Status: Active ♥

My Heart Belongs to You

nineteen

Sitting in her bedroom on the floor, Taylor stared at the box in front of her and reluctantly removed the lid. Taking a handful of the pictures inside, she looked through them and started making a pile she wanted to use in her art project.

Placing the box back under her bed once she had all the photo's she needed, Taylor moved over to her desk and opened the blank scrapbook that her mom had bought her. Uncapping her pen, she thought for a minute and then began to write.

'Once upon a time there was a little girl who had everything her tiny beating heart could want,' Taylor wrote, sticking a picture of herself as a youngster underneath it and continuing to write, 'Like all other young girls her age, Taylor's dream in life was to be the fairest princess in all the land (as well as a pop star, a cowgirl and for the shortest time Barney the Dinosaur)'

Hearing a light tapping on her door, Taylor told whoever it was to enter and looked up as her mom walked in with a steaming cup of something in her hand.

"I thought you might like some cocoa," her mom said, putting the cup down and looking at the scrapbook page Taylor was working on, "I remember that photo... you had told us that your birthday wish was to be a princess and that one day you'd have a story written about you in a book."

"Dad built me a castle out of boxes and crawled around the floor with me on his back, pretending to be my very own steed," Taylor added, smiling as she added a few more details to the background and pulled out her colored pencils, "He would ask me questions and take in every detail as if it were the most important information in the world to him... he was supposed to write my story for me."

"He did, or he started, but he never thought that it was finished," her mom told her, "Perhaps the ending is for you to write."

Smiling at her mom as she left the room, Taylor ran her fingers over the picture and took a deep breath to steady herself. Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket, she pulled it out and opened the new text message from Dylan.

'Practice is over, do you want me to come over?'

'If you want to, I'm just working on my art project.'

'Cool, I have a project to start as well, so I will head home to shower and come over to yours after.'

'Sounds like a plan because I don't want your sweaty self anywhere near me.'

'Just for that I might skip the shower.'

'Do that and I won't let you through the front door.' Taylor replied with a chuckle.

'You'd really leave your boyfriend on your doorstep... alone?'

' You are so dramatic, but yes... yes I would.'

'Note to self: Always shower before going to the girlfriend's house.'

'Make sure you write that down or you'll forget.'

'I'll see you soon.'

Putting her phone down on the desk beside her, she returned her attention to the paper in front of her and got back to work. Deciding not to do the pages in order, she pulled another blank sheet towards her and stuck a picture of her dad in the middle.

Staring at the picture for a few minutes, Taylor took the pen and wrote a caption underneath. 'I may find my prince, but this man will always be my king.' She was half way through the page design, when Dylan walked into the room and kissed her cheek in greeting. Glancing up at him, Taylor smiled and watched as he got comfortable on her bed to do his own work.

Finishing the final few details on the pages she had started, Taylor packed away her stuff and joined Dylan on the bed. Resting her chin on his shoulder, she observed what he was doing and kissed him quickly on the lips as he turned his head to look at her.

"Hey mom," Taylor stated as her mom entered the room with a smirk on her face.

"I found the book I told you about earlier," her mom replied, handing over a thick leather-bound book and sitting on the edge of the bed as Taylor opened it, "Perhaps you and Dylan could think of some things to add to it."

"Thanks, mom."

Watching as her mom left the room again, Taylor returned her attention to the book in her lap and smiled at the illustration on the inside cover.

"Is that you?" Dylan asked, earning a nod from Taylor and moving to get a better look, "I knew that your dad could draw, but I never knew that he wrote books."

"He didn't," Taylor mumbled, "This is the only book he wrote... do you remember when I told you that one day there would be a book that told of all of our adventures?"

"I do."

"Well, this is that book," Taylor informed him as she flicked through the pages, "Listen to this... One day whilst out exploring the woods that surrounded her families castle, the princess and her loyal friend Dylan stumbled across a stream. Unable to find a way across, they decided to brave the danger and took a leap of faith to reach the other side."

"That was the day we both fell in and came home soaking wet," Dylan added with a chuckle, "How about I pack away my things and we read it together from the beginning?"

"That sounds nice."

Sitting up against the headboard with Dylan's arm wrapped securely around her shoulders, Taylor took a deep breath and turned to the beginning of many exciting adventures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading ♥