It All

Eleven

“You’re late,” Brian pointed out when Madison stepped on the bus. She raised her middle finger to him as she pushed past him and into the room with the bunks. Everyone had already claimed theirs, leaving her with only one option: a top bunk in the corner. She tossed her bag up on it and then turned and headed back into the living area just as the bus started rolling. She squeezed herself in between Jimmy and Zack on the couch.

“Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?” Johnny questioned, laughing as she gave him the same gesture she’d given Brian minutes earlier.

“Whoever decided it was a good idea to be on this bus at six in the morning!”

“We keep plenty of coffee stocked up in here, want some?” Matt asked as he opened a door and pulled out a jar of coffee.

“Yes, please? Thank you, Matty, wake me up when it’s done.” Madison said before letting herself fall back into Jimmy’s lap. Then she stretched her legs out so her feet rested in Zack’s lap and ignored both of their protests as she quickly fell asleep.

-----

The feeling of something tickling her face woke her up. She reached up quickly, trying to push whatever it was away but there was nothing there. The smell of coffee filled the air and she sat up slowly, yawning.

“Feel better now, sleeping beauty?” Matt asked with a smirk on his face before holding out a steaming cup of coffee for her. She took it gratefully and took a small sip, happy that he had even went through the trouble of preparing it exactly the way she liked. He probably only did it because he knew she’d still be mad at him for his stunt earlier that morning.

“I am. Sorry about earlier, guys. I barely slept last, too excited or nervous about today. Then I slept through my alarm. I was finally woken up by Matt yanking me out of my bed.” She held up her elbow for everyone to see, showing off the bruise that was already starting to form where she’d fallen on the floor.

By the time she finished her coffee, Madison was feeling much more awake and decided to go actually get dressed for the day. She was still in her pajamas from the night before, having been too late and too lazy to change out of them. “Guess it’s time for me to actually go put real clothes on.”

As soon as she left the room, the guys all erupted into whispers. She thought it was odd that they all waited until she left to start talking, but she didn’t think much of it. She grabbed a change of clothes from her bag and made her way into the bathroom.

It was small, but not as small as she had expected. It actually had a tub big enough to sit in and bathe which was a bonus, she had been expecting only a tiny, cramped shower. She continued admiring the room while she stripped off her clothes. She pulled on a pair of comfortable jeans and a shirt that was big on her because she had stolen it from Matt. Then she stepped up to the mirror to see if her hair needed any work. Her jaw dropped when she focused on her reflection and she let out a shriek when she realized there was a dick drawn on her face. That explained the tickling sensation on her face that had caused her to wake up and the way the guys all whispered to each other when she left the room.

“On the first day? Seriously?” She yelled, flinging the door open and storming back into the living room. All five of the guys were falling all over the place, laughing their asses off.

“Which one of you motherfuckers did this?” She asked dramatically, motioning to the black sharpie drawing scrawled across her skin.

Cackling, Jimmy held up a sharpie. “Welcome to tour life, Maddie.”

“You better watch your back, James Owen Sullivan! I will get you back for this!” She turned and headed back into the bathroom to try to scrub the ink off her face, wondering exactly what the hell she had gotten herself in to.

-----

Later that evening, the bus had stopped outside a small diner so they could all grab something for dinner before driving the final hours to the first venue. They were all seated around a large table, their black clothes and tattoos standing out against the fifties themed diner.

After they had all put in their orders and the waitress scurried off looking slightly overwhelmed, Matt pulled out a gift-wrapped package and turned in his seat to face Madison.

“We all chipped in to get you this gift. But before you get too excited about it, we also have a favor to ask you if you’ll agree to it.”

“Is this another prank?” she asked, eyeing the lot of them suspiciously.

Matt snickered and pushed the package over in front of her. “Not a prank, just open it.”

The box was wrapped perfectly, must have been Val’s doing. She tore off the paper quickly, revealing a brand new camera, one she’d had her eye on for a while. “We all know how much you love photography and we just wanted to do something nice for you. Val told me you’d been wanting this one.”

“This is amazing, you guys!” She cried out happily. She wanted to get up and hug them all, but stayed in her seat when she remembered the favor. “So, what’s the favor?”

“We know the whole point of you coming on this tour is so you can relax but we were kind of hoping you’d get some shots of the band while we’re out on the road.”

“Of course I will. Taking photos is relaxing to me. It’ll be fun! I’ll be glad to have something to make me feel like I have a purpose here, instead of just tagging along for the ride. Thank you all so much!” She hopped up out of her chair, going around the table and giving each of the guys a hug. When she came to Jimmy, she slapped him on the back of the head before hugging him.

“Hey! What was that for?” He exclaimed, rubbing a hand against his head.

“That was for the art skills you demonstrated this morning.” She wasn’t mad about it since she knew how the much the boys loved their pranks. She was just going to give him a hard time about it while she plotted her revenge. As she looked around at her friends surrounding her, a feeling of happiness swept over her. She felt like this was exactly where she was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got so tired of being stuck on this story, I finally said fuck it and just wrote something haha. Sorry for the filler chapter, but I needed to get going on this somehow. I pretty much know what is going to happen in every chapter after this so hopefully no more getting stuck. Things will start to get interesting in the next chapter. If you are still reading this, thanks for sticking around! I'm really, really, really going to try to update at least once a week now!