Status: Active ♥

My Heart Belongs to You

Twelve

Walking to school the next day, Taylor put her books in her locker and headed to her art class to hand in her assignment. Making her way to the cafeteria, she stepped forward in the direction of the table that Tammy was sitting at and stopped as Michelle put herself in Taylor's path.

"You didn't take my advice then," Michelle said, causing Taylor to roll her eyes and sigh in frustration.

"Look Michelle, if I wanted to kill myself I'd climb your ego and jump to your IQ," Taylor replied, noticing Tammy and Dylan both watching the exchange closely, "I really don't understand what I've done to incur you blatant hatred, but it's starting to get on my nerves and I just want you to leave me alone."

"I thought we covered this already, you were given a warning and you didn't listen," Michelle stated.

"You're beginning to sound like a broken record," Taylor mumbled, "I get that you're hurt because Dylan broke up with you, but that isn't my fault and I'm fed up of being blamed for it."

"He was perfectly happy until he started talking to you," Michelle snapped.

"I..." Taylor started, but fell silent as Dylan came up beside her and wrapped his fingers around her wrist to stop her.

"If you want to talk about our break up, then talk to me," Dylan told Michelle, "Yeah, I broke up with you after you insulted Taylor, but that wasn't the only reason I finished it and you know that."

"So, you're willing to throw away your popularity for her?" Michelle asked.

"I'm not throwing away anything," Dylan argued, glancing over at Taylor and looking back to Michelle as he continued, "Taylor is my friend and if people don't like that, then that's their problem. I've known Taylor for a long time and I'm not going to let you or anyone tell me that I can't be friends with her, because of a reputation that I never wanted in the first place."

"Fine," Michelle whispered, grabbing a slushy from a passing students tray and throwing it in Taylor's face.

Stepping back in shock, Taylor tried to wipe it away from her eyes and hissed in discomfort as the syrup caused them to burn. Hearing Tammy shouting, Taylor looked up to see her best friend up in Michelle's face and gasped as she slapped her across the face.

Before anyone could react, Mr. Corrick appeared and separated the two girls. Telling them that he would deal with it later, he turned to Taylor and guided her out of the cafeteria away from everyone's prying eyes.

"Tammy, could you take Taylor to the girl's changing rooms and help her get cleaned up, please?" Mr. Corrick inquired, earning a nod from Tammy, "Great, Dylan... follow me."

Hesitating momentarily, Dylan finally followed Mr. Corrick towards his classroom and Tammy pulled Taylor to the changing rooms. Washing her face at the sink, Taylor dried herself off and changed into a clean top that Tammy had in her locker for emergencies.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," Taylor said as she sorted her hair in the mirror, "I know that you were just trying to look out for me and I threw that back in your face... can you forgive me?"

"Of course," Tammy replied, hugging Taylor as if she hadn't seen her for years, "I felt like someone had chopped off one of my limbs."

"Dramatic much," Taylor teased with a smile, although she knew exactly how Tammy had felt, "I can't believe that you slapped Michelle."

"It was a long time coming, besides she deserved it... no one does that you and gets away with it."

"Thank you."

Putting her arm around Tammy's shoulders, they made their way to Mr. Corrick's classroom and took their seats ready for class. Taylor knew that everyone was talking about what happened and were whispering behind her back, but she tried her best not to let it get to her. Hearing the chair next to her being pulled out, Taylor looked around to see who it was and smiled as Dylan sat down.

Taylor would be lying if she said she wasn't glad when school ended, so that she could get away from the whispering and glares.

"Tay," Dylan called, causing Taylor to look over her shoulder and wait for him to catch up.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, do you want to go with me to get a milkshake?"

"Oreo flavor with hot fudge and cream?"

"Like I would order you anything else."

Chuckling, Taylor fell into step beside Dylan and listened to him talk about his morning training session. Arriving at Nel's Diner, Dylan ordered their milkshake and then led her over to an empty table.

"Did any of the team say anything about what happened?" Taylor asked as she played absentmindedly with her straw.

"Nothing bad," Dylan stated with a shrug, "This may come as a surprise to you Taylor, but not everybody hates you... some people, like me, actually think that you're pretty cool."

Finishing their milk shakes, Dylan bought a cookie for them to share and they headed home. Arranging to walk to school together the next day, Taylor ordered herself a pizza and settled down on the sofa to watch a movie. Tomorrow was going to her a rough day and Taylor knew that it was going to be hard for her, but hopefully, she wouldn't have to deal with it alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I was totally watching glee while I was writing and that's where the slushy scene came from... Happy reading ♥