Dear God, I Left Her When I Found Her

Phone Call. Brian's POV.

Tanya, both Michelles', and me were in my car. The silence was comfortable since Motley Crue was playing on the radio and Tanya was out singing Vince. The song ended and Tanya inhaled a breathe.

"Its such a damn shame," Tanya started. "That Vince Neal had to be an ass. An even bigger shame that he lost his voice and he sounds like a deaf howler monkey." She adjusted herself in the back seat next to little Michelle.

"So," she added while she stretched. "What's girl's night?"

Little Michelle started to smile. "Yeah, what is that? And why is Johnny going?"

Michelle and me in the front seat started to laugh.

"Girl's night is just a night where the girl's hang out and just be around each other. Then to make things interesting, we usually bring along one of the boys. The way we decide is which one loses a bet around the planned time." Michelle answered the two teen girls in the backseat.

I snorted. "Yeah, and the guys have no fucking clue what goes on there."

"I thought you said one of the guys comes with you?" Tanya asked.

"Yeah," Michelle got an evil smirk on her face. "We usually make sure they don't tell."

"How?" the girls chorused in the back.

"We take pictures, make videos, and the whole nine yards. And if they let something slip about girl's night, the nine yards will come back to haunt them."

Tanya gave out an evil laugh. "Sounds awesome, totally off the chain."

"Yeah," Michelle agreed. "And you two are going to join us."

Little Michelle squirmed uncomfortably. "I'll have to call home."

An empty pang sounded in my stomach. If felt… weird. For some reason. For calling another place home. Having to ask for permission from her other parents. It hurt.

Little Michelle reached in her bag and pulled out her cell phone. She dialed in a number and I felt oddly obligated to listen in.

"Hey, Molly."

pause.

"I'm going to stay the night with Brian and his girl friend, Michelle."

pause.

"Oh, yeah. The irony."

pause.

Little Michelle's face fell. "Oh, I forgot about James. Have you told him? Does he know?"

pause James was her foster father.

"That would work. I'll just get Tanya to drive my car and he'll just think I went over to her house."

pause.

"Thanks, bye." She hung up the phone.

"So what's the dealio?" Tanya asked.

Little Michelle sighed and stared at her phone like it was it had morphed into butter.

"Its James. He isn't going to be happy about the whole 'I found my real dad thing.'" Little Michelle answered.

"Oh, I had always had the impression you didn't mean that much to him. Well, he isn't in a very good mood when I'm around." Tanya told her.

"Yeah, ever since Michael left he's been a little gripy, but Molly's told me he does care. He just doesn't know a way how to express it." Little Michelle told Tanya. "Whichever way," she shook her head. "Tanya, you're gonna have to drive my car and take directions from the other Michelle."

"Psh! I'm used to that." Tanya exclaimed. She earned a collective laugh from both Michelles'.

"Ugh. Let's jus hope to God that James doesn't come back from work early."

Should I hope the same thing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Little Michelle is Brian's daughter.
Michelle is Brian's girl friend. I'm just gonna do that when i'm on Brian's POV.

comments?