Dear God, I Left Her When I Found Her

Michelle Double. Michelle's POV

Holy fuck.

Those two words were the only things that crossed my bland mind. Then there was, "That dude looks like me, but he's a dude, and I’m a chick."

Suddenly Tanya announced into the mic that we were down to our last song. I played through the riffs robotically and I couldn't walk around because my legs had turned to Jell-O, and I was afraid I might fall.

To me the song was over before it started. I began to pack up and my ears and my ears were ringing with the crowd's cheers. I walked back stage with my guitar case and sat it down. I found somebody's bottle of water. It was ice cold and fresh from the coolers. I opened it and poured it over my head.

the freezing water was a shock to my body and knocked me out of my robotic stance. I shivered and picked up the guitar case and walked out the back door.

No one else was at the Chevy yet. I tucked my Les Paul underneath the tool box. I turned leaned against the truck and sucked in a shaky breath.

"Hey," someone greeted to me softly. I looked up and saw a girl with black I didn't recognize.

"Hi." I answered.

"My name is Michelle." she told me. Tonight was just full of surprises.

"Me too." I answered. She leaned against the truck beside me. I then remembered that she was the girl that was standing beside that guy... "He's my dad, isn't he?"

Michelle pursed her lips. "There's a lot of things Brian's been not speaking up about."

"Brian Haner Jr." I said. It was definitely him. “They told me his name.”

Michelle nodded. “Then he must be your father.”

“Why hasn’t he ever tried to meet me ever before?” I asked trying to keep the hurt out of my voice.

“Brian doesn’t take life as seriously as he should.” Michelle said. I could tell she hated saying the words. “I don’t know what he was thinking.”

“Neither do I. I can only guess that he had a life that was working for him.” I said.

“Your guess is as good as mine.” Michelle said then paused. “I’m sorry.”

That shocked me. Then it made me angry. Feeling sorry for the poor fatherless teenager wasn’t how I rolled. “Don’t be. I do have a family with a dad as far as I’m concerned. I’m happy with my friends and my music. Life is working out for me, too.” That was mostly true, but I was only happy when my friends and music were around. Nothing else.

“Can I get your address?” Michelle asked me.

I studied her a moment. I couldn’t tell if I could trust her or not.

“I don’t know if he’ll come see you or not,” Michelle said noticing my unease. ”But he’ll take it into consideration.”

I sighed. “Okay.”

Michelle smiled and pulled out a bright green flyer. She handed me a pen and I scribled down my address.

“Thanks,” she said and took her pen back. “Hopefully we’ll hear from each other soon.”

What the fuck did I just do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's a longer one.