Status: This is my creepypasta style story

13 Selfies Before Death

13 Selfies Before Death

I remember my grandmother telling me stories about her teen years back between 2014 and 2017, at the time there was a fad called selfies, yea taking a picture of yourself using a phone and posting it on social media, they used social applications called Facebook and Instagram, my gran told me how she used the apps and how she had met grampa on Instagram.
Now I'm sure you are wondering why I brought this up, well you see "selfies" are a thing again now, and we have our own social platforms to post them on. So anyways about 12 days ago I was taking some selfies and posting them, when a pop up advertisement came up advertising an old school selfie social platform - INSTAGRAM -, imagine my shock.. my gran told about instagram and how it was the greatest app of the time, with cool filters and such.
So being a rather vain and curious 16yr old girl I downloaded the app, upon signing up "disclaimer" thing popped up, stating that I'd only be able to post 13 selfies over 13 days, I thought this rather odd but hey I was curious.

Day 1: Using Instagrams application camera I took the first of 13 selfies... HOLY SHIT, I LOOKED FKN STUNNING, within the hour I had over 100 likes and over 1000 followers. Was I hot or what..

Day 2: Using instagram for my second selfie, I felt sort of uneasy, I felt like someone was watching me, and after I had posted my pic the edges of it blurred out somewhat, besides that I felt like some sort of celebrity I had well over 200 likes and 2000 followers.Though that night I had a nightmare, I totally forgot it when I woke up, even though I soiled my bed.. my thoughts.. "What The Hell"

Day 3: Another Selfie.... I simply couldn't resist, I was foolishly dressed in a denim dress, though the picture came out absolutely stunning, but something was wrong.. after I posted my pic, there it was... a set of eyes reflected in my mirror behind me.. but how?
The nightmare came again, though this time I could distinctly remember a set of green eyes, not the glowing green eyes you hear of in old horror stories, no these were human eyes, olive-green human eyes.

Days 4,5,6 & 7: I continued taking selfies, I was addicted, I simply couldn't stop, on Instagram I was a shining beauty, though in reality I was wasting away, looking rather gaunt with bags under my eyes, my sister commented that I look older than mum, I didn't care, instagram said I was beautiful, and that was all that mattered to me.
The nightmares wouldn't stop, I could now remember her face, she was beautiful yet frightening at the same time. She kept saying No more pictures No more No more.. It was as if she was being traumatized or something of the sort, I should have listened, I should have deleted that app, but it made me feel beautiful, it made me feel special. I just couldn't stop.

Days 8,9 & 10: Now she was appearing behind me in my instagram pics, I tried to tell my friends about it, but they didn't believe me, saying that Instagram hasn't been used by anyone in over 20 years.. and Mum flat-out laughed at me, saying that the flash from my camera was making me loopy..
The 10th night was the most disturbing, well so I thought at the time, late in the evening I was tossing and turning as I felt rather uncomfortable, then there was a sudden pressure on my bed like someone sat next to me, then the pressure of someone leaning over my chest.. my eyes flew open and there she was THIS CREEPY BITCH WAS ON TOP OF ME!! She leaned in close to my ear and whispered: You need to stop, or you'll die a painful death worse than mine... I then woke up into a dream, I was her back in 2017. I don't know how but I just knew.
I or should I say She was by a pool at some party, as the party was going on inside I\she took a selfie and was busy editing it when two guys walk up, they started flirting saying how she looked so hot on instagram and such then walked off laughing amongst themselves, I\she then proceeded to take another selfie, something was off about this one... the two guys were behind her in the pic, as I\she turned around they grabbed her, raped and killed her.

Day 11: I awoke, immediately taking a selfie and posting it, at this point it was an automatic thing for me, I just couldn't stop. My mind raced that day, why was this girl haunting me? after all aren't I a stunning girl just like she was?
That night I had a good nights sleep, all was fine.

Day 12, Friday: I was so excited, I had put my best dress on.. click whizz flash... yea another selfie on Instagram, though somehow it was captioned. " Its Friday nd I'm Sexy AF, lol" I didn't write that I didn't even understand what that all ment.. anyway it was still an amazing picture.
The nightmare was terrifying, I felt everything she did and this time she whispered with her last breath : So this is what you get for being beautiful.

Day 13, Today She is here in my room with me now, she has told me not to dare touch my phone or she'll rip my flesh off, which in her opinion is what I deserve for my sheer vanity... but I just can't help it, I need to know that I'm beautiful.. Just one more.... click, whizz, flash...post.

Sunday 13 May 2057
Sundaytimes News Reads as follows:
YESTERDAY TEEN FOUND DEAD
Cathy age 16 was found yesterday in a gruesome scene by her sister, Police say that she appears to be the latest victim of the "Shredder Murders", so far 12 teen girls have been brutally mutilated and killed in a sickly manner... there have been no suspects and police are baffled....

The End.