Status: Active ♥

My Heart Belongs to You

Sixteen

They were half way through a movie, when Taylor noticed that Dylan had fallen asleep and covered him with a blanket. Finishing the film, she went to sleep and woke up to find Dylan watching television beside her.

"Morning," Dylan said, glancing over at her with a smile and returning his attention to the program he was watching.

"Morning," Taylor replied, "How long have you been awake?"

"A while," Dylan told her with a shrug, "You looked pretty peaceful and I didn't want to wake you, besides it's not the first time I've stayed at your house."

"Hungry?"

"Starving."

Heading downstairs, they entered the kitchen and Taylor gathered everything she needed to make them pancakes. Twenty minutes later, they were sitting on the sofa eating and talking about what they could do for the day.

"What about swimming at the lake?" Taylor suggested, "We could invite Tammy and the others as well... I'll make some food for us to take."

"That sounds like a plan, why don't you invite Tammy and I'll text the boys," Dylan told her, earning a nod of agreement from Taylor and pulling his phone out, "Speaking of Tammy, who did she want to kill yesterday?"

"Her brother."

"What did he do to deserve to die?" Dylan asked, following Taylor into the kitchen and sitting at the counter as Taylor started making sandwiches.

"He kissed me," Taylor admitted without looking up at him.

"Did you want him too?" Dylan added.

"No, not that I had much of a choice in the matter," Taylor mumbled, "I shouldn't have told her, but she noticed that I was acting strange around her and I didn't know how to let him down without being a jerk about the whole situation."

"So, why did you tell me?"

"You asked and you know when I'm lying, so there was no point in trying to make something up."

Finishing the food, Taylor went upstairs to put her swimming costume on under her clothes and grabbed a towel on her way back down. Packing the food into cooler bags, Taylor waited for Dylan to come back from his house and then they made their way through the woods that backed onto her garden to the lake.

Placing the bags on one of the picnic benches there, Taylor retrieved a can of soda that Dylan's mom had given them and chucked one to Dylan as he joined her. It was half an hour, before Tammy turned up with Kevin and Taylor felt her stomach flip.

"Hey," Tammy greeted them with her usual cheery grin, "Dylan, this is my brother Kevin."

"Nice to meet you," Kevin said, holding out his hand and letting it drop when Dylan just glared at him.

It wasn't long, before everyone else arrived and Taylor didn't waste time jumping in the lake with Tammy. Squealing as the boys joined them, Taylor dunked Dylan and laughed as he lunged towards her. Picking her up bridal style, Dylan laughed as she begged him to put her down and threw her into the water.

The boys all got out half an hour later, leaving Tammy and Taylor alone. Fed up of hearing Tammy moaning about being hungry, they soon followed the boys and had just finished drying themselves off when she saw Dylan punch Kevin in the jaw.

"Say that again," Dylan demanded, struggling against Jared's hold to get to Kevin and glaring.

"Why are you so angry, Dylan?" Kevin replied, "Is it because of what I just said or is it because I kissed the girl you're into?"

"That's not something to be proud of, dweeb," Tammy added, hitting Kevin in the chest and rolling her eyes at his indignant protests.

"Face it, you're just mad that I had the balls to go after what I wanted."

"Enough," Taylor snapped, stepping in the middle of the group and motioning for Jared to let Dylan go, "I came here to have fun, not listen to you two argue like a pair of testosterone-plagued teenagers... leave the drama at home."

"I was just telling him a few home truths," Kevin stated.

"Shut it," Taylor warned, turning towards Dylan and pushing him in the opposite direction of where Kevin stood smirking, "Let's go start a fire, Rocky."

Gathering some wood for the pit, Taylor chucked them in and watched as Dylan got the fire started. The group soon gathered around the flames making smores and Taylor took a seat on a log beside Dylan, nudging his shoulder to get his attention.

"I'm not going to apologize for punching him, but I am sorry for the way I acted," Dylan mumbled as he stared into the fire.

"It doesn't matter," Taylor replied, "You wouldn't have hit him without a reason."

"The thing is... he was right, I was too scared to tell you how I really felt and maybe a little jealous as well," Dylan admitted, so that only Taylor could hear, "I was scared of losing what we already have, I like you, Tay and I don't know what to do about it."

"Please don't kiss me without warning," Taylor joked, earning a chuckle from Dylan, "Seriously, I'd freeze but this time it would be for a totally different reason and I don't want any misunderstandings to ruin things."

"I promise to warn you beforehand."

Shifting so that her legs were either side of the log, Taylor hugged Dylan's arm and entwined their fingers. Turning his head towards her, Dylan kissed her head that was resting on his shoulder and tightened his grip on her hand slightly. Hearing the sound of a photo being taken on a phone, Taylor looked up and spotted Tammy grinning at them with her phone in her hand.

Yay she mouthed, causing Taylor to roll her eyes and rest her chin on Dylan's shoulder as she listened to the others chatting around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥